• Anything else? Im not going this week as I have no time. Within the next 2 weeks I will go.

• '17 '16

@Imperious:

Look at his stupid name. 88 means Heil Hitler 8th letter twice. Losers ( skinheads) do this to identify them , 14 is unknown but probably another stupid idea represented by numbers.

Ya… his name tipped me off a lot more than his post… Hey… anybody want to take a guess which nation he likes to play in A&A? lol

• @Wolfshanze:

@Imperious:

Look at his stupid name. 88 means Heil Hitler 8th letter twice. Losers ( skinheads) do this to identify them , 14 is unknown but probably another stupid idea represented by numbers.

Ya… his name tipped me off a lot more than his post… Hey… anybody want to take a guess which nation he likes to play in A&A? lol

CHINA! JK

• '17 '16

@Hunter:

@Wolfshanze:

CHINA!

Awww… my money was on France…

• @Wolfshanze:

@Imperious:

It depends on which A&A game it is. Sometimes Axis nations, sometimes Allied nations. A&A is an interesting game on all sides.

• '17 '16 '15 '12

alt right is all right, oh my.

Shame this creeps into AA.org. And then those SAD references to the current, erm, circumstances.

• Ok so I talked with WOTC, I got nothing out of it… Sorry Guys

• @Hunter:

Ok so I talked with WOTC, I got nothing out of it… Sorry Guys

Thanks for trying.  It was worth a shot.

• Thanks Mark. That makes me feel better after driving out and coming home disappointed(lunch helped I guess)

• @Narvik:

Based on the talk in this thread between Larry Harris and some fans, I figure we get a new A&A game this year, man.

harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18863

Larry wrote on page 9 in this thread yesterday, that his new game is not A&A but a global WWII game, and is to be release mid june, thats about 6 weeks from now

• @Narvik:

@Narvik:

Based on the talk in this thread between Larry Harris and some fans, I figure we get a new A&A game this year, man.

harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18863

Larry wrote on page 9 in this thread yesterday, that his new game is not A&A but a global WWII game, and is to be release mid june, thats about 6 weeks from now

To clarify, he more specifically said it will be publicly announced mid June.
    That could still mean many months before release (or immediate, you never know with some publishers).

• I also assume that he meant that the name and (some of) the details of the game will be publicly announced, given that his forum is public and that he’s already announced the game in general terms.

• Sponsor

I’m skeptical that it’s a WW2 game, but we’ll see.

• @Young:

I’m skeptical that it’s a WW2 game

Larry’s post said “It’s not Axis & Allies but it is a global WW2 game with significantly different features,” which sounds pretty unambiguous.

• Sponsor

@CWO:

@Young:

I’m skeptical that it’s a WW2 game

Larry’s post said “It’s not Axis & Allies but it is a global WW2 game with significantly different features,” which sounds pretty unambiguous.

Ahh… ok, any word on who will be the publisher?

• @Young:

Ahh… ok, any word on who will be the publisher?

No idea.  But thinking ahead to when it’s published, I had a look at the index page of the axisandallies.org forum to see if there might be a logical place to set up a board for Larry’s new WWII game, if djensen should eventually decide to do so.  From a quick glance, the best spot might be the “Board Game Variants” section of the forum, which at present contains just one board: the one for the Global War game by HBG.  Adding a new board to that section for Larry’s new game might make sense conceptually, given that the new game won’t be an actual A&A-brand game.  And doing so would bring that section into line with the others, because at the moment it’s the only forum section that has just one board under it.

• Lets just hope the game come with plastic miniatures, some of Larrys early work in the 1980s was hex and counter games, and a game with cartoon figurines.

• '17 '16 '15

Thanks Narvik. Looking forward to what Larry and the gang come out with

• '19 '17 '16

@GeneralHandGrenade:

I wonder if the sale prices mean they are about to put new out version(s) and those ones will be obsolete.

Maybe an update of Anniversary Edition? That would be the most popular possibility, I feel. An update of Global would most likely only tinker at the edges and most likely just result in people using the new rules on old sets.

• @simon33:

Maybe an update of Anniversary Edition? That would be the most popular possibility, I feel.

I wish, but that is unlikely since Larry said his new game is not A&A. I checked the upcoming games at Hasbro, WOTC and AH, but nothing looks like the game Larry is talking about, so I guess Larry pull this off by himself and not via a big company. Larry also said this game have new features different from A&A. So it must be a new combat system. I figure this game can not be huge like the Global 40, more likely its the same size as Larrys first game, MB classic from 1984, but with LHTR rules that is designed for tournament play. This new game will be like a chess game, very balanced and playable, and with the WWII theme only as a background. It will take like 4 hoers to complete, and not a weekend like the G40. Just my guess

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m