Loading units onto allied transports in the same round that the ally unloaded them

• 2023 '22 '21

Hi, I’ve searched the 1940 2nd Ed manual and the notes with the map in TripleA, but couldn’t find a definative answer to this question. Was hoping someone would be able to help me.

The situation:
    The US invaded Normandy and the UK landed some reinforcements on round 5. Can the French or UK troops in the UK load onto the US transports in SZ110 (the Channel) during round 5 even though the US transports have already loaded/unloaded on that round?

I’m aware they they couldn’t unload, that would have to be a round later (round 6). Trilpe A allows it, but that doesn’t mean it is valid by the rules.

e01f4419-18b5-42fa-84c8-ae121c2c0725-image.png

This is the section in the manual regarding using allied transports. By my reading, it doesn’t rule out doing the above, but doesn’t say that you definately can either:

Transporting Multinational Forces:
    Transports belonging to a friendly power can load and offload your land units, as long as both powers are at war. This is a three-step process:
    1| You load your land units aboard the friendly transport on your turn.
    2| The transport’s controller moves it (or not) on that player’s turn.
    3| You offload your land units on your next turn.

• FlyingBadgerF FlyingBadger referenced this topic on

• @flyingbadger said in Loading units onto allied transports in the same round that the ally unloaded them:

… even though the US transports have already loaded/unloaded on that round?

During US turn rules concerning movement and loading/unloading transports apply to the US. So restrictions apply to US turn, see rulebook’s Transport rules. They do not apply to the entire round. In your scenario it is France’s / UK’s turn.

This is why the rules that you quoted say “You (as French or as UK) move land units aboard”, and “You (as French or as UK) offload your units.”. The US transport has no active role here, as it is not US’ turn.

• PantherP Panther referenced this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m