Wow look at this game! called: MedioEvo Universalis

• '17 '16 '15 '12

looks fantastic, need to look at that more closely, thx.

• Thanks for the info.  It looks kind of like a medieval version of Axis and Allies Europe…call it, say, “Axes and Armour.”  :-)

• It looks awesome!  I wish there were production copies available….

• Customizer

Right up my street. Ripe for my inheritance rules.

Take them to school on the heraldry, mind.

Lowlands is in the Highlands…

A lot will depend on the quality of the miniatures they produce.

BGG page up:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/119881/medioevo-universalis

Official site English forum - development.

http://www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9971

• Hi to all, I’m Nicola Iannone, author of this boardgame MedioEvo Universalis

If you have questions, do not hesitate, THANK YOU :)

• Buona sera Nicola.
    Good job. Looks exciting.

• @Veldriss:

Hi to all, I’m Nicola Iannone, author of this boardgame MedioEvo Universalis

I saw you guys found a publisher in Italy.  Will there be any USA distribution?

• @wittmann:

Buona sera Nicola.
    Good job. Looks exciting.

Buon giorno wittmann  :-D
    Thank you very much!

@ChromiumAgeCollector:

@Veldriss:

Hi to all, I’m Nicola Iannone, author of this boardgame MedioEvo Universalis

I saw you guys found a publisher in Italy.  Will there be any USA distribution?

Yes, the publisher Giochix will use the crowdfunding system also on kickstarter.com

• NICE!!!

I will definitely be a backer!  Do you have an idea when the campaign will start?

• @ChromiumAgeCollector:

NICE!!!

I will definitely be a backer!  Do you have an idea when the campaign will start?

Giochix would begin at the end of 2016, the base box for 3-5 players will cost about €100.

• Brief description: management boardgame set in the second half of the XIII century. Players will have to manage one of the great Kingdoms, developing a commercial network, improving the technological evolution and weaving diplomatic pacts with other players. Many unforeseen events, including random events, disasters and barbaric peoples hinder military conquests and the creation of an Empire.

Designer: Nicola Iannone (Paolo Bertollo, Simone Silini, Paolo Mazza)
    Artist: Nicola Iannone, Omar Savoldelli, La Figlia del Brigante
    Publisher: Giochix
    Year Published: probabily end of 2016

Numper of Players: 3-5
    Suggested Ages: 14+
    Playing Time: 240 minutes or more
    Language Dependence: Extensive use of text - massive conversion needed to be playable
    Category: Civilization, Economic, Medieval, Miniatures, Negotiation, Religious, Wargame
    Mechanic: Area Movement, Auction/Bidding, Dice Rolling, Partnerships, Simultaneous Action Selection, Trading, Variable Phase Order
    Primary Name: MedioEvo Universalis
    Subtitle: Game of commerce, diplomacy, strategy and conquest
    Mail: nikianno@alice.it

MAIN FEATURES OF MEDIOEVO UNIVERSALIS:

• Number of players: 3-5 with BASE box, 6-10 with EXPANSION box. Added the “dead”, which has rules to reinforce himself, attack and rebel territories of players poor defended.

• Terrain: various types of terrain combined with city’s fortifications and technologies give modifiers for movements and overpopulation.

• Random turns: turns of the players are random, but can be influenced in part from the initial auction.

• Auctions: plus the ability to buy entitled to play first, or put on sale, during commercial phase, part of their possessions.

• Taxes and Reinforcements: collection of resources from their territories subject to various modifiers.

• Trade: players have at their disposal sea and land transportations to trade 8 types of goods in 36 cities on the map to earn florins.

• Technological advancement: 38 technologies deployed in 6 families on a maximum of 4 levels improve their Reign in economy, trade, military and diplomacy. These technologies implement the features of other playing cards or allow to protect yourself from Calamities.

• Very rare events: calamities can disrupt and modify a lot all strategies… If the player is prepared, he will able to survive almost unscathed, otherwise …

• Random Events: a series of positive and negative random events, but less catastrophic, will hit the various areas of land or sea in which the map is divided: storms, missions required by the Pope, tournaments between players, merchants who offer trade � etc.

• Development: the player has the opportunity to expand their cities, increase the fortifications and defenses, armies, military and commercial transport… and more.

• Playing cards: allow to improve armies and defenses, the construction of fortifications, taxes, diplomacy, the purchase of new mercenary’s armies … etc.

• Combat: the combination of technologies with the card game allows you to get a bonus set of modifiers during battles… and how about a nice Crusade? Don’t forget to corsairs, pirates and Mongol invasions.

• Diplomacy: there are six diplomatic options with other players, which take into consideration the Casus Belli and allow betrayals; also with expansion comes into play the Pope who will have to deal with the Crusades and the other Kingdoms Christians just waiting to take his place … and if the Mamluks conquered Rome?

• Expansion: the player is invited to expand his Kingdom to create an empire.

• Aim of the game: earning the highest number of Honor Points, as you play, depending on the actions taken, you may gain or lose Honor Points, obtainable through many aspects of the game: trade, diplomacy, combat and conquest, cards of random events.

LIST OF COMPONENTS OF THE PROTOTYPE:
    1 MAP OF THE GAME
    63 MEANS OF TRANSPORT
    15 MEANS OF SIEGE
    12 CATHEDRAL / MOSQUES
    22 CIVIL BUILDINGS
    80 MILITARY BUILDINGS
    175 ARMY OF PLAYERS
    45 OF ARMED barbaric
    22 DICE
    96 GOODS
    300 COINS
    150 TOKENS
    6 DECKS OF CARDS (EMPIRE, TECHNOLOGY, EVENTS, CALAMITY, TREASURE, TARGET)
    5 TABLE OF PLAYERS
    5 PANELS OF PLAYERS
    5 SHEETS OF PLAYERS

• Some photos with the latest version of the printed map this year with the latest fixes made on maritime boundaries and the names of the territories more all the new heraldic …

• Customizer

Did you consider something along the lines of Blood Royale’s dynastic phase & marriage alliances?

The politics of the time largely revolved around hereditary succession to titles.

• Will production copies come with miniatures or wooden cubes?

• @Flashman:

Did you consider something along the lines of Blood Royale’s dynastic phase & marriage alliances?

The politics of the time largely revolved around hereditary succession to titles.

I would have liked to put something in the mechanics of diplomacy, but this game is a management with simple rules; you can do almost anything, but I could not weigh down the game mechanics.
    In the optional rules I expected the royal wedding.

@ChromiumAgeCollector:

Will production copies come with miniatures or wooden cubes?

I’m sorry, but I do not know, the publisher Giochix will decide. I can assume that if the price will be around 100 euro, almost certainly will be miniatures.

• Customizer

Would you go for 1/72 scale minis, or is this rather impractical for a game with so many pieces?

In A&A 1914 the infantry are virtually 1/72, and the map really isn’t big enough for them. Something along the lines of those used in Warlords of Europe might be more reasonable.

• @Flashman:

Would you go for 1/72 scale minis, or is this rather impractical for a game with so many pieces?

In A&A 1914 the infantry are virtually 1/72, and the map really isn’t big enough for them. Something along the lines of those used in Warlords of Europe might be more reasonable.

Surely the miniatures like Warlords of Europe must be the best solution.

–-

GAME TURN, english version:

• looks really good. I am  awaiting its publication. Perhaps, I will buy it in Florence. Please say when it is out. Grazie.

• @wittmann:

looks really good. I am  awaiting its publication. Perhaps, I will buy it in Florence. Please say when it is out. Grazie.

Surely. Prego  :-D

–----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the last version of the map for 10 players, it automatically updates every time I make a change:

(CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE):

More info here: http://www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9977#p16500

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m