Japan Unveils Largest Warship Since WWII

• BTW, how many emails have you gotten today, offering words of support?

only 47…oh and one from Dr. Spock

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Listen up Imperious.

The communities had enough of your stench, and we’ve lost enough of our members to your bull sht.

It’s time your fat ass got tossed out. Let the games begin.

• Then delete your account. Then we won’t be bothered.

• I often have deep and meaningful conversations in my head when brushing my teeth.
    Isn’t that funny?

• IL, however, ONLY gets pissed when someone points out something that’s incorrect about what he posts.  Or even offers a differing point of view.  For him, it’s all about himself.

I get entertained when idiots make up grammar mistakes as a means of an argument. It is so weak as to make me laugh, which is why i do things like further pester them and make edits. Their only defense seems to transfer this upon me an even worse argument " I claim you do it so i do it rubbish"

Then they confuse the calling of vessel a carrier, which is that it looks like a Carrier as opposed to a Destroyer. Nobody cares what the technical name is but the point is it is not a Destroyer. This becomes another fail argument. Nobody cares.

Just shows that rjdiapers70 really didn’t do any homework in forensics.

and now this:

1. Spanking shows that “stronger” is right. When you use physical punishment to show a child he/she did something wrong, you are sending the unintended message that whomever is bigger and stronger decides what’s right and what’s wrong. Does this mean your child can determine what’s right when he or she becomes stronger than you? Could this contribute to why elder abuse is so prevalent?

• '12

I see nothing much has changed in my months of absence.    It is a pretty neat ship.  It’s probably less of a carrier than the US amphibious support ships.  Remember, this US ship is NOT technically an AC….

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/lhx-specs.htm

• Don’t call it a Carrier or you will be flamed by rjdaipers70.

Or is that only if i call it a Carrier?

Only problem is it looks like a Carrier which is fact and nobody in interested in what it is technically.

• IL, you started this one. You showed up, without any evidence, and said, “It’s a carrier”. Then you started trolling anyone who disagreed. Just because it might have the same capabilities as a carrier doesn’t mean it’s primary function is as a destroyer. As for the whole “I’m going to piss you off because it entertains me” it just makes you look like an idiot and lowers everyone’s respect for you. So stop trying to be cool, and contribute to the conversation instead of bringing it down.

• Ah….this reminds me of old times.  We don’t need a Political section to get all crazy up in hurr.  8-)

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Gargantua:

What Japan needs is a galaxy class federation starship.

Most sensible thing that has been said here.

I was almost the third comment on this thread, but decided not to because I didn’t think it was going anywhere interesting. Boy was I wrong…  :roll:

• @LHoffman:

@Gargantua:

What Japan needs is a galaxy class federation starship.

Most sensible thing that has been said here.

I was almost the third comment on this thread, but decided not to because I didn’t think it was going anywhere interesting. Boy was I wrong…  :roll:

Maybe even a mecha?  A Coyote Tango?

• @rjpeters70:

Why the Japanese haven’t built Mecha’s by now is beyond me.

Or, at least a Mechagodzilla…

That’s funny. I got the “Monster Zero March” stuck in my head after looking at the Japanese navy ships in this thread.

• Thanks!

• IL, you started this one. You showed up, without any evidence, and said, “It’s a carrier”. Then you started trolling anyone who disagreed.

No that is not how it went. I posted this with a picture of the vessel.

This is not a destroyer.

Then Gargantua posted gibberish post after post in a rude and typical fashion of which said nothing to my point. It does not look like a Destroyer and nobody needs to take exception to that.

• Ok, so here’s the answer…  The design of it is a Helo Carrier that is primarily used for Submarine warfare (Koreans, Chinese, Russians in mind). In addition to that capability, it carriers the typical defensive weapons with CIWS, torpedoes, and an AEGIS like system.  It can also be used for troop transport.  This is not designed to replace it’s existing DD fleet.  This is more of a command ship, which the LCC 19 Blue Ridge and Mount Whitney (if she even leaves Gaeta, I have no idea) now serve as…just its 50 years upgraded from the Blue Ridge…or as we say in the Navy, late 1990’s technology!  :-D

• Thanks Mallery.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m