The Great War 1914-1918: Clash of Empires

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@TheVenocWarlord:

IL, I really like the map and basic ideas you have for your custom game, and I do appreciate you specialized units and rules.

However, I’m more of a fan of the “standard” Axis and Allies setup; say nothing more complicated than G40.

So, I was wondering if you would make an alternate setup or whatnot that just included the most basic of units? No special units or special rules (other than NOs) to each country? It would be appreciated too, though I understand if that’s not feasible. Maybe that could be done after the game is released.

~Venoc, still considering getting the game either way.

I actually did this a few years ago for IL’s old Great War rules and game. Not sure if I still have it. I’d only be willing to give it out if he says it’s okay. I’m sure some updates would be needed based on changes that occurred between then and the current production version.

• So, I was wondering if you would make an alternate setup or whatnot that just included the most basic of units? No special units or special rules (other than NOs) to each country? It would be appreciated too, though I understand if that’s not feasible. Maybe that could be done after the game is released.

Well the game does have two versions: Standard and Advanced.

Less units in Standard like no airships, or seaplane carrier, plus historical event sequence is only part of the advanced game.

The game is in the same complexity level as global, just in a different way.

We have both grognads and AA peeps to make happy so that’s why it has two versions.

• @Imperious:

So, I was wondering if you would make an alternate setup or whatnot that just included the most basic of units? No special units or special rules (other than NOs) to each country? It would be appreciated too, though I understand if that’s not feasible. Maybe that could be done after the game is released.

Well the game does have two versions: Standard and Advanced.

Less units in Standard like no airships, or seaplane carrier, plus historical event sequence is only part of the advanced game.

The game is in the same complexity level as global, just in a different way.

We have both grognads and AA peeps to make happy so that’s why it has two versions.

Oh, okay, I didn’t even notice that. Thanks for including that! Looking forward to the game! ^_^

Looking forward to the American Civil War version too! :D

Also, who are the grognads?

Variable, is there plans for an alternate set-up for G39 that does not use specialized units?

• I must have this game! How are we looking IL?

• This year late. Not sure the date exactly.

• @TheVenocWarlord:

Also, who are the grognads?

It’s a typo.  The correct word is grognard, a reference to the elite members of Napoleon’s Imperial Guard.

• Typo, but the reference is for hardcore wargamers

• Looks better with every update IL. Loving it can’t wait to buy.

• OK thank you.

• Customizer

What consistency of plastic is being used?  I’m a little worried about the German infantryman’s schwanzstucker breaking off in the heat of battle.

The entrenched German looks more like an Australian.

Is the fact that the French infantryman is firing his rifle copied from the A&A version or is this just an amazing coincidence?

• You will not have issues in that regard. I hate crappy Xeno type cheap plastic like the next guy

• Any new news, dates, pics…?  Still very excited

I don’t want to sound like a broken record, I asked this same question a while back. :D

• Me too, I am ready to pre-order as soon as I can IL.

• Sorry no new news. I will call the producer and report.

• Been a few weeks IL any news? I got 2 buddies I think who might want this one as well. Fall is right around the corner I know you said that wasn’t a for sure but heres to hoping.

• This is looking as a 2014 release after phone conference with all involved.

That is what i wanted anyway…August 1 2014 release…100th Anniversary of Great War.

The sculpts are mostly done with exception to how the fortified infantry will look and one other sculpt.

Map tweeks are coming. We just take out time to make it perfect. No pressure.

• Thanks for the info. I don’t want to have to wait but if we do and its done right. I can wait. Keep the info coming IL. I love seeing the pieces and map looks really cool.

• Customizer

IL,

––That sounds good and I’ll keep this EXCELENT game on my radar.

“Tall Paul”

• Hey IL, is there any way you could possibly do a monthly update on this game? I know that I personally am always checking this thread to look for new information. I would guess that I am not the only individual doing this. :D I think that a monthly update would be awesome even if there is nothing new to say….just to keep us informed.

• Ok the game will have at least 700 sculpts, and probably 750 'ish

It will most likely be ready in Spring.

The producer is going to China to finalize everything as all the sculpts are done and map is being reworked yet again. We are perfectionists and never satisfied.

Producer says pieces in at least 12 colors will be available BEFORE the game comes out. Personally, i want the game to sell first and pieces sold latter, but that’s what he wants, so it is.

The game has 9 colors of sculpts including neutrals.

That’s all i got now.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m