Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• Who was the attacker?If Germany,I think the trn and fighter could retreat.

• Apparently Russia was the attacker

You don’t have to submerge your submarine as soon as the German warships are destroyed.  Indeed, there is no reason to submerge from the plane which can’t target you anyway.  The submarine sinks the transport with impunity.

Note also that the submarine is not allowed to retreat (not to be confused with submerging - I mean retreating as in moving back to a different sea zone) after sinking the last German warship, because there are no enemy units with attack value that can target the sub.  So given that the Russian player chose the cruiser as a casualty, the only possible result is the transport is sunk and the sub remains in that sea zone - fighter returns from whence it came.

• How do I go about finding an opponent to have a casual game of g40 with on the forum? (Via triplea)

• '17

@Procas:

How do I go about finding an opponent to have a casual game of g40 with on the forum? (Via triplea)

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=7165.300
    This thread is sort of a general find opponent thread for all games (unfortunately it doesn’t seem very popular)

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=34751.75
    This thread is for finding G40 league opponents (players vary in their level of “casualness” in the league, but you’ll find a forum game fastest this way). You don’t need to apply to join or anything, it’s an open system. A default league game requires a turn to be posted within 3 days, but you can make it a longer duration if your opponent agrees.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=40.0
    Or you could start your own thread under Play Boardgames and make the title something like “Looking for a G40 Forum Game”

If you can’t find anyone in three days, then I’ll play you if you’d like (I have a lot of open games right now, so I can’t guarantee any particular speed).

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Yesterday in a game of Global 1940 2nd Edition (1942 scenario) the British strafed Iraq on UK1 to weaken it so the Russians would have an easier time of taking it on R2.  The question came up as to the political status of Iraq as far as could Italian aircraft now land in Iraq since it had been attacked.  The rules (below) seem to be unclear since at first they say that Iraq “immediately becomes part of the alliance opposing the power that attacked it” and then say that “the territory remains uncontrolled” and is treated like a friendly neutral.

Our take was that if it is still “uncontrolled” then Italian aircraft cannot land there.  We also tested it on TripleA and TripleA would not allow us to land planes there so we agreed that for that one game we would rule they could not but since we know TripleA is not always correct we wanted an official answer for future games.

Thank you in advance for answering our question.

From the Global 1940 Second Edition Rules:
    _When a neutral territory is invaded, it is no longer considered neutral and immediately becomes part of the alliance opposing the power that attacked it.

If the attack upon the formerly neutral territory is unsuccessful (the territory is not captured), any remaining defending units stay in the territory but cannot move. The territory remains uncontrolled (place a national control marker on it face down to indicate its new status), but units from the side it is now allied with can move into it and take control of it and its remaining units in the same way as if it were a friendly neutral._

• '12

The axis planes can land.  This is a triplea error.

• Official Q&A

Boldfresh is correct.

Iraq is now on the Axis side and is therefore considered friendly to all Axis powers.  Any Axis units may move into or through it, but only land units may take control of it.  The rule says only that it can be taken control of in the same way as if it were a friendly neutral, not that it is a friendly neutral.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Thank you for your prompt response.

• Andrew - If you haven’t already, you should look over the Triple A game notes where most of the rule book items that Triple A does not apply, are listed

Help -> Game notes    (in Triple A)

• Don’t want to say ‘I told you so’…

• Sponsor

During round 2, Italy declares war on Russia and attacks Bessarabia. During round 3, Germany moves units into Italy controlled Bessarabia, but has not yet declared war on Russia (therefore collecting 5 IPCs for trade with Russia NO). So on turn 3, can the Soviet Union declare war on Germany and attack Bessarabia which has both Italian and German units on it?

• YG: yes.
    Russia can DW on Germany,  once at war with Italy.
    Then it can Attack Bessarabia, which contains units from both sides.

• Sponsor

@wittmann:

YG: yes.
    Russia can DW on Germany,  once at war with Italy.
    Then it can Attack Bessarabia, which contains units from both sides.

Thanks Wittmann!

• Sponsor

…and if Germany moves into Italy controlled Bessarabia, is that considered a DOW on the Soviet Union, or can the Germans collect their NO peace with Russia bonus at the end of their turn?

…also, does the Soviet Union and United States enter the war when London is attacked, or when London in taken?

• When London is captured.

No. Germany does not need to DW, so can collect the 5 NO for Trade with  Russia.

On its turn, Russia should DW, then that NO stops,; they can attack German held territories (as well as Italian) and can collect its NO, if neither Germany nor Italy has a Warship in SZ125. (The other stipulations on this NO need to be in place too, of course.)

• Sponsor

@wittmann:

When London is captured.

No. Germany does not need to DW, so can collect the 5 NO for Trade with  Russia.

On its turn, Russia should DW, then that NO stops,; they can attack German held territories (as well as Italian) and can collect its NO, if neither Germany nor Italy has a Warship in SZ125. (The other stipulations on this NO need to be in place too, of course.)

thanks

• Hi we have a problem :)

USA had 10 battleships und start an amphibian assault with 1 man against 10 .  I think i read somewhere that in this faq only as much battleships can fire as inf. attacks, but if you read only the rules there is no restriction on it,  or is it correct that  usa fire 10 battleships and one inf. and the attacked country can only kill the one inf. that landed?

• Hi Surfnrat.
    You my get one Bombardment, if only one ground unit is assaulting amphibiously.
    If the defending Inf hits, it hits the ground unit. Never a Battleship.

• Official Q&A

@surfnrat:

I think i read somewhere that in this faq only as much battleships can fire as inf. attacks, but if you read only the rules there is no restriction on it

Europe Rulebook, page 18:

The number of ships that can make bombardment attacks is limited to 1 ship per land unit being offloaded from the transports in that coastal territory.

• Sponsor

When Soviet Union is at war, can they move 1 tank during the non-combat phase through northwest Persia into Persia and claim both territories? I thought I read here somewhere that it was possible because Northwest Pesria has no standing army to block the tank and thereby forcing it to stop.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m