Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• @Imperious:

Exactly as i knew, but i listened to him and didn’t make the attack.

That’s probably best for you anyway, unless that UK fighter was going to do something particularly important that turn.  :-)

• Ok thanks.

• Can UK and Anzac prevent Japan from loading their transports in combat move if UK moves a warship into a seazone (in this case z36) and Anzac declear war on them.

• @ErwinRommel:

Can UK and Anzac prevent Japan from loading their transports in combat move if UK moves a warship into a seazone (in this case z36) and Anzac declear war on them.

yes.  dirty tricks.

• yes.  dirty tricks.

Dirty is the way allies play :) Soviet pirate income from Somaliland, YARRR!

• @kcdzim:

@ErwinRommel:

Can UK and Anzac prevent Japan from loading their transports in combat move if UK moves a warship into a seazone (in this case z36) and Anzac declear war on them.

yes.  dirty tricks.

That’s awesome, I’ll have to remember it LOL. Any delay of Japan getting to the money islands will help.

• Well, the trick is, it does constitute an unprovoked attack, and UK will not get the NO, and it costs you a destroyer, but if your opponent is unsuspecting it can be very effective, yes.

• If russia non-combat into an american controlled korea, does this affect the mongolia rule?

• '12

@ghr2:

If russia non-combat into an american controlled korea, does this affect the mongolia rule?

negative ghostrider

• '13

the pattern is full

• How is damage calculated when doing an SBR on a major IC?
    I know each surviving bomber gets to roll a dice, but sometimes I see a 7 or 8 for a dice. Why is that?

• '14

@captain:

How is damage calculated when doing an SBR on a major IC?
    I know each surviving bomber gets to roll a dice, but sometimes I see a 7 or 8 for a dice. Why is that?

Strategic Bombers each inflict one die plus two (1d6+2) points of damage.
    If you roll a 5, that’s 7. If you roll a 6, that’s 8.

• thanks for clarifying that!

• Does a Japanese SBR on a Russian air base built in Amur activate the Mongolians?

• @ChocolatePancake:

Does a Japanese SBR on a Russian air base built in Amur activate the Mongolians?

Yes.

“Also, if Japan attacks any Soviet-controlled territory that is adjacent to any Mongolian territory…”

SBR is an attack.

• '14

@cond1024:

How would this scenario play out?  3 UK inf and 3UK art are loaded on three US transports attacking western germany from SZ 112, (UK’s turn) with a large US navy in the same sea zone and no UK navy or air.  Germany scrambles to defend the sea zone but my question is are the German air able to sink US transports? If so that seems a little strange that the America navy would sit by while one of their transports are sinking.  Also since it is an American transport on UKs turn it can’t retreat so what happens?

I would play it as, the UK has to sit on the US ships until they receive their own orders to attack. The ships they are offloading from are still manned, and there for would still be able to defend. And besides, you CAN’T single out or choose who you are attacking in a country/territory/SZ, you attack the whole space and everything in it. If the SZ that they are offloading from is loaded with friendly ships, they still get to defend the space. Its that way in every other case in the game. Friendly powers occupying the same space can defend at the same time, but can only attack during their own individual turns. Also in the case of an ACC with two Friendly planes on it (all 3 can defend that SZ, ACC and the 2 friendly planes, but the friendly planes can only attack on their own turn and with out being able to move the ACC that they took off from).

• UK is the attacker in this scenerio.Rules don’t allow a friendly power to participate in your attack.That’s what I think.

• @ampdrive:

UK is the attacker in this scenerio.Rules don’t allow a friendly power to participate in your attack.That’s what I think.

Right.  The fleet is not defending against a scramble, the scramble is the defense against the attack.

In this scenario, if Germany scrambles then the attack is not allowed.  No ships are sunk, no dice are rolled, no combat takes place.

• Interesting.
    Makes me think of other questions.
    #1 If UK is also using other land based units to attack,do the air units that were scrambled(were they actually scrambled if the attack is cancelled?)get to defend?

#2 What if UK has air units on friendly carriers .Can Uk use those units to protect the trannies?

• @ampdrive:

Interesting.
    Makes me think of other questions.
    #1 If UK is also using other land based units to attack,do the air units that were scrambled(were they actually scrambled if the attack is cancelled?)get to defend?

Air units that are scrambled can NOT defend against the land units of the amphibious assault.  Likewise, air units that intercept an SBR cannot scramble or defend against land attack.  They can only be involved in 1 battle.

#2 What if UK has air units on friendly carriers .Can Uk use those units to protect the trannies?

Absolutely.  those UK air units can take off the carriers and fight scrambled aircraft and/or hostile warships that are now in the zone.

Guest fighters are only stuck on the allied carriers when it is that ally’s turn and that ally is moving/attacking.
    But when the power owning the fighters has their turn, those fighters can be used freely in combat move/combat.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m