HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Variable:

HBG must address all these issues at once while keeping up production of current product offerings. This is like landing a plane on a carrier! Trying to hit a moving target takes a lot of forethought and skill. You see us showing you bits and pieces of many 3d models over many sets. We’re not just haphazardly choosing these. Different 3d modelers work at different speeds. Some models are more complex than others, etc. We must have 3 or 4 “irons in the fire” in order to keep up with customer demands. It takes longer than a month to plan and execute a compete set of pieces. What you are seeing is a glimpse of what is to come over the next 6 months or so.

Doug (Coach) has taken pain-staking care to plan out each and every set we currently want to do. But giving out all of our “secret sauce” is suicide. So we show things we think you will like or things we need help deciding on to gauge reaction and modify the plan accordingly.

You know we listen. Just keep giving good positive constructive feedback, and we will know what to make. Keep buying the sets we make and we can afford to keep making more! Thank you all for your valued concern and tons of research, help, ideas, and support that continues to allow us to build your dream.

I imagined as much, but your response is good enough for me. I, for one, will continue to be around.

Don’t commit suicide on me.

• +1

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Give us 10-14 Days to show you the current sets that are being worked on as well as Games that are also in line to be made. We all are very busy trying to gear up for Gencon and finish up Amerika as well as several other games, maps, sculpts, sets, ideas, etc. We appreciate all the excitement in the sets and pieces and HBG has spent much money and time to hopefully bring us up to the next level.

For the ones who attend Gencon, you will be able to see a sneak Peek at some other games and sculpts we are working on.

If it seems that we are all over the board is because we are, we are trying so many things and hope that our Customers jump on board.

We will have the new games show up on BGG as well as our website and also show the sets in line to produce.

• @coachofmany:

Give us 10-14 Days to show you the current sets that are being worked on as well as Games that are also in line to be made.

Looking forward to your next emailed Historical Board Gaming Update to make sure I haven’t missed anything brand-new in your lineup of products that are available for pre-order (or better yet for actual ordering).  The latest ones I’m aware of are the WW2 Japan Supplement Set and the WW2 Japan Expansion Set, both currently at the pre-order stage.  Thanks for all the goodies currently in development!

• Coach and Variable,

A well thought out response, I like it, you have my support.
    Your sets are steering me away from GHQ and Skytrex, just keep producing units and I will buy them.

WARRIOR888

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@WARRIOR888:

Coach and Variable,

A well thought out response, I like it, you have my support.
    Your sets are steering me away from GHQ and Skytrex, just keep producing units and I will buy them.

WARRIOR888

This is why I enjoy working late nights… 8-)

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Love all the new pieces that are coming, a little request for later, the C-47, we’ll make do with the C-46 for now but really want the C-47

Oh yes… what we have all been waiting for! Say hello!

ENTERPRISE!

My life is now complete. If HBG makes nothing else, I have been eternally satisfied.  :mrgreen:

I asked a question a while back about the methods for designing/producing the pieces which Variable answered very well. But while looking at the preview pictures for the Japanese Supplemental Set I got to wondering again:

What would be the possibility of adding a very neutral, bland color option for every set? Such as the washed out olive in the Japanese pictures or a cream color like the halftrack and German previews.

This option would be more for all us painters out there. I am sure most people will not choose a purely nondescript color. As I said before, ultimately it is not of great importance, especially if I am the only one asking for it. I did not know if the coloring process was easier and cheaper with the 3-D printing method, as opposed to the old injection style. I assume the prototypes in the pictures were produced with the printer? Because they look great if they were. For some reason, I always wished the pieces I got looked exactly like the prototypes in the pictures (color-wise).

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-Battle-Pieces–WW2-Japan-Supplement-Set_p_729.html

@LHoffman:

I asked a question a while back about the methods for designing/producing the pieces which Variable answered very well. But while looking at the preview pictures for the Japanese Supplemental Set I got to wondering again:

What would be the possibility of adding a very neutral, bland color option for every set? Such as the washed out olive in the Japanese pictures or a cream color like the halftrack and German previews.

This option would be more for all us painters out there. I am sure most people will not choose a purely nondescript color. As I said before, ultimately it is not of great importance, especially if I am the only one asking for it. I did not know if the coloring process was easier and cheaper with the 3-D printing method, as opposed to the old injection style. I assume the prototypes in the pictures were produced with the printer? Because they look great if they were. For some reason, I always wished the pieces I got looked exactly like the prototypes in the pictures (color-wise).

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-Battle-Pieces–WW2-Japan-Supplement-Set_p_729.html

What about the color white for painters?

@coachofmany:

That would probably be acceptable. White might actually be the best for painting. I still really like the ivory or off-green, but like I said, ultimately, it will not matter because they will be painted.

White would be very good as a universal option. Don’t do it just for me though. I want this to be something that is either painless to implement or of great demand.

@LHoffman:

@coachofmany:

That would probably be acceptable. White might actually be the best for painting. I still really like the ivory or off-green, but like I said, ultimately, it will not matter because they will be painted.

White would be very good as a universal option. Don’t do it just for me though. I want this to be something that is either painless to implement or of great demand.

It is no doubt that the lighter colors are easier to prime and paint. I would think that the Rose or yellow color in the Japanese set would work best for painting, is this not a good choice?

@coachofmany:

@LHoffman:

@coachofmany:

It is no doubt that the lighter colors are easier to prime and paint. I would think that the Rose or yellow color in the Japanese set would work best for painting, is this not a good choice?

Yes, either of those would be good also. If it is easier to use a color that you have already mixed or ordered for other sets, then do that. Makes your life a bit easier. Not sure which of the two would be best… your call. And thanks for the consideration Coach, even if it doesn’t pan out.

• Customizer

@LHoffman:

Oh yes… what we have all been waiting for! Say hello!

ENTERPRISE!

A new US Supplement set in the works?

• @coachofmany:

Give us 10-14 Days to show you the current sets that are being worked on as well as Games that are also in line to be made. We all are very busy trying to gear up for Gencon and finish up Amerika as well as several other games, maps, sculpts, sets, ideas, etc. We appreciate all the excitement in the sets and pieces and HBG has spent much money and time to hopefully bring us up to the next level.

For the ones who attend Gencon, you will be able to see a sneak Peek at some other games and sculpts we are working on.

If it seems that we are all over the board is because we are, we are trying so many things and hope that our Customers jump on board.

We will have the new games show up on BGG as well as our website and also show the sets in line to produce.

I’m sorry if this has been asked and answered somewhere else.  I haven’t seen it.  Where at GenCon will you be setting up?  Will it be in the A&A ballroom?  A&A HQ?  Or will you be in the exhibitor hall?  I’ll be at GenCon Wednesday through Sunday, so I definitely want to see what you have and the sneak peaks you have to share!

Here’s a breakdown of how to find us at GenCon:

Amerika will be in Hall E, Blue 28-29 Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Midway will be in Hall E, Blue 3 on Friday and Blue 1 on Sunday.

Barbarossa will be Hall E, Blue 4 on Friday and Blue 11 on Saturday.

To get a complete listing of all of our dates, times, and locations, go to the “Find Events” search on the GenCon page and search by group/company. We are #215 on the list.

SHIPPING DELAYS DUE TO SEVERE WEATHER!!!
    Please allow some additional time to receive your orders right now. A severe storm in Central USA has knocked out all power to HBG. You will receive orders as soon as possible. Thank you!

@Variable:

SHIPPING DELAYS DUE TO SEVERE WEATHER!!!
    Please allow some additional time to receive your orders right now. A severe storm in Central USA has knocked out all power to HBG. You will receive orders as soon as possible. Thank you!

We got power back this afternoon, so I am working as hard as I can!

• Finally got around to placing an order for some new pieces from HBG.  Thanks, HGB!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m