HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Yavid:

I’m waiting for the French set in the purple. It’s being done in the same purple, right?

Yes it is.

• What? in Purple? why?

Blue and light blue right?

• @CWO:

I’ve just noticed that HBG’s battle pieces index page has been given an improved look.  In addition to the three traditional “In Production” / “Design Stage” / “Wish List” category pictures, it now also shows 12 national roundels which can be clicked to bring you to a particular national subcategory.Â

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Battle-Pieces_c_14.html

everytime I check out HBG i check out the wish list section and :( there’s never anything there

• @Imperious:

What? in Purple? why?
    Blue and light blue right?

The French set will be blue, but it will also come in a purple variant (as did the maroon Russian set) for use as Spanish Civil War units.  The Spanish Republican roundel has a purple dot at the centre.  The French and Russians both sent volunteer units to fight in the war in the International Brigades on the Republican side.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Yavid:

@CWO:

I’ve just noticed that HBG’s battle pieces index page has been given an improved look.�  In addition to the three traditional “In Production” / “Design Stage” / “Wish List” category pictures, it now also shows 12 national roundels which can be clicked to bring you to a particular national subcategory.�

everytime I check out HBG i check out the wish list section and :( there’s never anything there

What would like to wish for?

• @Variable:

Speaking for myself, the answer (given that the French set – the set I’m most eager to see – is already being designed) would be: an all-infantry ANZAC set to replace the troop sculpts we got in Pacific 1940(2), with their excessive height, too-large base diameter and unsatisfactory hats.

• Customizer

I have two things on my wishlist:

1. Ability to purchase individual units from the Russian set. I want more katyushas!
    2. A release date for the Japanese set. I’m itching to fix the paint jobs on my Japanese units who were my first paint job, and look horrific in comparison to my newest units and would like to incorporate your awesome upgrades.

• @Variable:

@Yavid:

@CWO:

I’ve just noticed that HBG’s battle pieces index page has been given an improved look.�  In addition to the three traditional “In Production” / “Design Stage” / “Wish List” category pictures, it now also shows 12 national roundels which can be clicked to bring you to a particular national subcategory.�Â

First $1 million in unmarked bills… a 1967 shelby mustang (Ellenor)… I have the hot blonde so moving away from that… oh and to be a rock star (insert song here)

Seeing as I doubt I’ll get those. How about a little grey capital markers, kick ass little Kermlin and Riechstag. A UK set with a two engine bomber, a US set with the long tom artillery, French pieces that are well French, a KV-1 piece, oh and can you guys offer a Neutral set that has 12 white inf., 4 ivory inf., 3 little grey inf. and 4 orange inf. and finally a ANZAC set. After all that and my head stops spinning from all the cool little army men I have time to think of what’s missing from there.

oh and a machine with the abilitie to fast forward and rewind time.

or am I asking to much?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Yavid:

or am I asking to much?

No. You did not ask anyone to be brought back from the dead, or to fall in love. You got the girl, that is the tricky part.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

EPIC RED JAPS!

@Gargantua:

EPIC RED JAPS!

Aw, Hell no!

• Id like to see “Milton Bradley” mustard yellow for Japan. Same exact color.

Second choice is some sort of mustard brown.

@LHoffman:

@Gargantua:

EPIC RED JAPS!

Aw, Hell no!

WTH? The Bright RED was the best!  All I need is the new pieces in the same colour, tacs, cruisers, etc.

@Gargantua:

@LHoffman:

@Gargantua:

EPIC RED JAPS!

Aw, Hell no!

WTH? The Bright RED was the best!  All I need is the new pieces in the same colour, tacs, cruisers, etc.

No it was not. It was so loud, to the point of being obnoxious.

I like the burnt orange… or mustard yellow, that does sound okay too.

• OOB Japan color goes without saying.

• I for one am eagerly looking forward to the 1984 MB yellow Japanese!!  I love that color!

• Customizer

One of the colors he is offering with the Japan sets is called “yellow-gold” which he uses for Thai or Veteran units in his painted armies. I took a look and it is really close to the MB color. I think it looks pretty cool. I’ll probably end up getting multiple sets in both the yellow-gold and burnt orange.
    As for the red pieces, I’m not so sure about them. Just not sure what I would use them for since I don’t have any of the red pieces from the original Pacific game anymore. I’ll probably just get one set of each Japan set in red just for collectible purposes, like I did with the red and plum Russians.

to the point of being obnoxious.

Hoffman, that’s EXACTLY the point.  We’re talking about MY preference here, come on. :P

At the same time, I have similar tastes with my German army… you have to see it to believe it.  Perhaps I’ll take some pictures tonight. :)

@Gargantua:

to the point of being obnoxious.

Hoffman, that’s EXACTLY the point.�  We’re talking about MY preference here, come on. :P

Haha… okay, you got me there.  :lol:

@Gargantua:

At the same time, I have similar tastes with my German army… you have to see it to believe it.�  Perhaps I’ll take some pictures tonight. :)

I can only imagine…

Hot pink?

• Hi Coach, and Variable,

I noticed in an old thread that you had a hard time getting FMG’s color codes for his pieces, and I’m wondering if you might share publicly the color hex triplets for the colors you use.

I’ll not end up producing my own plastic pieces (wish I could - would start ca.1895), but I’d like the ability to produce my own print graphics in matching colors.

By the way, why did no one ever consider producing German pieces in a Prussian Blue variant?

If you can, thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m