HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Customizer

Hey Everyone,
    I got my new Russian pieces from HBG yesterday. They look fantastic. Coach did an excellent job matching colors to both the current maroon OOB Soviet pieces and the burgandy OOB pieces from Europe (1999). The colors are darn near identical. Coach’s pieces have a little duller look because he uses a slightly softer plastic than WOTC, but otherwise they blend together great. I’m looking forward to putting his new pieces to work with my current pieces.

I’m wondering, since these are “early war” units for Russia, if they should have slightly lower combat values than the current pieces. Or perhaps there should be a rule that Russia has to start with these units until the European Axis declare war on the Soviet Union. That would make a good representation of the initial success of Barbarossa. Part of the reason that Germany did so well at first was that most of the Soviet weapons were obsolete. The Germans didn’t start running into better Soviet equipment (like the T-34), at least in large quantities, until the winter of '41-'42 when the German advance litereally froze in place and the Russians launched big counter-attacks.

I’m going to try and get a few pictures of them in the next couple of days and post them here.

• Customizer

Mine are in the mail and I can’t wait to get them. I painted abou 30 Soviet infantry and I run out in set up in anniversary. We don’t like to use chips if we don’t have to. Really looking forward to the katyushas.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Here are a couple of pics I took next to the OOB pieces.

549535_422185814484312_312714208_n.jpg
    484135_422185834484310_1582033159_n.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Variable:

Here are a couple of pics I took next to the OOB pieces.

Awesome. Thanks Variable.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Those Katyusha’s are bad ass!

• I’ve been waiting since Classic to have Katyushas Thank you HBG

• Customizer

Here’s a couple of pics.
    First, OMG! Look at the MASSIVE Red Army! Regular units and Guards.
    Next is all four colors available. I find the Plum interesting. Kind of makes me wish I played a Spanish Civil War varient just so I could use them.

Full Sets.JPG
    All 4 colors.JPG

• @knp7765:

First, OMG! Look at the MASSIVE Red Army!

My goodness.  This lets me imagine how the Germans at Stalingrad must have felt when they saw the Russian armies surrounding the city.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

very Nice!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

That Purple is freaking me out…

• I’m waiting for the French set in the purple. It’s being done in the same purple, right?

• I’ve just noticed that HBG’s battle pieces index page has been given an improved look.  In addition to the three traditional “In Production” / “Design Stage” / “Wish List” category pictures, it now also shows 12 national roundels which can be clicked to bring you to a particular national subcategory.

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Battle-Pieces_c_14.html

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Yavid:

I’m waiting for the French set in the purple. It’s being done in the same purple, right?

Yes it is.

• What? in Purple? why?

Blue and light blue right?

• @CWO:

I’ve just noticed that HBG’s battle pieces index page has been given an improved look.  In addition to the three traditional “In Production” / “Design Stage” / “Wish List” category pictures, it now also shows 12 national roundels which can be clicked to bring you to a particular national subcategory.Â

everytime I check out HBG i check out the wish list section and :( there’s never anything there

• @Imperious:

What? in Purple? why?
    Blue and light blue right?

The French set will be blue, but it will also come in a purple variant (as did the maroon Russian set) for use as Spanish Civil War units.  The Spanish Republican roundel has a purple dot at the centre.  The French and Russians both sent volunteer units to fight in the war in the International Brigades on the Republican side.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Yavid:

@CWO:

I’ve just noticed that HBG’s battle pieces index page has been given an improved look.�  In addition to the three traditional “In Production” / “Design Stage” / “Wish List” category pictures, it now also shows 12 national roundels which can be clicked to bring you to a particular national subcategory.�

everytime I check out HBG i check out the wish list section and :( there’s never anything there

What would like to wish for?

• @Variable:

Speaking for myself, the answer (given that the French set – the set I’m most eager to see – is already being designed) would be: an all-infantry ANZAC set to replace the troop sculpts we got in Pacific 1940(2), with their excessive height, too-large base diameter and unsatisfactory hats.

• Customizer

I have two things on my wishlist:

1. Ability to purchase individual units from the Russian set. I want more katyushas!
    2. A release date for the Japanese set. I’m itching to fix the paint jobs on my Japanese units who were my first paint job, and look horrific in comparison to my newest units and would like to incorporate your awesome upgrades.

• @Variable:

@Yavid:

@CWO:

I’ve just noticed that HBG’s battle pieces index page has been given an improved look.�  In addition to the three traditional “In Production” / “Design Stage” / “Wish List” category pictures, it now also shows 12 national roundels which can be clicked to bring you to a particular national subcategory.�Â

First $1 million in unmarked bills… a 1967 shelby mustang (Ellenor)… I have the hot blonde so moving away from that… oh and to be a rock star (insert song here)

Seeing as I doubt I’ll get those. How about a little grey capital markers, kick ass little Kermlin and Riechstag. A UK set with a two engine bomber, a US set with the long tom artillery, French pieces that are well French, a KV-1 piece, oh and can you guys offer a Neutral set that has 12 white inf., 4 ivory inf., 3 little grey inf. and 4 orange inf. and finally a ANZAC set. After all that and my head stops spinning from all the cool little army men I have time to think of what’s missing from there.

oh and a machine with the abilitie to fast forward and rewind time.

or am I asking to much?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m