• @Azrael:

What a great epic thought provoking movie it and TDK I would rank as much better then the first one which was kinda boring.  If you follow whats going on in the world you will be able to relate to this one better.

What does Ernie Els winning the British Open and Batman have in common?

• @Mallery29:

@Azrael:

What a great epic thought provoking movie it and TDK I would rank as much better then the first one which was kinda boring.�  If you follow whats going on in the world you will be able to relate to this one better.

What does Ernie Els winning the British Open and Batman have in common?

I mean with things that are relevant not some old guy putting a ball lol, the arab spring, occupy wallstreet tieing into things that are shaping the world around you.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Yep - for sure, and the validity of conceal/carry permits, and fire-arms training being mandatory for every citizen in a country.

Make it a school course.  Kindergarten or Elementry level.  Better teach safety early! :P

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Too bad citizens were not allowed to take their concealed carry into the theater.

Funny, no not funny… rather ironic that law didn’t stop the guy who actually wated to kill people from bringing his… and using it.

Fewer people may have died if there were a couple more guns present. Interesting how that math works out.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Good movie by the way. Not as excellent as I was anticipating, but there were also a number of turns I was not expecting.

I rate 7.5/10 overall.

• yeah, didn’t you see that 71 year old in Florida at the internet cafe?   He got those bastards!

• I don’t think I could have gone higher than a 6.

• 2007 AAR League

@LHoffman:

Too bad citizens were not allowed to take their concealed carry into the theater.

Funny, no not funny… rather ironic that law didn’t stop the guy who actually wated to kill people from bringing his… and using it.

Actually, what’s more ironic is that the people who complain that the law didn’t stop the guy are the same people who complain that the law is OVERLY restrictive and fight to prevent it from actually being effective.

Fewer people may have died if there were a couple more guns present. Interesting how that math works out.

Right, right. Because a running gun battle in a crowded theater couldn’t possibly have caused more casualties than there actually were. Interesting how hypothetical math always seems to work out to the exact conclusion that you were hoping to reach.

Politics? Gents, please. :-)

GG

• Gentlemen! There is no fighting in the war room!

Now that’s a great movie!

@U-505:

@LHoffman:

Actually, what’s more ironic is that the people who complain that the law didn’t stop the guy are the same people who complain that the law is OVERLY restrictive and fight to prevent it from actually being effective.

Right, right. Because a running gun battle in a crowded theater couldn’t possibly have caused more casualties than there actually were. Interesting how hypothetical math always seems to work out to the exact conclusion that you were hoping to reach.

This isn’t politcs, it’s the Batman movie, so the door is wide open GG. It’s current events! :D

Here’s a FACT to ponder U-505, how many of those 12 dead folks, or the other 59 injured, who if now given a choice, would have liked to excercise thier constitutional right to bear arms at the time, and shoot back??

Unless you are proposing the abolition of the constituition? Like Bane did in the Movie? WOW, imagine if America just imploded it’s constituion everytime some whack-job waved a gun around. We wouldn’t be playing Axis and Allies.

• Customizer

In case you didn’t notice Garg, the constitution Was tossed out the window a few years back. Remeber the Patriot Act?

• Customizer

As to the movie, it was really good. TDK was better and so was the Avengers.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Cromwell_Dude:

Ouch. Not good for me. I fell asleep during the first one. Please tell that the Catwoman is not too cheesy?

NO, I think she was quite refined actually.  A lady trapped in a criminal element.  Very nice touch.

The first one sucked…sorry, but after being inflicted with it over 30 times in a 4 week time frame, ANY movie would suck!  (It was great the first time I saw it though.)

• 2007 AAR League

@Guerrilla:

Politics? Gents, please. :-)

GG

I agree with Garg to an extent here. I think it is less about gun-control politics and more about vigilante justice, which is the foundation of the Dark Knight’s ideology, so it fits in nicely with the topic of Batman.

@Gargantua:

Here’s a FACT to ponder U-505, how many of those 12 dead folks, or the other 59 injured, who if now given a choice, would have liked to excercise thier constitutional right to bear arms at the time, and shoot back??

Well it’s not really a FACT so much as a hypothetical question, but I think, if given the choice, I’m pretty sure they would much rather have exercised their constitutional right to see a different movie than take a handgun and face off with a psychopath wearing body armor and wielding assault weaponry.

Unless you are proposing the abolition of the constituition? Like Bane did in the Movie? WOW, imagine if America just imploded it’s constituion everytime some whack-job waved a gun around. We wouldn’t be playing Axis and Allies.

Do me a favor and look up the word “hyperbole” and try to see how it applies to the above statement. And, for the record, I’d still play Axis and Allies.

• AVENGERS!

• Has anyone contrasted the Gotham of Batman to our modern society ?

In modern society we are more of a wild west movie perception White, Black , Gray, Good vs Evil , + damsels + grunts + mercernaries… paradigm where the bad guys are mostly the same and all use the same guns.  The bad guys in our normal society know they are bad.

In Batman , yeah sure we see the bad guys as bad, BUT , the bad guys do not see themselves as evil.  They are bringing their

BRAND   <<<<<<<<<

to the city of Gotham.

The bad guys all have some colorful outfit and recruit henchmen to their growing teams.

Batman also has his own dual brand.  He rarely recruits, but he usually seeks alliances.

Commisioner Gordon has a brand that is weak and pales in comparison to Batman and Villians portrayed in the comics.

The police have NO BRAND.  The comic portrays them as generic nobodies.

Sometimes a pretty girl will be Branded as the damsel in distress. who occasionally wins the heart of Bruce Wayne.  The comic will not stress the damsel brand.  Her presence gives Batman a connection to humanity.

All the other folks are mostly generic, or not a brand that the comic book notes as worth much mention.

Main point :
    The bad guys see themselves as a BRAND to be proud of , rather than taking our view that they are just evil.

@Most:

In case you didn’t notice Garg, the constitution Was tossed out the window a few years back. Remeber the Patriot Act?

NO FRAKKING POLITICS!  I dont care who did what to whom, if it’s political, it’s banned on these forums!

That goes for you too, Linkon.  I know there are some people who want to portray the latest Batman movie to real life, but we cannot discuss such things on these forums.  If you want to talk about how cool it was when the police charged the criminals - great.  If you want to talk about the twists and turns in the movie, neat.

NO POLITICS.

The bad guys see themselves as a BRAND to be proud of , rather than taking our view that they are just evil.

WoW!

Of course… I have no experience with that kind of thing. :P

Says Gargantua - the AA.org mascott (which I say in a good way)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m