• I’m really looking forward to the new sculpts myself….especially the Japanese.  In fact, the opportunity to get ahold of them is the main reason I’ve ordered it!

• The only reason I’m buying it is the new scupts.

• Yea like 90% of the games buyers… :-D

• Customizer

Yeah, I’m mostly in it for the new sculpts too, but I do want to check out the game itself a couple of times or so. I had a couple of people at work express some interest in my A&A games back when I showed off my FMG Italian pieces (couldn’t help myself). I know these people would NOT be willing to sit down to a game of Global 40. Way too long and too complex. However a much simpler game like 1941 might just get them to the gaming table. It would be nice to see some new faces, especially since one of them is a chick!

• the great white buffalo….

• Hmmm, Amazon says they’re in stock and ready to order. I bought one yesterday, thinking they would realize the error and cancel the order. Instead, they notified me this morning that it has shipped.

I can’t post links, but it’s item number B0084M8UEO.

• Customizer

Amazon says the release date was July 1st. It’s eligible for prime shipping. Interestingly enough a 3rd party is also selling the game and there ad says its still on preorder.

• Customizer

I just went to Amazon.com myself and found it. The pre-order version still has a date of July 27 and costs $23.99. The other one costs a bit more, $29.99, and you can order it right now. I ordered a copy and chose “1 day shipping” and it says I should get it by tomorrow, July 6. Probably will be sometime in the afternoon. If it comes UPS, they don’t come around my neighborhood until 3PM or later. Same with USPS. Not sure about FeDex, I don’t get many packages from them. I don’t know which service Amazon will use. I will sure be anxious until it gets here.

By the way, sure won’t be using that “1 day shipping” very often. That ran me $23.96, almost as much as the game itself! Whew!

I’ll let you guys know when it does get here and try to get some pics of the pieces next to our current pieces from the 1940 games.

• Yeah, overnight shipping is beaucoup $$. If you have Amazon prime, though, it’s only $4 per item, which isn’t too bad. I used to have Prime, but only when I got it free as a student. I do miss it though :-(

• Glad I saw this thread today.  Just ordered one with prime and next day shipping.  hope it really shows up tomorrow!!

• Customizer

Hey boboshonda,
    Judging by the time of your post, I think you will get it tomorrow too. When I ordered, Amazon said I had 7 hours to order with 1 day shipping to get it tomorrow. Your post was only 4 hours after mine so you should have had another 3 hours to go.
    That Amazon Prime seems to be pretty good for cutting shipping costs, but doesn’t it cost you a monthly fee? I seem to remember that it does and I just don’t buy from Amazon often enough to make it worth my while. I tried the free trial period and had a heck of a time getting them to cancel it before they started charging me. That’s why I rarely do the free trials for anything.
    By the way, I got my e-mail from Amazon. My package has shipped and as of 6:47 PM was in Tulsa, OK. It should make it to Wichita tonight and be out for delivery tomorrow morning. Really looking forward to this.

• Yeah, Amazon prime is $80 a year. Definitely not worth it if you don’t shop there much. I’ve used a couple of 1 month free trials, and haven’t had any trouble stopping the auto-renewal. That’s lame that they made it difficult for you.

• TripleA '12

I just now ordered my copy from Amazon (U.S.) and paid $51.54 in including standard shipping rates to the U.K. Estimated delivery date July 19 - July 31. How well do you guys think I did? I’ll update this post with progress developments.

Order status: Shipping Soon

• Hi Loz. Did you not want to get both together or do you think 42’s date will be postponed too and would rather not wait and see?

• TripleA '12

To be honest mate, it didn’t even cross my mind. I’m hungry for new A&A games and just want to get my greedy mits on 'em asap! If I can possibly get a copy 1941 any sooner than 27th July then I’m happy with that. Are you gonna wait then?

• Was just on cool stuff, where I last saw it, but have forgotten password.
    Will probably buy too. Would be rude to let you be the only English forum
    Representative with it!

• Just checked my tracking number and it is on the vehicle for delivery today.  Very excited.  Already set a game up with 3 friends tonight.

I do pay $79 yearly for Amazon Prime.  I buy almost everything I need there.  With no tax and free 2nd day shipping, I feel like I save way more then the $79 I pay and don’t have to wait 1 or 2 weeks with the free super saver shipping Amazon offers.  Plus Amazon usually has pretty good prices.  Equal if not better then most retailers i.e. Target or Best Buy.

Anyways…back on subject…Game tonight.  One person has never played A & A, so this will be a good test to see if I can get them hooked.

• Customizer

@boboshonda:

Already set a game up with 3 friends tonight.

With any luck you’ll be playing a game before DJ posts his review. Can you post a recap of your game tomorrow?

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

@boboshonda:

Already set a game up with 3 friends tonight.

With any luck you’ll be playing a game before DJ posts his review. Can you post a recap of your game tomorrow?

I will.  Should be interesting with me being a regular 1-2 time a month 1940 global player, 1 semi-regular player, 1 novice player and 1 new player.  I need to remember patience.  Even though it is an easy game for us, I need to remember the new player knows nothing about simple movement like Tanks can go 2 spaces.  :lol:

• The reaction of novice players will be especially interesting since one of the avowed purposes of this particular edition is to introduce new players to the A&A line.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m