TripleA map for Global 1940 Alpha Final

• Customizer

FYI:

Global was updated today to version 2.7
    (that is the file version)

You guys all need to redownload it.

The fixes:

• Fixing Strategic Bombers so that they add +2 damage onto raids.

• Allowed USA to go to war if Japan declares war on ANZAC / UK.

• Added one missing UK infantry to Egypt.

• Dropped price of Cruisers to 9, when you have shipyards tech.

Everyone needs to download it.

Make sure that both you and your opponents have it.  If your opponent does not have it, then you might end up playing by the old version….

• @Veqryn:

Thank you :-)

What happens with ongoing games (i.e. savegames from 2.6)?
    What do you recommend?

• Customizer

@P@nther:

@Veqryn:

Thank you :-)

What happens with ongoing games (i.e. savegames from 2.6)?
    What do you recommend?

Your savegames are never affected by a map update.

If you started a game as 2.6 or w/e, and then downloaded the update to 2.7, then your savegame will continue on as 2.6 because you started it as 2.6
    It will not crash or stop.
    The only time savegames stop working is when you change to a different version of TripleA (ie: triplea 1.3.2.2 savegames do not work on triplea 1.5.2.1)

So ya, download it right now!

keep playing your savegames too!

• Thanks for the update Veqryn!

• There seems to be an issue with scrambling to defend a seazone when the attacker lands on a nearby territory.

Scramble:
    Scrambling is a special movement that the defender can make at the end of the Combat Move phase. It must be done after all of the attacker’s combat movements have been completed and all attacks have been declared. The attacker may not change any combat movements or attacks after the defender has scrambled.
    A quick reaction team of no more than 3 defending fighters and tactical bombers (strategic bombers can’t scramble) located on each island or coastal territory that has an operative air base can be scrambled to defend against attacks in the sea zones adjacent to those territories. These air units can be scrambled to help friendly units in adjacent sea zones that have come under attack. They can also be scrambled to resist amphibious assaults from adjacent sea zones, whether or not the territory being assaulted is the territory containing the air base. They may defend against the enemy ships conducting the amphibious assault even if friendly ships are not present.

In a game I’m playing, my opponent tried doing an amphibious assault on an empty Denmark. There were no axis warships in sz112, but there was a tac & fighter on W.Germany with a functioning airbase. There wasn’t even an option to scramble the air. I set up some different scenarios with the edit tool and it looks like it won’t register unopposed landings as worthy of a scramble option. Put a defender on that territory or in that seazone and the scramble option pops up just fine.

• Customizer

Ya, thats a bug in scrambling, one that I fixed last night actually.  (the bug is in the engine, so it requires me to release a new version of triplea, which i will probably do in two months or so)

Basically, if there is not going to be a sea battle, PLEASE use Edit mode to manually move the fighters.

TripleA forgets to scramble if there is not sea battle.

• @Veqryn:

Ya, thats a bug in scrambling, one that I fixed last night actually.  (the bug is in the engine, so it requires me to release a new version of triplea, which i will probably do in two months or so)

Basically, if there is not going to be a sea battle, PLEASE use Edit mode to manually move the fighters.

Please add the new convoy system to the engine also.  Thanks.

• Customizer

@questioneer:

@Veqryn:

Ya, thats a bug in scrambling, one that I fixed last night actually.�  (the bug is in the engine, so it requires me to release a new version of triplea, which i will probably do in two months or so)

Please add the new convoy system to the engine also.  Thanks.

I finished that today.  The convoy system, as well as fixed scrambling, are finished for the next engine.

• I think I found 1 more very minor bug.  You can’t NCM a loaded transport through a sea zone with an enemy sub in it.  In the final alpha rules you should be able to, so I just used Edit to move past the sub.

Thank you very much Veqryn for your hard work.

• Customizer

@Vance:

I think I found 1 more very minor bug.  You can’t NCM a loaded transport through a sea zone with an enemy sub in it.  In the final alpha rules you should be able to, so I just used Edit to move past the sub.

Thank you very much Veqryn for your hard work.

uh…. I can…

give me a savegame where you can’t please…

• OK.  It was a transport going from z66 to z54.

• Customizer

@Vance:

OK.  It was a transport going from z66 to z54.

thanks.  It was the convoy zone, not the submarine.  Actually, it was both together.

Anyway, i’ve fixed it now.  You’ll see the fix in the next version of triplea engine.

• Thanks Veqryn.

• '10

Hello,

a friend of mine (Pomme) think he has found a bug with Triple A.

The latest Alpha 3 rule about japanese NO states :

Japan
    When Japan Is Not at War with the United States:
    • 10 IPCs if Japan is not at war with the United States, has not attacked French Indo-China, and has not made an unprovoked declaration of war against United Kingdom/ANZAC. Theme: Strategic resource trade with the United States.

In a game i’m playing against Noll, Japan has made a J2 DOW against Anzac and UK, and collected that 10 IPC NO at the end of their turn. They didn’t take Fic and didn’t attack Phi or any US unit. But still, they shouldn’t be allowed to receive those IPCs as per current Alpha 3 rules.

Here is a link where you can find that game vs Noll i’m talking about:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27159.30

• Customizer

@Axisplaya:

Hello,
    a friend of mine (Pomme) think he has found a bug with Triple A.

The latest Alpha 3 rule about japanese NO states :

Japan
    When Japan Is Not at War with the United States:
    • 10 IPCs if Japan is not at war with the United States, has not attacked French Indo-China, and has not made an unprovoked declaration of war against United Kingdom/ANZAC. Theme: Strategic resource trade with the United States.

In a game i’m playing against Noll, Japan has made a J2 DOW against Anzac and UK, and collected that 10 IPC NO at the end of their turn. They didn’t take Fic and didn’t attack Phi or any US unit. But still, they shouldn’t be allowed to receive those IPCs as per current Alpha 3 rules.

Here is a link where you can find that game vs Noll i’m talking about:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27159.30

Ya, I forgot about the ANZAC/UK part of that objective.  I’ve fixed it, thanks for finding it.

• Wow there seems to be quite a few bugs after all…and the next update isn’t for 2-3 months???..uughh.

Probably need a compiled list of bugs for Garg’s tournament.  That will be hard to keep track of.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

you know what though?  Atleast you don’t have to do everything manually like Battlemap, and the board looks 4000x better.

It’s about 95% there, and it’s the most impossibly complicated version of Axis and Allies that has ever existed.  Yea we’ll have to watch for some bugs, and yea we might not be able to play with Tech, or correct convoy routes at first…  but 1 thing at a time here.

We can also donate, and that will pay for improvements to the game.  The game of all games, think of ALL of the stuff that is available.

Next year at the FMG Convention, I hope to throw this up on a 62" or bigger television - that is BUILT into a table. (Oh my, could you imagine it as a touch screen or 3D?  That’s coming some day).

You would never have to buy a copy of Axis and Allies, or risk, or whatever again,  and the more people who played TripleA, or made customs maps etc, the more options we would have.

YOU WOULD NEVER have to Setup, or Clean up, and you could save, stop, and start all your games at any time!

A table… with a TV in it, that plays all your favourite board games instantly. We are almost there folks.

Infact I am going to start working on that.

LOL You could load it into the back of a pickup truck and PLAY ANYWHERE - Even in total darkness!  Think about it!

• '10

Triple A is cool. And over the years, it has given us a lot of hours of fun.

We’re just advising about the bugs we find in here, not criticising Triple A or its creators in any way.

My buddy, Pomme, who found the latest bug has also donated 50$ to Triple A yesterday.

We’ll just keep downloading the latest versions/maps when they’ll be released.

Meanwhile, this thread is also to be used to keep mentioning the bugs as they are found.

:wink:

• @Axisplaya:

We’re just advising about the bugs we find in here, not criticising Triple A or its creators in any way.

My buddy, Pomme, who found the latest bug has also donated 50$ to Triple A yesterday.

Meanwhile, this thread is also to be used to keep mentioning the bugs as they are found.

:wink:Â

ditto

Here’s the big question:

How much do I have to donate so that this thing could be updated with all these bugs fixed in 2-3 weeks vs 2-3 months down the road???

Riddle me that Batman. :wink:

• Customizer

@questioneer:

@Axisplaya:

:wink:�

ditto

Here’s the big question:

How much do I have to donate so that this thing could be updated with all these bugs fixed in 2-3 weeks vs 2-3 months down the road???

Riddle me that Batman. :wink:

$300

just kidding

obviously it is my goal to make bug fixes as fast as I can, but you have to remember I also have a life besides triplea

in addition to that, the biggest problem with bugs is simply that I don’t know about them.

now, if I release a new version in 2 weeks, and then later people find other bugs, then i’ve just broken everyone’s savegames for nothing (new releases of triplea tend to break savegame compatibility)

secondly, sometimes fixing a bug introduces a new bug, or the fix is worse than the problem.  I’m not a perfect coder, even though I test my code more than anyone else I know.

That is why we have a release cycle.

After a stable is released, we start making new changes, and bug fixes.  Then, later, we release an “unstable / beta” version.  This version is called unstable/beta because it is not fully tested.  After this is released, I hope people try the new version and find bugs.  After one or two unstable/beta versions, I release a new stable.  If people do not test the unstable/beta versions enough, than we end up having a buggy stable version.

So, I’ll try to work hard on everything and see if I can do a release in a month from now.  It will be beta/unstable, but at least it will be something to go on.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m