TripleA for G40 is sweetness!!!

• @Ol’:

I agree with all….TripleA is the Ferrari to Battlemap’s Chevy…but I can play Battlemap at work…cannot post rolls or anything with TripleA  :cry:

Yes you can now, what’s stopping you???

• Customizer

TripleA can not connect to the internet well if you are behind a proxy.  That is probably what is stopping him.

You can still do PBEM and PBF (i think), but only if your dice roller is either the internal one, or can get through the proxy.

And you can definitely still play locally (and manually email or post the savegame if you want).

But i do know that you can’t connect to the lobby from behind a proxy.

Unless you know how to configure your proxy and/or triplea to work together, then you are out of luck.

Don’t ask me how, my knowledge only extends to knowing how to host.

I hope to get a network engineer or someone to code some proxy support for us one day.

• Here it is ,I’m very new to the computer.
    What do I need to fill in where

Dice Server:
    To:
    CC:
    Game ID      27051.0

Play by Forum
    Topic ID: 27051.0
    Login: suprise attack
    Password ******

Play by E-Mail
    Disabled
    GMail
    Hotmail
    Generic

Any help would be great, If I cant do this then I’ll never play by E-Mail
    OMG do I feel dumb!!! and I’m not really, REALLY

• @suprise:

Any help would be great, If I cant do this then I’ll never play by E-Mail
    OMG do I feel dumb!!! and I’m not really, REALLY

Just read this:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=25868.0

and/or this:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27127.0

Then you will know what to fill in, either for Play By Forum or for Play By EMail

On this forum, Play By Forum is preferred over Play By EMail.
    :-)

• I bombed an IC with 3 strat bombers. The defender had 2 fighters and 2 tacticals in the same territory, but only the fighters had the option to intercept. I always thought that tacticals could intercept as well  . . . so do I have the rule wrong or should the tacs have the option to intercept as well?

• Seth, I believe tacs and ftrs can “scramble” together, but only ftrs “intercept” whereas tacs “bomb” with stratbmrs.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

A) China can still hide in the Himilayas…  :P
    B) I have to say, I am still not impressed.  It is very much like Hasbro’s (yea I just cursed it, deal!) and it still doesnt “feel” right to me
    C) Why is there such hatred to Battlemap?  It’s not as cruddy as mapview and it doesnt require the overhead of tripleA…

Now what I like:

AI is improved…
    I can play by myself
    It has neat little animations, icons and sounds for my kids, so they want to play.

• Man Cmdr Jennifer you are cold.

Veqryn has transformed Triplea from something that let you play revised, through a fight with hasbro, and into something that let you play G40 extremely easily.  Maybe sometime in the next few months we’ll have a beta version of 1914 as well to play!

Can’t say I can complain about Triplea at all.

• Triple A is easily, hands down, my preferred method of playing turn based strategy games.  So many great options and flexibility to ensure things are governed by the engine.  Personally I feel all the added features are nice and since you can turn them all off with a single click they are also not a distraction if I wish to eliminate them from play.  Many add to the atmosphere of the game and while they might appeal to the more juvenile side of my personality isn’t that what escaping to the fantasy of a video game is all about?

Cmdr Jennifer obviously all the efforts you have put into ABattlemap make you biased  towards your own work, and that is understandable.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m