TripleA for G40 is sweetness!!!

• TripleA has vastly improved since I played it a 2years ago- Wow!!!

Gotta try it, I’m sold!!!  PBF with AA.org and TripleA

Directions:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=25868.0

Sample of my test run (and NO I didn’t type or upload anything!!!  It does it all for you!!!):
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27063.0

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

• TripleA

I remember playing on triple a before AA50 hit…

• Working on how to play live now…looks like they want me to do some kind of router allowance…hmmm…directions are clear enough.

• TripleA

Oh, you need someone to host a game for you. Or you can open a port on the router and use that port for your games.

• hope u get things working questioneer

• I just converted a game from battlemap to triplea  :-D

• TripleA

triple a is good if you got a few hours to kill, but most people do PBEM or forum play on this site because they play for a few minutes at a time.

• @Cow:

triple a is good if you got a few hours to kill, but most people do PBEM or forum play on this site because they play for a few minutes at a time.

???

Triplea actually saves you time and allows you to get your turn in quicker vs the regular PBF/PBEM format. You don’t type out your moves, you just do your turn on triplea and it’ll post your turn for you. Everything is formatted a written out for you; the purchase, combat moves, combat, noncom, and placement.

Did you check out the 2nd link questioneer included? It’s all there and he didn’t post a single thing, it was all the program and completely automated.

• @Cow:

TripleA is perfect for PBEM and forum play, too!  Although I would prefer PBF over PBEM. Just give it a try.

• TripleA

I play there often, but we really should recognize it for making live games possible online.

Also as a time saver for PBEM. PBF takes long in general, but I suppose you don’t have to type out combat and non combat movements… so that is nice.

• @Cow:

I play there often, but we really should recognize it for making live games possible online.

Also as a time saver for PBEM. PBF takes long in general, but I suppose you don’t have to type out combat and non combat movements… so that is nice.

Oh for sure, TripleA is best for PBF with AA.org.  I love how they set that up.  It seems to cut down the time in half.  As far as a live game, if I wanna host games I have to reset the ID on my router.  Its a little complicated for my router.  Besides, I’m not really in a hurry to host a game in that it seems just as long as an FTF game, maybe a little shorter, but not by much it seems.  Yes, you definitely have to have a bunch of hours to burn at the computer.  If that’s the case, then I would just invite my game friends to play as my house- much more enjoyable I think.  Then again, if you don’t have a group then its probably your best option.

But for PBF, this is now THE way to play- TripleA linked with the AA.org site.  ABattlemap will be disposed of in a year I predict.  Won’t miss it or all that typing. :-D

• Correction…ABattlemap may be disposed of this month if the rest of the players catch on to this.

• @questioneer:

Correction…ABattlemap may be disposed of this month if the rest of the players catch on to this.

Let’s hope that people get convinced of the convenience that comes with TripleA soon!

• @questioneer:

Correction…ABattlemap may be disposed of this month if the rest of the players catch on to this.

I don’t think that’ll happen. battlemap will likely be around for some time.

• Man you gotta be smoking good stuff to be using ABattlemap afer trying the new TripleA PBF.

Just discovered the battle calculator- just as good as the David Skelly’s AACalc on my phone- nice touch.

Make games are so much easier and faster with this TripleA PBF, if anybody doesn’t try this, they suck. :lol:

• I agree with Quest.

• '16 '15 '10

Re. live and pbf, don’t forget that it’s possible to start a pbf game and then play it out live, or start a live game and then play the rest out via pbf.  I have no desire to play an entire A&A game online in one sitting, so the ability to save games with TripleA and then either play it later or play it out via forum/email is a huge plus.

It’s great to see more people using the technology!

• '16 '15 '10

@questioneer:

Oh for sure, TripleA is best for PBF with AA.org.  I love how they set that up.  It seems to cut down the time in half.  As far as a live game, if I wanna host games I have to reset the ID on my router.

Unfortunately port forwarding for TripleA is not necessarily straightforward because what you have to do depends on your router.  In every case, you have to create exceptions for Windows Firewall and your router’s firewall.  But sometimes you need to create a static ip as well.

There’s lots of useful info here
    http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Download-Maps-Links-Hosting-Games-General-Information-td4074312.html

You don’t need to enable port forwarding in order to join live games–only to host them.

If you need assistance, people on the lobby are usually willing to help.

• Yeah if someone hosts a G40 game I’m in for “live” play, but otherwise I didn’t want to go throught the router adjustment hassle right now.  Besides, I don’t want an 8hr sitting at the PC for a whole live game either.

But for PBF, this is where the new TripleA really shines and since turns are so fast, you and another player can play maybe 3-4 rounds in one sitting by PBF.  Turns literally take 1-5minutes tops.  Unless your opponent is really slow. :wink:

• I agree with all….TripleA is the Ferrari to Battlemap’s Chevy…but I can play Battlemap at work…cannot post rolls or anything with TripleA  :cry:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m