• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Ah… nuke 'em and get it over with.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

will need to prove to the military he is a leader to be followed

It’s my understanding that has already happend.

Didn’t Kim Jong step down like a year / year and a half ago?  Don’t you guys remember that conflict in Korea over that island?  That was the successor solidifying his might.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

You never know, the son might be better than the father - or he could be worse.

As for how I feel?  It’s a shame when any life is lost - regardless of how evil or good they might be regarded.

• He is in Hell.

• @Gargantua:

will need to prove to the military he is a leader to be followed

It’s my understanding that has already happend.

Didn’t Kim Jong step down like a year / year and a half ago?  Don’t you guys remember that conflict in Korea over that island?  That was the successor solidifying his might.

I had heard similar stories, Gargantua.

• i’ve seen a few parts of some (very rare) foreign documentaries about N.Korea, and it is… surreel, absurd and painful.

Empty streets (10 lanes but no cars cuz of no fuel) and traffic police that is guiding traffic that isn’t there! Hidden poor people who eat clay and treebark to at least have something in their stomach, the brainwashing that starts in kiddieschool, senseless propaganda everywhere, all the time. Endless military parades… It’s just sad.

Whatever happens with the next Kim Jong, i’m afraid those poor people are f***ed over for generations to come.

• '12

The official succession was not to occur until 2012, until then daddy was firmly in control.

• @Vance:

He is in Hell.

Excellent insight.

@Cmdr:

It’s a shame when any life is lost - regardless of how evil or good they might be regarded.

Regarded?    Please!…  The man WAS evil.        It is not wrong to be happy that a very bad person can no longer do very bad things. Precisely because they are DEAD!      I say sound the trumpets and have a party. Yeah, who knows, his son might be worse, but he could be better too. What the son will do should not lessen our joy that the profoundly evil father can be a blight to humanity no longer.

Yes, death is an unfortunate thing, but it is better that some people are dead than alive. Not sure how you could disagree with that.

I propose a toast.  Kim Jong is no longer Il … Long live Kim Jong Dead.

As for how I feel?  It’s a shame when any life is lost - regardless of how evil or good they might be regarded.

Oh right,  like if I died - you’d be shedding tears I’m sure? Don’t lie!

So Typical of you - TEACH!

@Gargantua:

Yeah! … I was going to use Adolf Hitler as an example, but Gargantua works too.

@Gargantua:

So Typical of you - TEACH!

But of course.  No, I would.  You’re not a bad person.  There are bad people, but you are not a bad person.

As for teaching, thank all the gods of olympus and the asgard and the roman panthology that I don’t have to deal with any more snot nosed, stupid idiots who think they know everything - at least not for a paycheck. lol!

Anyway, Kim was not a bad person either - it’s not like he nuked anyone, right?  Using that as my measure, there’s a very short list of “bad” people and really only like 1 or 2 people on the list that did not actually nuke someone!

• my list of bad people is so big it would take a nuke to do the job

@morrel:

my list of bad people is so big it would take a nuke to do the job

That is precisely why the bar is so high. If I ever get the opportunity to murder everyone on my list of “bad people” without sin or shame, I don’t want it to take a year to accomplish! wink

• @Cmdr:

As for teaching, thank all the gods of olympus and the asgard and the roman panthology that I don’t have to deal with any more snot nosed, stupid idiots who think they know everything - at least not for a paycheck. lol!

LOL maybe universities should send all first year students on an exchange trip to North Korea.

• Few weeks ago my Korean language and history Professor said something interesting during his lesson: He thinks North Korea dictatorship is possible because an after-war scenario would see Korea re-unified and in the sovereign of South Korea. Now let’s see what happens after the charismatic leader died.
    I think China will try to annex North Korea without a war.

@Noll:

Few weeks ago my Korean language and history Professor said something interesting during his lesson: He thinks North Korea dictatorship is possible because an after-war scenario would see Korea re-unified and in the sovereign of South Korea. Now let’s see what happens after the charismatic leader died.
    I think China will try to annex North Korea without a war.

Without getting into politics I can say that would probably not happen.

China probably won’t try to annex Korea for historic and cultural reasons of which getting American money would be a huge contributing factor.  North and South Korea would also, likewise, not engage in hostilities so long as we keep shovelling money into their pockets.

The problem, as I see it, is that the Bank of the United States of America is close to defaulting and without our incentive to stay peaceful, there might be fundamental redistribution of power.  Just from a socio-economic viewpoint, not that I’m a socialogist or economics professor - I can balance a checkbook and that’s better than 90% of the high school graduates these days, but that’s about as far as I can go!

• It’s for historic reason that I think China will try to annex North Korea. They always tried to do it, and they did it many times in the past.

Korea was always in an unlucky position. Between China, Manchuria and Japan!

But of course.  No, I would.  You’re not a bad person.  There are bad people, but you are not a bad person.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW?  This is the internet isn’t it? For as far as you’re concerned I could be building some kind of maniacal contraption to take over the world by force!  I could ‘be’ Kim Jong Il’s son, the heavenly child.

And are you saying Harry Truman, or the pilot of the Enola Gay were evil because they dropped the bomb!  Proposterous! LOL.

What about Gas attacks in WWI?  Are those Evil?  Charles Manson isn’t Evil?

• Well according to the video game “Homefront,” Kim Jong Il’s son takes over most of Asia and invades the US.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m