• In you post in which you were telling us we were not alloued to do anything related to Karama :? :x you said something about a sock pupet. What are a sock pupet.

Thanks

• A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception within an online community. In its earliest usage, a sockpuppet was a false identity through which a member of an Internet community speaks with or about himself or herself, pretending to be a different person, like a ventriloquist manipulating a hand puppet.

In current usage, the perception of the term has been extended beyond second identities of people who already post in a forum to include other uses of misleading online identities. For example, a NY Times article claims that “sock-puppeting” is defined as “the act of creating a fake online identity to praise, defend or create the illusion of support for one’s self, allies or company.”

The key difference between a sockpuppet and a regular pseudonym (sometimes termed an “alt” which is short for alternate, as in alternate identity) is the pretense that the puppet is a third party who is not affiliated with the puppeteer or acting under their control for their benefit.

• So, in short a sock pupet is a account set up by somebody to say good things about their main account.

EG. If I was to set up another account and say that DL is hero of the world at the end of every post, that would be sock pupeting. Right :? :?

• @democratic:

So, in short a sock pupet is a account set up by somebody to say good things about their main account.

EG. If I was to set up another account and say that DL is hero of the world at the end of every post, that would be sock pupeting. Right :? :?

Yes that is correct.

• Another Q IL,

Where can we post about Karma.

• Forget about karma. Do not bring it up. It is gone and wont be coming back.

These ‘Sock puppet accounts’ in the sence that i was referring too are accounts added in addition to your own, for the purpose of adding your opinion and making it seem like that opinion is shared by more than one person. IN this case at least two members here have 3-4 accounts and they will be removed in a few days.

They usually post the same thing and post the same type of message and often speak to each other in an attempt to make their point of view more reasonable. I have been aware of this for a number of months, but no action has been taken. That will change.

I think a few of them were created as a joke to make a mockery of another poster (e.g. Foxxy) and that is not the right thing to do. It can be funny, but ( or BUTT depending on how you spell it) it is distracting to some.

Obviously, I look like some bad person who takes this action, but our job is to point out these problems and get them resolved.

and as this is yet another example of what i am talking about, the thread is closed.

It is also closed because it’s another countless karma thread and that is gone. Please get over it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m