• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

I guarantee you that we cannot please you all.

@oztea:

I already have the current map, and it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. As we have addressed before, its not inflated in the right places, Europe is too small, the US is too big, etc.

But I WILL purchase a 1936 map if the map is more aesthetically pleasing. More like the A&A maps with a hint of topography, but not too much noise printed on the map. Roundels, values, names, and cites are fine. But of course no more printed on bases, and convoy zones done away with.

You guys are putting a lot of effort into this, but don’t do what Larry does, let us see the work in progress and critique it before the final cut.
    I know you fear people printing it out on their own and losing money. Well you wont on me, the vinyl is great and I am willing to support you guys.
    But the quality has to be there.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

@thenorthman:

Hmmmm now have to decide if want to grab 39’ version or wait until 36’ map……

Decided on 39’ map. Then will pick up 36’ version later. Heck 39’ map can always be used for a game room decoration once get 36’ map. ;-)

• Hi at all,

im new here. I have many Axis and Allies games. I am playing A & A over 7 years now. I ordered the map of Global War 1939 and some game pieces. We played a first test round. It is the best  A & A version ever. Even better than A&A 1940! This map is awesome. I have got a question. I heard that you guys are developping Global 1936. I will order it immidiatley when this version is finished. Can you tell me when it will be finished and released in 2014 (in witch period of time in 2014) and can i order it from Historical boardgaming in Europe? Because im from germany (sorry for my bad english).

Greetings to all of you

p.s. And thanks for this awesome Global 1939 map it is the best i have ever seen you guys did very very good work

I am sure we can get our German website to carry them once they are out. Thank you for the compliments.

@AlphaAeffchen:

Hi at all,

im new here. I have many Axis and Allies games. I am playing A & A over 7 years now. I ordered the map of Global War 1939 and some game pieces. We played a first test round. It is the best  A & A version ever. Even better than A&A 1940! This map is awesome. I have got a question. I heard that you guys are developping Global 1936. I will order it immidiatley when this version is finished. Can you tell me when it will be finished and released in 2014 (in witch period of time in 2014) and can i order it from Historical boardgaming in Europe? Because im from germany (sorry for my bad english).

Greetings to all of you

p.s. And thanks for this awesome Global 1939 map it is the best i have ever seen you guys did very very good work

• Customizer

Guys,

@thenorthman:

@thenorthman:

Hmmmm now have to decide if want to grab 39’ version or wait until 36’ map……

Decided on 39’ map. Then will pick up 36’ version later. Heck 39’ map can always be used for a game room decoration once get 36’ map. ;-)

––The above seems like a frequently recurring decision. I know that I am tremendously happy that I decided to order the 1939 map NOW,….and then buy the 1934/36/39 map later, too!
    ––HBG really has their stuff together with their latest incarnation of an A&A variant game.

“Tall Paul”

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

Love the map!!!

I was a little hesitant on having all the “roundels” but I like how with the revised map you made the capital roundel normal then all the other territories for that nation subdued or partially transparent.  It made it not so “busy” looking.

Very nice!  Cant wait to pick up the 34/36/39 map this year!

Plus highly interested in the little expansion packs you have coming out.

Sean

• Customizer

thenorthman & Others,

@thenorthman:

Love the map!!!
    ––Me, too! This revised map is Great!
    I was a little hesitant on having all the “roundels” but I like how with the revised map you made the capital roundel normal then all the other territories for that nation subdued or partially transparent.  It made it not so “busy” looking.
    ––I, too, like this feature.
    Very nice!  Cant wait to pick up the 34/36/39 map this year!
    ––Ditto.
    Plus highly interested in the little expansion packs you have coming out.
    ––You should Check out the HBGwebsite as they have added MORE Expansion Sets to their que of new units coming out.
    Sean

“Tall Paul”

• Any more teasers on what the 36 map will look like?

• got a pdf link for global 1939 6.1?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Variable… Any chance. We can get a non PDF copy of those rules?  My gaming group could do with some more clarifications posted in the book (from forum discussions.). As-well, it would also be helpful if the book was organized a little differently to find things easier. (For us).

Let me know friend.  Our crew plays this regulairly and would love to update it, let you have a look and see if it’s good enough for 6.2!

We just need to official my close some debates. :)

Thanks.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@TMTM:

Would anyone be interested in a Abattlemap module of this game? Like the one I made of “Axis & Allies Global War (New Downloadable Map Link)” http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=11672.msg773179#msg773179

Just wondering if anyone out there knows if this ABattlemap module for Global War 1939 was ever completed?  It would be great to have a way to play online.  You could also use it to record setups when games are interrupted and you can’t leave the whole board set up until you return to finish it.  It could also be used to post a map on the forum so other people can see some interesting situation you want to discuss.  ABattlemap might actually be better than TripleA for playing online because there are so many house rules.

• Hi,

can you please give us updates on the new Global map 36. When will it be finished? When will you release the map and the rules.

Best regards

A. Aeffchen

@AlphaAeffchen:

Hi,

can you please give us updates on the new Global map 36. When will it be finished? When will you release the map and the rules.

Best regards

A. Aeffchen

We have gone through several versions of the map and are still working on it.
    The final draft wont be ready to the Fall. we may have some previews before that but not too much.

• @cminke:

i found a spelling mestake.  Leningrad is spelt lenongrad.  also wheres the set up for this?

I found another one???

• Still no map previews then?
    Been about 6 months.

• @oztea:

Still no map previews then?
    Been about 6 months.

Look at facebook, the New map is great

• Where can I find the new Map exactly?

• Like I told you, HBG is on facebook

10405509_733441243358766_724186717074753698_n.jpg
    10626797_733226616713562_8321312880859037493_n.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Wow, this new map certainly does look nice! The feature that I’m most interested in is (IF I’m correct) how starting in 1936 we wil be able to buy older units and have them evolve into newer models as they come available,…“Unit Evolution”, as from an American P-36 Hawk fighter, to a P-40 Warhawk, to a P-51 Mustang.

––I’m certain that when this new map & improved game do become available that it will make a LOT og gamers very happy! This is undoubtably the FUTURE of AXIS & ALLIES gaming!

Tall Paul

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m