Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

1936 or 1939

• I’m sure this question has been answered somewhere on the forum, but I haven’t come across the answer just yet, so I’m sorry if it’s already out there.

If a person was going to buy one version of Global War, would you recommend 1936, or 1939?

• There is only one version - “HBG’s global War 1936-1945, 2nd edition”
    http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Global-War-1936-1945_c_575.html

With that, you can play the 1939 setup (which is great and what my group plays exclusively)

• For me and probably 95% of Global War fans it would be GW 1936.

Here are a few reasons:

• 1939 supports only the 1939 scenario. GW 1936 supports two scenarios. 1936 and 1939.

• HBG is still selling 1939 but I know they are not updating it. It feels (to me) incomplete. GW 1936 is constantly getting rule updates, new expansions, map changes etc.

• GW 1936 map is just beautiful

• GW 1936 feels unique and the gaming experience feels the closest to the real war than any other WW 2 board game out there

• GW 1936 in the future will be part of a GIANT game that spans from the 19th century to the late 20th century including WW 1, Cold war etc.

• You want the 1936 map! It has the terrain printed on it, and as I understand it, you can use it for a 1939 set up. Really the maps have slight differences. I think the Global War is moving in the direction of the 1936 map. I am trying to justify buying it now. Real question is 36" x 72" (3 ft by 6 ft) or 48" X 72" (4 ft by 8 ft) 1936 map!!! From what I gather if you have the room and are using 3D sculpts for bases, you may want the larger map.  :roll:

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m