Bob_A_Mickelson's Complete AAP40 Charts and Aids [1st Ed.]

• @fanofbond:

What’s the best way to have these made?  Printing or having them made

I wanted to ask the exact same thing. Are you just printing them on card stock or should I take the files to kinkos and get it done that way? It seems like someone was talking about this in another thread…any input on what’s working for you is much appreciated.

Thanks for your work Bob, looks great.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@ruwenzori:

@fanofbond:

What’s the best way to have these made?  Printing or having them made

I wanted to ask the exact same thing. Are you just printing them on card stock or should I take the files to kinkos and get it done that way? It seems like someone was talking about this in another thread…any input on what’s working for you is much appreciated.

Here is my reply from the other thread:
    @Variable:

@Gharen:

I am curious as to how you guys are printing/mounting these.  What kind of paper are you printing it out on or are you guys taking it to a Fedex and having them do it.  Just wanting some opinions/options before I get them printed out.

I used my home printer to print onto glossy photo paper. Then I used a spray adhesive to back it with a black, 1/4" foam core board. The result is very beautiful and durable. Just be careful not to get photo paper wet AT ALL. If this is a concern, use a good quality heavy weight paper. It won’t be glossy but it will hold up to a little moisture.

• Customizer

what are the “task force” boxes for?
    and why are there numbers on the tokens?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Veqryn:

what are the “task force” boxes for?
    and why are there numbers on the tokens?

If a force in a particular zone/territory gets too large to fit there, you place a token in the territory (i.e. #1) and then move the force off the board within view of all players and place it on the corresponding card (i.e. TF#1). It was introduced in Revised but needed most in AA42.

• @fanofbond:

What’s the best way to have these made?  Printing or having them made

@ruwenzori:

@fanofbond:

What’s the best way to have these made?  Printing or having them made

I wanted to ask the exact same thing. Are you just printing them on card stock or should I take the files to kinko’s and get it done that way? It seems like someone was talking about this in another thread…any input on what’s working for you is much appreciated.

I took the Battle Board and National Production Income files to FedEx Kinko’s Office.  They printed them out and laminated them on a piece of white foam board.  The cost is a little pricey, ~$15.00, but they look fantastic and I don’t have to do the work.  The rest of the files, I am just going to have laminated with rigid plastic as they don’t have to be so thick.  I respect those of you who do them yourself as they look great but I have enough “scratch building” to do with my HO model railroad.

• numbers should be in white or black with outline in some color that fits the rest of the background.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Imperious:

numbers should be in white or black with outline in some color that fits the rest of the background.

Agreed!

• Bob_A_Mickelson, Thank you for sharing your beuatiful work with us.

• Thanks Bob!!! The National Production Chart and Battleboard are the ones I am gonna put on gloss paper or heavy stock (I’ll try both I guess) and put on on top of white foam board which I have plenty of.
    :-)

• These are fantastic as-is!  Thank you so much!

• I just had these completed at a local print shop on gloss white card stock and they look amazing.
    Thank you so much for all the hard work!!  Can’t wait to play, we will be using them this weekend.

• '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Thanks bob!

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

Yes thank you.  If I said that already thanks again!!! :mrgreen:

• Customizer

I’m glad you all enjoy the charts. It took a lot of effort and time. Hopefully I can make a matching set for Europe and Global when it comes out. I’m sure that those games will need it. I halfway expect there to be no tech chart or research tokens in AAG40, so those will probably be on my to do also.

• We are so lucky to have you in our forums.  Thanks for all your hard work.  :-)

• I just had one question.  I printed out the cards and they look great!  I printed out the air markers and they are huge!  Were they supposed to be this big?

• Customizer

They are suppose to be the same size as the air movement markers from AAR which are the size of national control markers (.75 inch diameter)

• maybe i have to shrink it or something

• I printed up your new cards and noticed that the attack defend values are not right.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

@miragehunter:

I printed up your new cards and noticed that the attack defend values are not right.

Which cards?  Or are you saying all of them.  I have not looked closely yet

EDIT:

Yep your right.  The naval units attack and defense say “ATTACK 3” and “DEFENSE 4” for almost all the units.

Still sharp looking cards.

Sean

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m