Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• I will personally buy 6 sets minimum, and if they are really good put me down for a dozen.

• I would pre-order a complete set at $59.99.

• i’m in for at least 1 set, likely more.

• Field Marshal,

I’m very glad to see this project.  I will certainly buy a set if they come to market.  I hope the dice project gives you what you need to make this happen.  I hope this does not take the thead off into the wrong direction, but I have a small request.  Please include chinese infantry and a second UK infantry to represent the colonies (such as India and Australia).  I am just looking for a temperate and tropical UK soldier for example.  I know this is no small request but it would help make this the full boat.

• I will definitely get more than 1 set.  Let me know when you need a down payment…

hy don’t we start a Group Buy list for people ready to put money down.

1.  ElCapitan (at least 2 sets, maybe more depending on price)

• Please put me down for 1 set for now, I will probably get three more for my friends and my unopened box.

Please let me know how we can prepay!

It’s funny, one of my friends is color blind and he had the hardest time with Chinese and Russian or Italian infantry as to him they looked the same.  We had to use Russian infantry from AAE for Chinese, so hopefully this will make it easier for us to play.

Great job, it saves me the trouble of cannibalizing other pieces.

• '10

I’m a bit disappointed that some units that I really wanted to see added to the “New” list are not there.  Depending on what the special surprise is and the quality of the new units.  That may change my view.

However, I do want to see this project succeed and I am willing to make an advance payment for at least one set for now.

FMG, out of curiosity.  Are you able to give us a sneak peak of what some of the units will look like?

Also, is there anything that those of us on this forum can do to help this project move further along?

Thanks

• '10

@Black:

I’m a bit disappointed that some units that I really wanted to see added to the “New” list are not there.  Depending on what the special surprise is and the quality of the new units.  That may change my view.

However, I do want to see this project succeed and I am willing to make an advance payment for at least one set for now.

FMG, out of curiosity.  Are you able to give us a sneak peak of what some of the units will look like?

Also, is there anything that those of us on this forum can do to help this project move further along?

Thanks

I am sorry we could not make ALL the special units requested.  The cost is very high and each new unit increases the mould cost.  There is still a possibility that I can add or subtract a few but I will require a sculpt for this. ( I will look into the ALTERNATE infantry issue re: dinosaur)

To aid in this project I still need ITALIAN sculpts.  I am having a hard time finding adequate models for this.  If you have any recommendation OR if you have models we could use that would be great.  Please PM me if you have models you would like to LEND for this purpose, we will do our best to ensure these get back to you.

As for pre-payment, I will set something up on the weekend and post the link here.  THANKS GUYS!

• Hi !

I will buy at least one COMPLETE SET !

Is there any chance of including some special infantry at these sets?

SS Panzergrenadiers / Waffen SS
    US Marines
    British Commandos
    Russian Guards

• In my case I’ll be pre-ordering at least two sets.  After I receive the pieces and have had a chance to look at them, it’s very likely I’ll then be ordering one or more additional sets.

CWO Marc

• I’ll preorder 2 complete sets

• Official Q&A

Have you settled on colors and models for all of the pieces yet?

• '10

@Krieghund:

Have you settled on colors and models for all of the pieces yet?

We are still working on that.  We just got a cost quote from the factory and designed the sprites.  I will keep all here posted on ALL developments and provide pictures when I can.

• What is the time frame for this project?

Is this something that we can look forward to by the end of Summer 2009?

• '10

@Shakespeare:

What is the time frame for this project?

Is this something that we can look forward to by the end of Summer 2009?

We will do it as fast as possible.  We have never attempted something like this so I can’t give an accurate time line.  I expect it will be about 4-6 months? We are working now on getting the the correct sculpts at the moment.

• make sure the sculpts are in the same exact scale as the current pieces, so they are all compatible.

Also i suggest all infantry are basic pose with advancing infantry and both feet on ground and balanced, unlike how they did the UK infantry which is ‘stooped’ to one side.

• '10

I am sorry we could not make ALL the special units requested.  The cost is very high and each new unit increases the mould cost.  There is still a possibility that I can add or subtract a few but I will require a sculpt for this.

Yes, I understand that.  That’s why I’m still supporting you because I appreciate your efforts.

If there are still possibilities for changes I would like the following in this order.

Medium Bombers
    Dive Bombers
    Light/Jeep Carriers

Out of curiosity, why a Task Force piece?  I think the current one is fine.

Thanks

• '10

@Black:

I am sorry we could not make ALL the special units requested.  The cost is very high and each new unit increases the mould cost.  There is still a possibility that I can add or subtract a few but I will require a sculpt for this.

Yes, I understand that.  That’s why I’m still supporting you because I appreciate your efforts.

If there are still possibilities for changes I would like the following in this order.

Medium Bombers
    Dive Bombers
    Light/Jeep Carriers

Out of curiosity, why a Task Force piece?  I think the current one is fine.

Thanks

I will see what I can do with additional parts.  As for the TASK FORCE part, it is a great accessory and is only available in AAP.  AAP is now out of print and will soon be hard to get.  I think it is a great tool in a large game like AA50.

• TASK FORCE

I got Pacific, and we use the Task Force when playing Revised or Anniversary, its a great help.

But, the plastic Task Force token is too big. Make it smaller.

The cardboard Task Force card is to thin, make it thicker so its easy to move the card with ships on it.

tanks man

• i would defeinitely purcase a set, over 1000 pieces for $59.99, that is a reasonable price tag,
    are the pieces of the same durability as the avalon hill set, i hope that they are not too stiff and rigid that they break at the slightest knock, i would be very concerned to know the color scheme, if the pieces are of bright cartoony hew, that is harsh to the eye when under a spotlight, i would not be interested,
    i have seen other attempts to craft similar copy’s of the axis and allies pieces, and i have not been impressed,
    although i have seen the field marshall games dice at the website, and they are of a good quality,
    however, for me to indulge a pre-order scheme, i would have to see some examples of this new endeavor,
    i would imagine that a set of mold’s would take time to make to a high standard,
    what sort of a guarantee do you offer the investor,
    i would not like to be swindled, and i would not part with my $59.99 at the whisper of a mold, and some free dice or somesuch

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m