Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion

• @victoryfirst

No, they must be repaired by paying 3 IPC for each damage hit. They are repaired anywhere on the game board.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Just to double check, you can’t purchase landmines in India. UK/London only correct ?

Next rule edit you may want to consider moving this closer to the beginning of the landmine rules

“Mines must be produced in a Capital belonging to
    the Nation that produces the mines.”

For example here instead

“Mines are purchased in the Purchase & Repair
    Units phase and can be placed (dug in) in the
    Mobilize New Units phase in that same turn in the
    territory where they are produced.”

Just a thought : )

• @the-captain Yeah I was wondering about that as the Japanese were able in my game to repair their battleships and immediately attack with them with full strength. The Americans were getting overrun by that. I thought Capital ships could only get repaired when adjacent to a port, why would you protect them with fighters if they can get repaired at open sea?

• @victoryfirst yea the defending damaged Carrier thing seems a bit off. You can already scramble. Just seems a bit complicated for little gain imo

• @victoryfirst my guess is if the CV gets hit and the planes can land on an island or wherever , it can’t repair until it’s next turn and could take attacks, so the fighters that were able to land safely can defend it.

Not sure if that’s right and still seems a bit much but I’m sure Captain clue us in before long :)

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@barnee

You’re right - United Kingdom can only produce their mines in London.

Also, I’ll correct the text you described concerning mines:+1:

You know, one thing is to develope and play with these rules hundreds and hundreds of times - and explain how it works face to face with new players. It’s another thing to describe it in text to players who have never used these rules.

So, fortunately we have the Rules Clarification to help answer most questions:relaxed:

Thanks for your notification:+1:

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@victoryfirst

Hi,

You cannot allocate air units to protect a damaged Battleship unit (see pages 33-35).

When you allocate air units to protect a damaged Carrier, you should consider if this maneuver is essential. Otherwise you might want to send your air units on another mission.

We mostly use this air protection, when a damaged Carrier is within range of an enemy counter attack and there is no other option to hinder the Carrier from being lost.

It’s all part of the challenge to find out what you must do - and what you could do.

So, how many Japanese Battleships overran the US naval units in your game?

• @the-captain heh heh good action as always Captain. Hope I don’t sound too negative when I raise an issue, for me anyway : ) You guys have 168 and counting, so probably got it down pretty good :)

Just my impressions. : )

On test game 10. Bought some LCVs this time lol

P

• @barnee

Hi,

Concerning a damaged Carrier:

Example 1:
    A Japanese damaged Carrier is in sea zone 6. There are 5 Japanese Fighters in Japan and the Japanese Air Base in Japan is undamaged.

The US player launches an attack against sea zone 6.

The Japanese player chooses to scramble with 3 Fighters and has already allocated another 2 Fighters to protect the damaged Carrier.

Example 2:
    Japan has an undamaged Minor Industrial Complex in Shantung.

In Shantung there are 3 Japanese Fighters.

A Japanese damaged Carrier is in sea zone 19.

The Japanese player chooses to allocate 2 Fighters from Shantung to protect the damaged Carrier, since 2 UK Destroyers are able to reach the damaged Carrier if the UK player decides to attack.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

Is there a cap on allocated figs ? Must be if u can scramble figs from an AB.

Ya Barn keep you figs always in defense positions.

• @barnee

No worries:relaxed: :relaxed:

Issues should always be met with constructive consideration.

After all, it’s all about finding the best solutions - and still have fun & challenge.

By the way, I just checked our Global 1940 Game Recording List - and we’ve played 215 games of Global 1940 with the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

Out of these 215 games “only” 168 games are fully recorded with pictures and notes.

The initial 47 Global 1940 games are only partially recorded, since we had to convert the original Expansion Rules from Axis & Allies Classic, Revised and Spring 1942 into a version that was compatible with Global 1940.

Also, new features were added during this convertion, such as Strategic Rail Movement Capacity, Air Transports, Panzer Armies / Tank Armies and Army Groups - just to mention a few…

Our latest developement is the Global 1943 House Rules Expansion, which began in 2018 and ended earlier this year.

A Background Clarification will be attached to the Global 1943 thread - with some explanations of why we chose this Game Setup as well as the text in the Military Situation and Historical Situation.

• @the-captain what happens if an underground factory is purchased and then gets conquered that same turn ? Does the new owner get it as an underground factory ?

Example

Germany buys an underground for the minor in Normandy. They can’t destroy until next turn and the Americans land and conquer it before then.

Thanks

• @barnee
    Hi barnee,

Yes - an Underground Factory is conquered in the same way as regular IC. So, the Americans now have an Underground Factory according to your example.

You must control an Underground Factory from the start of your turn if you want to destroy it.

Advice:
    Germany should upgrade all Frontline Factories to Underground Factories as soon as possible - to be able to destroy them - and to prevent them from Strategic Bombing raids.

• @the-captain right on. Yea S France got dusted for 6 hits already. Woulda been cheaper to go underground. i just let it burn as i still have enough production space.

Had to send some Pnzr Grndrs into Normandy for defense a long with some Wehrmacht Inf Divisions. Should be able to hold it and detonate next turn.

Unfortunately SS PnzGrds coming next rd so I’ll miss out on a couple. All part of learning the game :)

Just finished J4 and no new bugs. Some minor Notes clarification to do but that can wait.

• @general-5-stars said in Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion:

Is there a cap on allocated figs ? Must be if u can scramble figs from an AB.

Ya Barn keep you figs always in defense positions.

Any cap on allocated fighters ?

@general-5-stars Hi General

It’s same as G 40 OOB mostly. So 3 per AB but you can upgrade the AB for 4 bucks and can then scramble 4.

I keep spacing that one. Think W Germany needs an upgrade lol. Problem is I went too heavy in N Africa with Rommel and 2.6 million Commie reserves ( 26 Inf ) are getting called up next turn.

Adolf already speeding up the Bunker construction lol

Edit
    Correction 3 bucks to upgrade the AB

@The-Captain

So Army Groups differ from Tank and Waffen Armies, Commisar Corps, as in that they cannot reform in NCM ? Is this correct ? Must be formed at turn start and stay formed for entire turn ?

Thanks

Edit

Also the Army Group itself can’t be taken as a casualty ? Just units within it.

I have to take it as a hit in triplea in order to deactivate it and then edit the extra kill after combat.

Just thinking out loud I guess :)

Edit 2

I guess in a battle to the death that could be a potential problem. I’ll have to think of the best way to play that. Idk, when it’s obvious, you could auto kill a bullet stopper before combat and roll separate for him, but if it’s close, hmm … have to think on it.

They might just end up being a little extra powerful. HQ goes down with pistols in hand lol

@barnee ok so as soon as enough hits are taken you have to take Army Group as a hit. That was already a given. If we get into a battle to the Death and only 1 unit is left that shoulda died, then edit kill him and return TTy to previous owner.

I think that’s the best we can do. You’ll still be getting that extra shooter the whole battle but … it’s just the way triplea rolls lol

oops getting threads confused again lol

• @the-captain said in Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion:

@barnee

Hi,

Concerning a damaged Carrier:

Example 1:
    A Japanese damaged Carrier is in sea zone 6. There are 5 Japanese Fighters in Japan and the Japanese Air Base in Japan is undamaged.

The US player launches an attack against sea zone 6.

The Japanese player chooses to scramble with 3 Fighters and has already allocated another 2 Fighters to protect the damaged Carrier.

Example 2:
    Japan has an undamaged Minor Industrial Complex in Shantung.

In Shantung there are 3 Japanese Fighters.

A Japanese damaged Carrier is in sea zone 19.

The Japanese player chooses to allocate 2 Fighters from Shantung to protect the damaged Carrier, since 2 UK Destroyers are able to reach the damaged Carrier if the UK player decides to attack.

I mean about figs in example 1.
    And you can only allocate figs to protect damaged BB and AC ?

@general-5-stars so the AB does it’s normal scramble 3, which is it’s max, and then the new rule lets you scramble/defend the CV/SZ with 2 more

Edit

I don’t think you can defend BBs with the extra 2

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m