• Well after reading the history on Sweden in WW2 and if its mostly true the Germans would of had a hard time just to keep Sweden plus had a huge army build up once war started,. The Germans  invaded Norway also to protect the iron/ore from allies attacking from that direction. So it looks like Ill give Germany that little island once activated and for the passage of German ships through the straits.
    If Germany wants to attack Sweden in game so be it.
    Also will give Germany a 1 time pass in game where German ground troops can cross Sweden while neutral into Norway.

Sweden also helped the allies but there huge army build up during the war gave them support to go both ways helping Germany and Allies even while neutral during the war.
    Crap they got planes from Italy too.

Ha looks like Sweden was the White Spy/Black Spy in WW2 if history was correct that I read.

• @SS:

In my game if you attack a Strict Neutral nothing happens to all the other neutrals.

That is historical correct, and its also the quintessence of being a neutral. Now, if you joined the war to fight on behalf of others, like UK and France did, then you never were a true neutral in the first place. Also, and I cant stress this enough, Italy, Russia and Japan were not true neutrals that had to be attacked before they could join the war, in fact they too were predators just like Germany and should be allowed to attack anyone from Turn 1.

• OK Narvik

Here is a pic of my change to Norway. Made it 3 territories now and added 1 icp value to middle territory, chip covering amount and split Finland into 2 territories and added 1 icp value. Plus I added the Sweden Island between the 3 sz.
    Now if history is right I have in game now Germany can make a 1 time combat or non combat through Swedens territory once in game. If Germany wants to transport troops through sz 19 into Finland they must control the Sweden Island to pass through the Straits without being an act of war.
    My weather chart has been changed also to affect any kind of Norway Movement in winter season and not. Its in above post at bottom of thread the weather chart Im going to use now in game. Moderized units move 1 in non winter and no movement in winter for Norway.

You can also reach Norway from Iceland and Greenland in 2 sz.

At least now with Oslo always being a VC worth 1 point towards victory conditions in game at least they can defend it without allies just blasting into Norway and then blasting to Leningrad.

As I said before I didnt add sz113 like on your chart and let me know if Sweden is suppose to be 2 territories. But according to your map drawing its not.

Thanks for the input and info.

image1(35).png

• Great map, you really got skills. But i think you misunderstand about the island, I dont talk about Gotland, I talk about Ã…land which is a Finnish island that block the approach into Bottenviken, or seazone 19 on your map. Se my map

815px-Scandinavia_location_map.svg_LI (4).jpg

• I cant find Aland island. Maybe I’m missing something here or need to look at on a computer

• @SS:

I cant find Aland island. Maybe I’m missing something here or need to look at on a computer

Aland is that spec of orange off the southwest coast of Finland on your map, closer to Sweden than Finland. The following is the Wikipedia map of Finland, with Aland highlighted in red at the bottom:

-Midnight_Reaper

• Then I remove Sweden island and put a Finland island more north I guess. Still kinda hard to see  Narvik just put a black dot on the island in your pic. I’m still leaving the rest of
    Map

• OK, I now post a new pic with the Ã…land islands circled to show why it block the approach into Bottenviken. This little detail may not look important in the scale of A&A, but it did effect the real war. If Stalin had only wanted Viborg then it would not be any problems or any Winter War. Ã…land is a tiny island, but its geo-strategical position is like Malta or Gibraltar, it control the important seaways. How would the Swedish iron ore, the iron that build the German war machine, move from Northern Sweden to Germany if Stalin closed the Ã…land strait with a minefield covered by coastal guns in Ã…land ? By aircraft ? I dont think so.

815px-Scandinavia_location_map.svg_LI (4).jpg

• OK. Its a Finland controlled island and its located on my map in SZ 19.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

I am glad we can welcome open discussion about whether the VITALLY CRITICAL STRATEGIC areas of NORWEG are inaccurately depicted on the map.    This seemingly minor country has been overlooked as a potential battleground and since it had the 8th largest sea-going force by tonnage, think that we need to give it several destroyer units as well as fishing boats units that can choose to capture COD or HERRING depending on the season, these fish can be exploited for their valuable OIL which is the reason that NORSKLAND has such a large offshore OIL industry and also has several varieties of SMOKED and PICKLED fish (with accompanying liquor resources) that should be represented as an in-game commodity.

ONce our re-evaluation of Scandinavia is complete, we should move to my homeland, the CENTRAL UNITED STATES which is ill-represented in terms of its full variety of strategic options and should be divided into no less than 12 zones depicting the DAKOTA regions, and some of the lesser-known parts of NORTHERN TEJAS AKA Kansas.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '18 Customizer

@taamvan said in The Polar Express:

I am glad we can welcome open discussion about whether the VITALLY CRITICAL STRATEGIC areas of NORWEG are inaccurately depicted on the map. This seemingly minor country has been overlooked as a potential battleground and since it had the 8th largest sea-going force by tonnage, think that we need to give it several destroyer units as well as fishing boats units that can choose to capture COD or HERRING depending on the season, these fish can be exploited for their valuable OIL which is the reason that NORSKLAND has such a large offshore OIL industry and also has several varieties of SMOKED and PICKLED fish (with accompanying liquor resources) that should be represented as an in-game commodity.

ONce our re-evaluation of Scandinavia is complete, we should move to my homeland, the CENTRAL UNITED STATES which is ill-represented in terms of its full variety of strategic options and should be divided into no less than 12 zones depicting the DAKOTA regions, and some of the lesser-known parts of NORTHERN TEJAS AKA Kansas.

Precisely! :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

If @Narvik gets Atland, then where are my freshwater, bootleg Aircraft Carriers for the glorious Great Lakes of my beautiful home state of Michigan!!?

Inconceivable!

• @vodot said in The Polar Express:

@taamvan said in The Polar Express:

I am glad we can welcome open discussion about whether the VITALLY CRITICAL STRATEGIC areas of NORWEG are inaccurately depicted on the map. This seemingly minor country has been overlooked as a potential battleground and since it had the 8th largest sea-going force by tonnage, think that we need to give it several destroyer units as well as fishing boats units that can choose to capture COD or HERRING depending on the season, these fish can be exploited for their valuable OIL which is the reason that NORSKLAND has such a large offshore OIL industry and also has several varieties of SMOKED and PICKLED fish (with accompanying liquor resources) that should be represented as an in-game commodity.

Precisely! :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

If @Narvik gets Atland, then where are my freshwater, bootleg Aircraft Carriers for the glorious Great Lakes of my beautiful home state of Michigan!!?

Inconceivable!

Yes his Atland is on my map now and those bootleg Aircraft Carriers are on my glorious Great Lake of Michigan off the coast of Kenosha, WI ! :smile:

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Michigan? I believe this area is better known to Europeans by its unofficial title, “Lesser Canada”

All the states North of the “Leinenkugel Line” are best identified as US-occupied areas captured from the Dominions of Canada during the Canuck War of 1913. This line is defined by whether liquor stores carry Leinenkugel beer in 30 packs as opposed to bottles.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@taamvan The Insurgency that destroyed Strohs still depresses me. Thank God for Schmidt and the free fishing lures.

• @vodot Need to make a North American map that can be used for the French & Indian War (or Seven Years’ War), American Revolution and War of 1812 that features Mackinac Island controlling the strait linking Lake Michigan with Lake Huron. For the 1812 scenario Britain will already be set up to take the fort on the first turn.

• @General-Veers said in The Polar Express:

@vodot Need to make a North American map that can be used for the French & Indian War (or Seven Years’ War), American Revolution and War of 1812 that features Mackinac Island controlling the strait linking Lake Michigan with Lake Huron. For the 1812 scenario Britain will already be set up to take the fort on the first turn.

haha awesome

• PantherP Panther locked this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m