This thread was hijacked and no longer holds relevance

• Sponsor

This thread was hijacked and no longer holds relevance

• '17 '16

That one seems just too restricting compared to OOB:
    Regular Infantry
    -May not conduct an Amphibious Assault unless combined with an elite infantry unit.

Gaining 1 pip on offense with Elite Infantry can be enough to use with Tank in amphibious assault.

• Sponsor

@Baron:

Regular Infantry
    -May not conduct an Amphibious Assault unless combined with an elite infantry unit.

Gaining 1 pip on offense with Elite Infantry can be enough to use with Tank in amphibious assault.

Sorry Baron, I messed up the original post… it’s been edited now.

• '17 '16

@Young:

@Baron:

Regular Infantry

Does not seems to be changed.
    Are you sure regular infantry is A1  D1 ?

• Didn’t see this post yet.
    For me

Light Inf A1 D1 M1 C2
    Reg Inf  A1 D2 M1 C3
    Elite Inf. A2 D2 M1 C4

Light/Reg Inf +1 A with Art
    Elite Inf +1 A with Art first round only.

• Sponsor

@Baron:

@Young:

@Baron:

Regular Infantry

Does not seems to be changed.
    Are you sure regular infantry is A1  D1 ?

Yes, Att 1/8 and Def 1/8… cost is 2 IPCs

• Sponsor

@SS:

Didn’t see this post yet.
    For me

Light Inf A1 D1 M1 C2
    Reg Inf  A1 D2 M1 C3
    Elite Inf. A2 D2 M1 C4

The differences between the 2 infantry units listed go beyond just their Att and Def values… the idea of a special infantry that is the only unit that can do special operations, where the Regular infantry are just scared kids and old farmers.

• '17 '16

Due to impact of hit per IPCs
    Regular infantry at 2 IPCs will be twice stronger:
    144*12.5%/4 = 4.5

Elite Infantry at 4 IPCs
    144*25%/16 = 2.25

Any 2 IPCs unit (Militia, Partisan or whatelse) is a real can of worms…
    Except for China, I would not go there.

• '17

I think regular infantry should still defend at 2 which is still less odds than on a 6 sided dice.

I think the other restrictions are ok, however, I personally don’t care for them.

Russia at times can only purchase infantry. I don’t think they should be nerfed this way and have to spend 4 IPCs for a better defending unit.

• @Dauvio:

Young Grasshopper, with all due respect you are not equip to modifying existing units, or adding new units to the game. You need to use the ENIGMA (vann) FORMULAS to do that. I’ve been doing this before you ever got into A&A. If you want to make the game better like I do, then we have to all work together.

Sometimes you frustrate me, we are like water, and oil together, SAD.

WT$ dude !

• Sponsor

@Dauvio:

Young Grasshopper, with all due respect you are not equip to modifying existing units, or adding new units to the game. You need to use the ENIGMA (vann) FORMULAS to do that. I’ve been doing this before you ever got into A&A. If you want to make the game better like I do, then we have to all work together.

You are officially weird without a doubt!… do me a favour and stay off my threads weirdo!

• Sponsor

@Dauvio:

@Young:

@Dauvio:

You are officially weird without a doubt!… do me a favour and stay off my threads weirdo!

You are a hypocrite, you are arrogant, and ignorant!!! I will attack you on your ideas on using different sided dice, modifying existing units, and adding new units to the game because you don’t know what the hell what you are doing!!! Why I am doing this because I am very passionate about A&A!!! You need to wise up boy!!!  :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Ya know what?.. I had a really bad day today, I got diced so hard in G40 I had to quit at the start of round 4, it poured rain on me while I was walking my dog, my Montreal Canadiens lost in overtime to the Toronto Maple Leafs, and I got attacked in the “House Rule” forum for sharing ideas and modifying units…

I think it’s time for me to take a break.

… the floor is yours weirdo!

• @Dauvio:

@Young:

@Dauvio:

@Young:

@Dauvio:

You are a hypocrite, you are arrogant, and ignorant!!! I will attack you on your ideas on using different sided dice, modifying existing units, and adding new units to the game because you don’t know what the hell what you are doing!!! Why I am doing this because I am very passionate about A&A!!! You need to wise up boy!!!  :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Ya know what?.. I had a really bad day today, I got diced so hard in G40 I had to quit at the start of round 4, it poured rain on me while I was walking my dog, my Montreal Canadiens lost in overtime to the Toronto Maple Leafs, and I got attacked in the “House Rule” forum for sharing ideas and modifying units…

Sorry that you had a bad day my friend, as a fellow christian I’ll be praying for you.

BACK TO BUSINESS.
    Now let experts handle this kind of stuff, you are not qualify, you are a greenhorn, you need help with this. I’ve been playing this game since the game came out. Where were you at that time, in grade school.

AND YES I AM A EXPERT IN THIS FIELD, AND I DON’T CARE WHAT ANYBODY HAS TO SAY!!!  :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

@Dauvio:

@Young:

@Dauvio:

@Young:

@Dauvio:

Sorry that you had a bad day my friend, as a fellow christian I’ll be praying for you.

BACK TO BUSINESS.
    Now let experts handle this kind of stuff, you are not qualify, you are a greenhorn, you need help with this. I’ve been playing this game since the game came out. Where were you at that time, in grade school.

AND YES I AM A EXPERT IN THIS FIELD, AND I DON’T CARE WHAT ANYBODY HAS TO SAY!!!  :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

VANN Damm what is your problem ? You must be missing a couple of no.10 screws.
    Wether YG and you are right or wrong you don�t have the right to bash somebody on this site like your doing. If you disagree with something you don�t come on here and bash them, call them names and being vulgar as hell.

What YG has done for the game and site you will never get even close to what YG has done ever !

Big D and Modarators this guy needs to be banned now PERIOD !

• Nobody uses Van shoes formula FOR ANYTHING!!!

Its’ all Larry-Marx bro.

• '17 '16

@SS:

Wether YG and you are right or wrong you don’t have the right to bash somebody on this site like your doing. If you disagree with something you don’t come on here and bash them, call them names and being vulgar as hell.

What YG has done for the game and site you will never get even close to what YG has done ever !

Amen to this.

And I would add that without toying with ideas, even crazy ones, there would not be any Submarine under water or plane flying to the air.

If you disagree with something, then show your point and argue for the better.
    Free speech is essential for democratic world.

There is something to learn from out-of-place units. Once, even IL suggested Larry Harris to add Anti-Aircraft to Cruiser but it did not make the cut. And I bet this can be frustrating, but on Houserule, every one is like the master designer of his own game. And still, without “obsolete Cruiser”, A&A would miss a lot of interesting and original threads and ideas. You had to live with this Vann.

YG is a well respected member of the A&A community and he deserved a better treatment.

• '17 '16

@SS:

Didn�t see this post yet.
    For me

Light Inf A1 D1 M1 C2
    Reg Inf  A1 D2 M1 C3
    Elite Inf. A2 D2 M1 C4

A1 for 2 IPCs makes it the best attacking units, period.

In D8 system,
    Cost 2 units can be A1, for 1/8144/2^2=  36/8 or 4.50 attack strength.
    Cost 3 units must be A2, for 2/8
    144/3^2 = 36/9 or 4.00 attack strength.
    Cost 3  units with A1, will be 1/8144/3^2 = 18/9 or 2.00 attack strength.
    Cost 4 units, even A3, will be weaker than C3 A2 unit:
    3/8
    144/4^2 = 54/16 = 3.375 attack strength.

This means it will always be better for 6 IPCs to purchase 3 A1 C2 units over 2 A2 C3 units.
    Still for 12 IPCs, 6 A1 C2 units (4.50) > 4 A2 C3 units (4.00) > 3 A3 C4 (3.375).

• @Baron:

@SS:

For me

Light Inf A1 D1 M1 C2
    Reg Inf  A1 D2 M1 C3
    Elite Inf. A2 D2 M1 C4

In D8 system,
    Cost 2 units can be A1, for 1/8144/2^2=  36/8 or 4.50 attack strength.
    Cost 3  units with A1, will be 1/8144/3^2 = 18/9 or 2.00 attack strength.
    3/8

This means it will always be better for 6 IPCs to purchase 3 A1 C2 units over 2 A2 C3 units.
    Still for 12 IPCs, 6 A1 C2 units (4.50) > 4 A2 C3 units (4.00) > 3 A3 C4 (3.375).

Where do you get 144 in your formula?

• BAN HIM

• '17 '16

@Wildcat6305:

@Baron:

@SS:

For me

Light Inf A1 D1 M1 C2
    Reg Inf  A1 D2 M1 C3
    Elite Inf. A2 D2 M1 C4

In D8 system,
    Cost 2 units can be A1, for 1/8144/2^2=  36/8 or 4.50 attack strength.
    Cost 3  units with A1, will be 1/8144/3^2 = 18/9 or 2.00 attack strength.
    3/8

Where do you get 144 in your formula?

This number is the arbitrary unit of reference cost, 144 provides more well rounded numbers.
    What the Enigma formula does is to put all figures on the same scale.

144 is 12^2, meaning that if all units hypothetically cost 12 IPCs for 1 hit, what would be the strength?
    12 is Cruiser and StB cost. So, for these 2 units, strength (oddshit) will be same as odds.
    On YG D8 for instance, CA and StB are @5 for 5/8 odds or 0.625.
    5/8
    144/12^2 = 5/8
    So, a C6 Tank 4/8 or 50% or 3/6 OOB is  4 times stronger than OOB Cruiser (0.50):
    50%*144/6^2 = 2.00

Of course, they never fight against each other. But in DK’s HR StB attack 3 on D6 against ground units,  so you can say that StBs are 4 times weaker than Tank for the cost.

I could have choose 1 multiplier (1^2) but this give uneasy to handle numbers and there is no A&A unit that give 1 hit for 1 IPC.

• @Dauvio:

@Young:

@Dauvio:

You are a hypocrite, you are arrogant, and ignorant!!! I will attack you on your ideas on using different sided dice, modifying existing units, and adding new units to the game because you don’t know what the hell what you are doing!!! Why I am doing this because I am very passionate about A&A!!! You need to wise up boy!!!  :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m