• Playing online now.  Download Triple A.

• @Karl7:

@Karl7:

@Curtmungus:

Bidding is for losers…. let it roll, bro!  If you can’t win without 30 bucks extra on the board, then go home.

uh, ok, you ever even play G40 2nd against a real opponent?

Dude, don’t even question me like that. I’ve been killing it at A&A probably while you were still playing Risk at mommy’s house and thinking “that’s a big game”…

Also, what’s with your pic?  Marx was a bad dude. Got it ALL wrong. You need to change it. Seriously.  Maybe Hugo Chavez would do you better given how presumptuous you are…

• Dude, don’t even question me like that. I’ve been killing it at A&A probably while you were still playing Risk at mommy’s house and thinking “that’s a big game”…

Also, what’s with your pic?  Marx was a bad dude. Got it ALL wrong. You need to change it. Seriously.  Maybe Hugo Chavez would do you better given how presumptuous you are…

First of all, lets keep this civil.  Second, I am interested to know what Allied strategies you employ and what Axis strategies you face.  In your group when does Germany attack Russia?  Has Sealion been attempted/feigned?  What round does Japan DOW? Most importantly, in your opinion, why are you successful as the Allies?  What is it that you do that others on this forum don’t that leads you to believe that no bid is necessary?  Sorry about the barrage of questions, but I am trying to understand your situation and why you believe that the game is balanced out of box.

• Sponsor

Looks like Gargantua has some competition for the title of axis&allies.org villain.

• @Young:

Looks like Gargantua has some competition for the title of axis&allies.org villain.

“Gargantua?”  What kind of name is that?  I trample on such little people!  The Lord Curtmungus will not be assailed.  I am a herald and ambassador of the TRUE AXIS AND ALLIES WAY OF LIFE!

All who question or detract from me only bring questions down upon themselves about whether they are truly dedicated to THE GAME.

• @Curtmungus:

@Young:

"Gargantua?"  What kind of name is that?  I trample on such little people!  The Lord Curtmungus will not be assailed.  I am a herald and ambassador of the TRUE AXIS AND ALLIES WAY OF LIFE!Â

All who question or detract from me only bring questions down upon themselves about whether they are truly dedicated to THE GAME.

Is this guy for real  :-D :-D :roll:

• Sponsor

@Curtmungus:

@Young:

“Gargantua?”  What kind of name is that?  I trample on such little people!  The Lord Curtmungus will not be assailed.  I am a herald and ambassador of the TRUE AXIS AND ALLIES WAY OF LIFE!

LOL

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Curtmungus:

@Young:

“Gargantua?”  What kind of name is that?  I trample on such little people!  The Lord Curtmungus will not be assailed.  I am a herald and ambassador of the TRUE AXIS AND ALLIES WAY OF LIFE!

I’m gravely disappointed. What a puny post.

I expected the ayatollah of rockin rolla, a warrior of the wasteland, and instead… I get you???

…from your posts I can already see there has been too much violence, too much pain.   Just walk away… and there will be an end to the horror!

And even though you can run, you can’t hide from Gargantua!  I challenge you to a DUEL of fates and identities!  Fear is my ally!

What an honorable compromise!

And for those of you who don’t know. the wasteland has been and always will be MY domain!

• I back Gargantua vs that new guy. And like a true Benito, I will feast on his corpse after big brother Hitler/Gargantua kills him.

• Sponsor

< A&A.org’s Saint

• @Young:

< A&A.org’s Saint

Oh, saint young grasshopper, please have mercy on a lowly A&A player and by thy grace allow me to have good dice rolls.  :lol:

• @Gargantua:

@Curtmungus:

@Young:

“Gargantua?”  What kind of name is that?  I trample on such little people!  The Lord Curtmungus will not be assailed.  I am a herald and ambassador of the TRUE AXIS AND ALLIES WAY OF LIFE!

I’m gravely disappointed. What a puny post.

I expected the ayatollah of rockin rolla, a warrior of the wasteland, and instead… I get you???

…from your posts I can already see there has been too much violence, too much pain.   Just walk away… and there will be an end to the horror!

And even though you can run, you can’t hide from Gargantua!  I challenge you to a DUEL of fates and identities!  Fear is my ally!

What an honorable compromise!

And for those of you who don’t know. the wasteland has been and always will be MY domain!

What is the wasteland but thatched huts, where brigands drink in the reek and their brats roll on the floor with the dogs… gibbets and crows for all of you!  :evil:

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

• @Gargantua:

That’s basically correct!

NERDS!

• Idi Amin was right about you guys here at A&A.org… scared of strong guys, afraid of trash talk, hiding behind a game of plastic toys…

Come on bros!  Get down to the gym!  Put some 45s on and pound away!

• Official Q&A

Lighten up, Francis!

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Boys, I think we done been trolled!!!

The only wargames we play are on a battlefield of lines traced in the dust at the foot of the ruins of a thousand destroyed civilizations, with spent shell casings and pull-tabs as our only supporters.

• '17

@Zhukov44:

On TripleA live 1-1 Global 2nd edition, don’t take Allies for less than 20 (bid to Allies). � Unless you don’t mind being Allies and losing.� � The convention is to bid units, 1 unit per territory, on territories/seazones that start with Allied units.� � Typically, players choose units that will strengthen UK1 attacks or G1 defenses (fig to Scotland, sub to sz98, etc).� �

The “G40 balanced mod” can be played w/o a bid, though there may be a small bid to one side or another to choose sides.

If you’re having trouble figuring out how to be competitive, you can watch other people’s games on the lobby and check out the game histories for ideas.

“Don’t take allies for less than 20…”

Zukov, I’ll take allies against you for 19. I don’t mind being Allies and losing since it helps me continue to get better. Right now on triplea live, only 1 or 2 people I regularly play with are beating me. Against two league players I’ve lost as the allies. I’ve found myself in group think lately in the game. Playing other good Axis players I haven’t before sheds new light and ideas. I will follow this post up with a PM.

Ichabod

• '17

Next time we play Galendae we can switch sides. I’ll take allies no bid.

• '17

I agree Shawdowhawk. Dice are a huge factor. That’s why I think the allies need a little bit of an advantage in the beginning. However, there are moments when a bid wouldn’t matter or not…take the following for an example:

I lost a game last night playing the axis where if it was a no-bid game, the allies would still easily have won. The dice results were the equivalent of a better bid.

G1: Yugoslavia killed 5 German infantry…wow 5 hits. Lost a fighter in SZ110. Paris cut into 2 artillery and I didn’t go light (like Normandy or S. France). Germany could recover, but it lost above average.

J1: J1 DOW. At Yunnan, I didn’t go extremely light. Attacked with 2 inf/1 artillery, 1 fig/1 tac / 1 strat. bomber. What are the odds of not rolling a single hit 2x in a row. On my 3rd roll, I was down to 1 artillery. I rolled 2 hits. The Chinese 4 infantry luckily only just rolled 1. China held Yunnan with 2 infantry. China was a huge problem in the game by turn 3.

I4: I kept going on this game as I don’t like to quit even though it seemed unlikely to win. Germany was going to kill a huge stack at Belarus on G5 (but it was still an odds battle, like 86%), however, I called the game before that. For some rare reason Italy was doing well. Cairo was captured on round 3. On I4, there was a stack of UK forces at Sudan. My opponent miscalculated because Italy had a 90% chance. Also, if Italy won this battle, than Cairo was forever to be held in the game because Italy would have been able to make it to the Persian factory. Italy attacked this 90% odds battle and lost miserably. Now the UK could easily get Cairo back because it was going to get linked up with a lot of planes. Simultaneously on I4, Italy was doing a landing at Trans-Jordan, 72% chance battle and lost that one too. Italy getting strong was my only hope to recover the game because at this point the US could go 100% against Europe Axis side.

The dice were bad the whole game…but at least it was all in the same game :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m