2017 League General Discussion Thread

• '15 '14

If the forum is out of space one cannot attach files anymore. However, the current problem occurred before already, too. I assume someone informed Djensen?

• '22 '16

Question about BM.  Its turn 2 and ANZAC in not at war in the pacific yet.  Vichy rules are in effect. Can ANZAC take FIC and what are the political ramifications of that? Thanks.

• '19 '17

@majikforce:

Question about BM.  Its turn 2 and ANZAC in not at war in the pacific yet.  Vichy rules are in effect. Can ANZAC take FIC and what are the political ramifications of that? Thanks.

Yes they can and no political ramifications.

• '19 '17 '16

Hmm. If it was a friendly neutral you wouldn’t be able to because you aren’t at war on the pacific map.

Not long ago I undid a move to do this because I thought it was illegal.

• There’s no such thing as being at war on only one map for UK/ANZAC

UK/ANZAC begins the game at war with Germany and Italy, so can take pro-Axis neutral territories anywhere in the world

There’s no difference between UK/India taking FIC, or ANZAC taking FIC

• '19 '17 '16

Checked the rulebook and it seems you’re right there. Being at war only on one map only applies to the USSR! There you go.

• '19 '17 '16

Dice server seems to be down again.

• '19 '17 '16

No sooner have I said is it back.

• '22 '16

Question:  Allies have done the neutral crush.  Axis occupies turkey and attacks to iraq.  Battle is won by the axis.  Can a mech move from turkey through iraq and activate saudia arabia?  Thanks.

• '19 '17

@majikforce:

Question:  Allies have done the neutral crush.  Axis occupies turkey and attacks to iraq.  Battle is won by the axis.  Can a mech move from turkey through iraq and activate saudia arabia?  Thanks.

Yeah, Combat and Non-Combat are 2 separate phases. It’s not the same situation as a tank activating Persia by going through NW Persia or Eastern Persia still unoccupied.

• @Adam514:

@majikforce:

Yeah, Combat and Non-Combat are 2 separate phases. It’s not the same situation as a tank activating Persia by going through NW Persia or Eastern Persia still unoccupied.

Wait, so you can go through a territory that you just took on that turn? I don’t understand how this isn’t a really cheap version of blitzing

Saudi Arabia was unreachable at the beginning of Germany’s turn, they captured a territory with a minor IC during combat,  and then can move another unit through the just captured territory during NCM to get to SA? Is that really allowed?  Seems pretty cheeky

• '19 '17

@Talleyrand19:

@Adam514:

@majikforce:

Wait, so you can go through a territory that you just took on that turn? I don’t understand how this isn’t a really cheap version of blitzing

Saudi Arabia was unreachable at the beginning of Germany’s turn, they captured a territory with a minor IC during combat,  and then can move another unit through the just captured territory during NCM to get to SA? Is that really allowed?  Seems pretty cheeky

Yes you can, just like you can clear a dd blocker and move past it. Combat occurs before Non-Combat so it makes sense.

• I know, I thought the same thing when I first learned that, Talleyrand

Now exploit and enjoy!

• '22 '16

Think of it for other scenarios in the game.  Have you ever cleared Burma with UK and then reinforced Yunnan with mechs or tanks from India?

• Sea and Land are way too different to use that as a comparison, still think the rule is cheeky as hell, but rules are rules

• During the noncombat phase, the territory is friendly.  Simple as that.

Not to be confused with the fact (Adam pointed it out) you can’t pass through a FRIENDLY neutral in the non-com phase

• Yeah,  it is what it is…guess my thinking was similar to why you can’t land planes in newly captured because you haven’t established an “airfield” yet, so why would there be viable roadways through a newly captured territory either…surely you could land planes on the roadways then…learn a new rule every time I play… thanks for clarifying

• I wanted to gather some thoughts on Italy turn 1. BM 2

Already had a Taranto attack on round 1, I did not scramble and as per the RNG i did not hit anything. i am curious as to thoughts on what other people might do with the rest of the Italian navy, all that is left is a cruiser, DD, and SS, TT. Do i blow up whats already in sz 97 with all Italy has?

do I take gibraltar and greece in unison for the income?

or what is option 3?

not enough to take troops to take Egypt… just stack in alexandria for a turn or two…

I only ask because of the zero hits. And now because of that there is 2 fighters, a tactical bomber, and a bomber in Malta. And in sz 97 a carrier with 2 planes on it, a DD and a cruiser. Guy has six UK planes down in the med.

thought i would ask opinions, i expected to loose the battle, but not get zero hits.

I could legit take Gib, and Greece for money- likely bad and only have gib for so long with just 2 units there for round 1-

Just thought i would get everyones thoughts…I hate wasting the units…

• Depends on what happened G1, but if you have tons of German air, a common response is to ignore 97 with Italy entirely and hit it with plenty of German air.  Maybe you can even get a 1 round kill.  This is not always the best answer - sometimes it is to suicide the Italians into Z97 - maybe just go for 1 round and retreat so you can save something?  Then finish off with Germans

This is not necessarily optimal, but it might be, depending on what your board looks like.  Remember that the UK fighters on the carriers in 97 have nowhere to land, so once that carrier’s damaged, you can retreat and the 2 fighters will splash

Just getting the ball rolling, there are other options as well, maybe others will add thoughts

• You may have been very wise to not scramble, in hindsight!  What if the planes had whiffed too???

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m