• You don’t have to quote German law, it’s a well known globally what law they have, all you had to do is say “I’m German”.

I’m still waiting to see all the WWII movies replace German uniform armsleeves with crosses… it’s coming, I’m sure.

Anyways, keep up the good work to all you modders, Dedo, IL and others.

• IL, your map for AA50 is beautiful. I recently purchased the 2017 AA50 box and having been a long time classic AnA player, I got to say this one is excellent. We have a small group of former Mil/LEO players and your map will be a blast to use. I thank you for sharing it. My question is what size do you suggest for best play? We currently have a 4’ x 8’ table we use for miniatures war games and we have plexiglass that covers the entire table. Thanks again.

• I think my file prints out at double the OOB size. 8x4 is a bit large, but i did one map that large in the past. Only use “Showfloor” material, which is superior to any other rollup

• Mine is printed out to 3 x 6 feet Plenty of room.

• Awesome, thanks.

• @Imperious:

I think my file prints out at double the OOB size. 8x4 is a bit large, but i did one map that large in the past. Only use “Showfloor” material, which is superior to any other rollup

IL, did you take your maps to a local shop to do the work, or did you do it through an online shop? Do you have more info on “showfloor” material? I’m always looking for better options… our group plays AA50 almost exclusively now (we just don’t have time for Global anymore as much as we love it)… we’re looking to get a good map printed and going over all the options… we want our AA50 map to be the best.

• AAA.flagandbanner.com

Phone number (818) 784-9846 ask for Ramon tell them to print with ‘Showfloor’… what is it?

Its a printable flooring material used by plays, film, and dance halls. It does not wrinkle and it wont stain and much better than roll ups. And roll ups are something i have been using since 2004. This is a step up and its not really more expensive

• @Imperious:

Its a printable flooring material used by plays, film, and dance halls. It does not wrinkle and it wont stain and much better than roll ups. And roll ups are something i have been using since 2004. This is a step up and its not really more expensive

Reminds me of a story told by Ken Adam, the production designer for Doctor Strangelove and for several James Bond films.  In the 1970s, he was doing the production design for an Italian movie whose sets were supposed to include a marble-floored office.  His initial plan was to use fake marble, which would have been standard operating procedure in Hollywood.  Then he found out that in Italy real marble is cheaper than fake marble…so he used the real stuff.

• @Imperious:

AAA.flagandbanner.com

Phone number (818) 784-9846 ask for Ramon tell them to print with ‘Showfloor’… what is it?

I really appreciate the info… so if I went that route, I can also roll it up and store it in a maptube (cylindrical) case? That’s what I do with my other printed maps… i know you mentioned roll ups, but i gotta make darn sure we’re both talking about the same thing here… i’m very interested in doing exactly what you’re talking about if I can roll that sucker up when not in use.

Once again IL, thanks for that info!

• They can print it and mail it in a tube to your home. don’t worry. Just tell Ramon maximum DPI on showfloor mailed in tube

100%

• @Imperious:

AAA.flagandbanner.com

I tried that website but for the last two days it says down of maintenance.

• no. you call speak with ramon, he will get you started

• What’s approx cost?

• he said to ask him by CALLING HIM.

• Two things I thought was odd about North America was the lack of the fifth Great Lake (Lake Ontario) and placing our national capital where Quebec City is located. :-(

It is like placing Washington DC in South Carolina/Paris in Amsterdam or Berlin in Warsaw.

• @robert:

Two things I thought was odd about North America was the lack of the fifth Great Lake (Lake Ontario) and placing our national capital where Quebec City is located. :-(

It is like placing Washington DC in South Carolina/Paris in Amsterdam or Berlin in Warsaw.

Tokyo and Honolulu are also wrong.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

For the once liking the OOB map. Here is my scan of the 2nd edition map:
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=41446.0

When I have the time (my focus is currently on some Global 1940 customizations) I want to update at least the Iwo Jima and Honolulu mistake.

But looking at geography ‘errors’ don’t get me started on the Dutch East Indies and the fake islands they came up with.  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m