Global War, 2nd edition - due 1\. November 2015

• I got the E-mail with set-up and reference sheets yesterday (after I E-mailed HBG), but there was no Anzac National Ref Sheet (seems like there should be one). Just wondering if this was the case for everyone else, or did it get omitted just for me?

• Just an observation, the ref materials and set-up sheets look great (very colorful), but couldn’t they have been condensed. The Nation Ref Sheets for each nation are 2 pages and some 3 pages. There is a lot of material on those sheets, but as a “quick” reference guide reformatted to one sheet probably could have been done. Same with the build charts IMO, one sheet would have been great so you’re not flipping pages all the time. If both the Nat Ref Sheet and build sheets were one page each you could have put them back to back in a protective sheet so each player/nation would have one 2 sided page to use during games instead of flipping through 4 to 5 pages. Like I said its just an observation, but I will look to do this on my own (unless someone else wants to take the time and share LOL) :-D

Plus the fact that including the rules there are well over 100 pages to print off, but again to me it would be more about a quicker reference guide while playing so I’m not flipping pages constantly. I think both the set-up (including the neutrals) could also have been condensed to save ink as well.

Coach please don’t take this the wrong way, from what I’ve seen you guys have done a great job. This is just feedback intended to help streamline the necessary written materials to play this awesome game and reduce some of the clutter around the playing area (which just forced me to buy a frigging ping pong table so I could convert it to play on BTW) .

• Going to play this over Thanksgiving I am sure. Couple questions for clarity.

1. Only Aircraft Carriers are listed as a capitol ship. Typically Battleship would be as well, heavy cruisers could be based on size. However this might be intentional to restrict capitol ships to CVs. Are CVs (not lights) the only capitol Ships?

2. On the US setup a CV is listed as starting in the 3 box with 12 owed and a CA in the 3 box with 8 owed. I may be confused but shouldn’t the CV be in the 4 box if 12 is owed?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Warwick:

1. Only Aircraft Carriers are listed as a capitol ship. Typically Battleship would be as well, heavy cruisers could be based on size. However this might be intentional to restrict capitol ships to CVs. Are CVs (not lights) the only capitol Ships?

I read the rulebook last night and when they defined “Capital Ship” they included both carriers and battleships. Light carriers were not, and should not be, considered capital ships. The rules do make this distinction in the Unit Section (12) but not in that preliminary capital ship definition.

• @WILD:

I got the E-mail with set-up and reference sheets yesterday (after I E-mailed HBG), but there was no Anzac National Ref Sheet (seems like there should be one). Just wondering if this was the case for everyone else, or did it get omitted just for me?

Same thing for me. No Anzac.

How many pages, should there be in total? There were 63 pages of rules, and I have 50 pages of the setup, minus Anzac.

Is this what every one else has?

I have total of 113 pages to be exact.

• @LHoffman:

@Warwick:

I read the rulebook last night and when they defined “Capital Ship” they included both carriers and battleships. Light carriers were not, and should not be, considered capital ships. The rules do make this distinction in the Unit Section (12) but not in that preliminary capital ship definition.

Thanks for the information. I missed that on the first pass and must have been blind when I tried to review the rules for a definition. The build charts were the source of my confusion as they list CV as a capitol ship but not for BB.

@Warwick:

Thanks for the information. I missed that on the first pass and must have been blind when I tried to review the rules for a definition. The build charts were the source of my confusion as they list CV as a capitol ship but not for BB.

No prob. I noticed a few inconsistencies myself. The information wasn’t outright contradictory, but it can be confusing when certain items (like battleships and carriers being capital ships) are not represented the same at different points in the rules or set up.

• @John:

How many pages, should there be in total? There were 63 pages of rules, and I have 50 pages of the setup, minus Anzac.

Yea that’s what I got 63 rules and 50 other for 113 pages total (no Anz)

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@WILD:

@John:

I will send ANZAC tonight.
    We do appreciate any constructive critique, we are working are formatting the reference info even better.
    We will also update and issues with the rules in the near future, we do not want to have updates or fixes every week so we will fix them and then have an updated rules set.

@coachofmany:

@WILD:

@John:

I will send ANZAC tonight.
    We do appreciate any constructive critique, we are working are formatting the reference info even better.
    We will also update and issues with the rules in the near future, we do not want to have updates or fixes every week so we will fix them and then have an updated rules set.

Thanks Coach. Appreciate you. :-)

@WILD:

@John:

Thanks for the confirmation, Wild Bill.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

When you receive your map and play aids, please give us some feedback. We are quite proud ourself but we are bias.

• Map and aids just got delivered to work, but its my day off LOL. I’ll be picking it up tonight.

• Have the games shipped yet?

• Some have and some not. I’m one of thee nots.
    Probably going in order date.
    You should be able to see if its shipped in your account and you will get an e-mail when shipped.

• Does HBG have a ‘offical’ color for Spanish Republicans? I have used Plum which has a good variety of land and air units but no naval. Would adding a destroyer, cruiser, and transport be possible for this color line?

@Warwick:

Does HBG have a ‘offical’ color for Spanish Republicans? I have used Plum which has a good variety of land and air units but no naval. Would adding a destroyer, cruiser, and transport be possible for this color line?

The French set will come in French Blue and Plum, but it will be a while before that set is here. German set is just now in preorder stage and the Facility set is up next.

The French set will have everything, infantry, ground forces, naval and air, but like I said, it maybe a while.

Warwick, HBG says the French set will come sometime in 2016. That is what they told me before. I’m going to assume later in 2016.

I hope that answers part of your question.

PS They are also doing the French set in a Free French Light Blue, as well.

• Thanks John. I will keep a look out for that sets release.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m