• It seems like people here have vastly different experiences with Axis strength. This game is for die hards only so I assume everyone has played a few hundred games of A+A.

The only thing I can see is that people are probably misinterpreting rules. Either we are or others on this board is. Or maybe people like to play historically instead of exploiting weaknesses?

The game was 60/40 for Axis and now its 40/60 for Axis, maybe even 35/65 with the 7.1 clarifications.

We going to read the rules and dissect to see if we misreading. No one can ever drop Moscow now but it seems like everyone says it’s easy to take.

Even in 6.1 we only dropped Moscow 1 time in 10 games.

• I don’t think moscow is easy to take, but the axis dont need to take it if they get the other 2 russian vc’s.

• @Tigerman77:

Global 7.1v will be on BGG this weekend but i’m giving it out through these links for those who need them for Friday and Saturday games.

https://www.mediafire.com/?xwwtgw919ki6oxf

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o763zz0ot9301c7/GW39_Setup_7oz.1.pdf

Have been looking on boardgamegeek, and cannot find the setup or the rules. Am I missing something??

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Larrie:

@Tigerman77:

Global 7.1v will be on BGG this weekend but i’m giving it out through these links for those who need them for Friday and Saturday games.

https://www.mediafire.com/?xwwtgw919ki6oxf

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o763zz0ot9301c7/GW39_Setup_7oz.1.pdf

The latest rules are 7.0 on boardgamegeek. Tigerman77 says 7.1 setup and rules won’t be on there until they finalize the clarifications, but you can view the links to them on the first page of this thread.

I hope that helps. :-)

Have been looking on boardgamegeek, and cannot find the setup or the rules. Am I missing something??

• Hi All,
    Really hoping someone can help me out.
    If I purchase the map from HBG here: ‘historicalboardgaming.c0m/Global-War-1939_c_170.html’
    Am I getting the most up to date map/board?

I own both Pac and Eur 1940  edition 2 games, what do I need in addition to the pieces from those games to play the 1939 game?
    If anyone could put together a list or direct me to an existing list that’d be wonderful!

Thanks in advance for the help/guidance!

• you should be good to go.  the only thing i use in addition to the pieces from 1940, are the german pillboxes from dday to represent fortifications

@cwglee:

Hi All,
    If I purchase the map from HBG here: ‘historicalboardgaming.c0m/Global-War-1939_c_170.html’

I own both Pac and Eur 1940 � edition 2 games, what do I need in addition to the pieces from those games to play the 1939 game?
    If anyone could put together a list or direct me to an existing list that’d be wonderful!

You need the 1939 Global Supplement Pack for all the other countries that HBG sales. It is on their website. I would provide you link, but I’m not good at that sort of thing.

It has all the pro allies, pro axis and neutral countries involved as well as the roundels, you need. :-)

• Customizer

cwglee,

@John:

@cwglee:

Hi All,

I own both Pac and Eur 1940 �� edition 2 games, what do I need in addition to the pieces from those games to play the 1939 game?

You need the 1939 Global Supplement Pack for all the other countries that HBG sales. It is on their website. I would provide you link, but I’m not good at that sort of thing.

It has all the pro allies, pro axis and neutral countries involved as well as the roundels, you need. :-)

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com
    **––When you are on the Historical Board Gaming website,…look at the menus in the top, left margin and click on the one labelled “HBG Global War Exp. Sets”. At this moment the “Global Warfare Supplement Set” that you need is the only listing.
    ----You can also download (free) all of the “HBG CUSTOM MARKER RULES”. These will help you know everything you’ll possibly use in the game. I hope this helps. You will probably want to buy some of the “roundels” for the new UNITS and COUNTRIES available.
    ----The complete “Global Warfare-1939” Rules can be downloaded (free) from the Board Game Geek website. The Rules are presently undergoing another up-date which will be made available (free) here on A&A.Org
    ----IMHO this “Global Warfare-1939” is the BEST varient and probably the FUTURE of Axis & Allies gaming.

Tall Paul**

• Thanks that helps…any “nice to haves” that are worth the cost?

On another note, any A&A fans in or around Raleigh NC?

@Tall:

cwglee,

@John:

@cwglee:

Hi All,

I own both Pac and Eur 1940 �� edition 2 games, what do I need in addition to the pieces from those games to play the 1939 game?

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com
    **––When you are on the Historical Board Gaming website,…look at the menus in the top, left margin and click on the one labelled “HBG Global War Exp. Sets”. At this moment the “Global Warfare Supplement Set” that you need is the only listing.
    ----You can also download (free) all of the “HBG CUSTOM MARKER RULES”. These will help you know everything you’ll possibly use in the game. I hope this helps. You will probably want to buy some of the “roundels” for the new UNITS and COUNTRIES available.
    ----The complete “Global Warfare-1939” Rules can be downloaded (free) from the Board Game Geek website. The Rules are presently undergoing another up-date which will be made available (free) here on A&A.Org. 
    ----IMHO this “Global Warfare-1939” is the BEST varient and probably the FUTURE of Axis & Allies gaming.

Tall Paul**

Thanks Paul for the link. :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m