• '14

Global 7.1v will be on BGG this weekend but i’m giving it out through these links for those who need them for Friday and Saturday games.

https://www.mediafire.com/?xwwtgw919ki6oxf

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o763zz0ot9301c7/GW39_Setup_7oz.1.pdf

• Looks great! Really like the small changes. We will play again today and see how it goes.

Germany really needed those 4 extra infantry in Finland. I like the extra Pro Axis infantry in South America too. I’ve never seen a game where the Axis landed anything in South America so to make it a bit harder for the Allies to take over South America is a good idea.

Really like it that India and Australia can upgrade their I.C.'s. It means that India probably can’t fall now but time will tell.

1 question only:
    The fortresses only provide their abilities on the 1st round of combat correct? What if you had 2 fortresses? This is a very very important question for our games because fortresses are holding off us taking cities for the Axis.

• First round only.

1st fort 10 inf +1        attacker  10 pieces - 1
    2nd fort 10 inf + 1      attacker  10 pieces - 1

So if you had 16 inf with 2 forts  16 inf would be +1 on defense  and attacker would be - 1 for 16 pieces first round only and 2d12  die rolls for each fort first round only.

• 10 inf for finland at the start, things going to be tough for russia.

• :evil:  Give a lil to Russia and take a lil bit from Russia.   :evil:

• '14

Just a small change to make the new Russian NO not too easy.

• On the bright side, kvs and and elite guards are very cheap now.

• But seriously, buffing finland so much really screws russia over since they cannot afford to go in there before the new version(15 ipcs then accumulated rolls after for income), just for an objective that germany would be in a great position to contest every turn.  So now, finland has a lot more to support germany in attacking russia.  I think that russia needs more incentive to invade finland or a big buff in starting units around finland in order to make it practical.

All of this is even more pronounced since germany can pillage 18 additional ipcs if he were to wait a turn for attacking the dutch.

I wonder if the idea is to keep russia paralyzed on the europe side for the entire game so that the axis can easily take and hold leningrad and stalingrad.

• @Der:

I’ve read the two paragraph research section. Where is the research system explained in greater detail?

“Each technology has a specific value that must be reached” How is this value reached? What do you have to roll to get progress? If you don’t get progress do you just lose the 3 IPCs?

You roll a d12 after you pay your 3 IPC’s, each time you do this you add it to your previous roll, therefore you are always progressing.

• Should of just left Finland where it was and let some of these groups play it out and see if it needs any changin. Take away the extra inf and N O .

• I think Finland is nearly too weak still. We played 3 games in a row where Russia dumped everything into the north until in the war and Finland had to fight over one of it’s territories every single round until Russia was in the war. It’s actually possible now for Russia to get that NO. Germany and Italy both have more problems in 7.1 than 6.1 with the Allies - and that doesn’t even count the extra 70 IPC’s worth of units Russia gets in 7.1 vs. 6.1. It could be how we play but the Axis are having a tough time. It’s still fun though.

My previous post about South America was a mistake. I thought S.A. got more infantry but they don’t.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Hmm…

I will playtest this package, but I still don’t see nearly enough for Russia.

Russia starts with HALF of Germanies starting units,  has no income until declared war on, and when war finally is declared, Germany + her minors earn nearly double Russia.

It’s a forgone conclusion everytime.

Stalingrad, and Novgorod upgrades are good, so are $6 german tanks instead of $5.  But I don’t know if I’d call this optically balanced.

Play test will tell!

• I think I see the problem Garg. Russia does get an income. Every round they add 2d12 for IPC and it’s cumulative. 1st round about 12, 2nd about 24, 3rd about 36, etc. Russia dumps all that into the north and Finland can’t keep up.

If Russia didn’t get income they would be screwed you are correct.

• If your running alot of Russian troops into Finland then your going to be doomed. We played 2 games of 6.1 of course axis victory’s. Now playing a game with 7.0 rules and it looks like a 60 - 40 axis win. I know of another group thats played 7.0 v and both those games were Axis victory’s.
    With the new added troops in Finland and Germany taking Helins  first turn and then all troops become axis its just more harder for Russia.
    I would of at least left extra Finland troops out and Russia’s N O out to. Then see what happens with the 7.1v rules.

• @ Garg - it almost sounds like we playing different games. I wonder if we have different rule interpretations. We are all 20 year players so we exploit every hole after we find it in a game.

Played with the official 7.1 and Axis lost. No one even got too lucky or made mistakes. They were always 1 city shy. I think fortresses and lend lease is probably the key more than anything else for the Allies. Russia had 10 super troopers on their fortress in Leningrad and Germany never took until very late in the game. It’s our standard now for UK to build India fortress at first sign of trouble. The upgrade of the India factory is very expensive but we just build max infantry now and fly fighters over every other turn and Japan can’t take. The game comes down to Stalingrad and India so far every time.

• '14

@Gargantua:

Hmm…

I will playtest this package, but I still don’t see nearly enough for Russia.

Russia starts with HALF of Germanies starting units,  has no income until declared war on, and when war finally is declared, Germany + her minors earn nearly double Russia.

It’s a forgone conclusion everytime.

Stalingrad, and Novgorod upgrades are good, so are $6 german tanks instead of $5.  But I don’t know if I’d call this optically balanced.

Play test will tell!

Garg….you know at the end of every Russian turn when you roll the 2 d12 for decleration of war that you collect that as income.  This may be why Russia is so weak in your games.

• how do conquered territories, resources, and NO’s play into russia’s rolling for income?  for example when east poland and baltic states are conquered does russia get that income in addition to the rolls?  or if they conquer helsinki and get their NO, do they get the rolls plus the 6 NO and the value of the territories?  in other words when russia conquers territories or gains NO’s do they collect this income but as far as for going to war continue to roll?

• '14

You keep up with the income seperate from the rolls. Use the rolls for income but when the rolls are equaequal to or greater than 48 you collect income f rome your normal income. This would be 48 + or - any territories won or lost.

• so in other words, keep track of all territories taken by Russia, and any strategic resources they may possess, but they don’t collect that income until they roll up to 48.  so Russia does NOT collect N.O. bonuses until they have rolled to 48?  or have had war declared on them by an axis power?

• @billcallaway:

@ Garg - it almost sounds like we playing different games. I wonder if we have different rule interpretations. We are all 20 year players so we exploit every hole after we find it in a game.

Played with the official 7.1 and Axis lost. No one even got too lucky or made mistakes. They were always 1 city shy. I think fortresses and lend lease is probably the key more than anything else for the Allies. Russia had 10 super troopers on their fortress in Leningrad and Germany never took until very late in the game. It’s our standard now for UK to build India fortress at first sign of trouble. The upgrade of the India factory is very expensive but we just build max infantry now and fly fighters over every other turn and Japan can’t take. The game comes down to Stalingrad and India so far every time.

That lendlease must of been huge for the allies.  Usually, Germany is able to keep up with russia massing in leningrad and eventually force him off when the southern axis force threatens to swing around to a much weakened moscow.  Does Russia in your games ignore Japan with the Novosibirsk force?  Does russia go heavy into finland?  How does Germany build against him?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m