Game Aids A&A 1940 Global 2nd Edition

• I think the Production charge may be off for UK.  Shouldn’t it be 29 &16 not 28 & 17?

• @IKE:

I think the Production charge may be off for UK.  Shouldn’t it be 29 &16 not 28 & 17?

In the standalone games it is 29/16, in Global 28/17 is correct.

• @P@nther:

@IKE:

I think the Production charge may be off for UK.  Shouldn’t it be 29 &16 not 28 & 17?

Thank you.  I’m going to try and update bcguitars’s pdf set up cards to reflect this. If you know of any changes between alpha+3 and 2nd Edition could you share?

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@IKE:

@P@nther:

@IKE:

Thank you.  I’m going to try and update bcguitars’s pdf set up cards to reflect this. If you know of any changes between alpha+3 and 2nd Edition could you share?

BCguitar’s are the best.

There are changes between Alpha 3 and 2nd edition.

You can find them here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/resources-downloads/setup-chart-for-axis-allies-europe-1940-second-edition/

• @Karl7:

@IKE:

@P@nther:

@IKE:

BCguitar’s are the best.

There are changes between Alpha 3 and 2nd edition.

You can find them here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/resources-downloads/setup-chart-for-axis-allies-europe-1940-second-edition/

Thanks.  I find the set up chart a little hard to read so I plan on cutting that half off and just using the left side which has the starting IPC’s, NO’s and turn order.  I think I’ve identified the only NO that needs updating which is ‘USA 5 IPC’s for atleast 1 land unit in France’.  That and the IPC change for UK mentioned above.

• @IKE:

@P@nther:

@IKE:

Just one thing I remember:

@Rulebook:

Set up units as shown on the setup charts found in Pacific
    1940 and Europe 1940. Additionally, place the following
    units:
    Amur: 6 Soviet Infantry
    Sakha: 6 Soviet Infantry and 2 Soviet AAA
    Buryatia: 6 Soviet Infantry
    Egypt: 2 ANZAC Infantry (also, remove 1 United
    Kingdom infantry)

At least Egypt was different in Alpha+3.

• And in case you have some charts with politics remember that with 2nd Edition the territory of Korea was added to the Soviet-Mongolian Defense-Pact:

@rulebook:

Soviet-Mongolian Defense Pact:

If the Soviet Union attacks Korea or any Japan-controlled territory bordering these Mongolian
    territories while Mongolia is still a strict neutral, Mongolia will remain neutral and not ally itself with the Soviet Union.

• hi,
    1.- what paper size should i print it on?
    2.- error on NO chart- Germany "+5iPC: Germany controls Novgorod (Leningrad) "

• '14 Customizer

I was using a NO chart but the problem arises when you count for all the European Axis territories for Russia.  If you can see in my previous post’s photo that we use cards.  I made a card for each possible territory that Russia can take.  The cards seem to work better for us.

• Ok, i was just pointing out that it should be IPC instead of iPC  8-)

• '16

Got the Set-Ups printed out, now I have nice large, easy to read set up cards.
    Beautiful, I love them, thank you so much for making them. Beats having a lame few pages of printer paper with the game set up on them by a long shot.

• @ch0senfktard:

Beautiful, I love them, thank you so much for making them. Beats having a lame few pages of printer paper with the game set up on them by a long shot.

Did you make the changes to reflect 2nd edition setups?  There were changes to units.

• '16

@IKE:

@ch0senfktard:

Did you make the changes to reflect 2nd edition setups?  There were changes to units.

Think ya should read the thread title again  :wink:

• Whoops, I was thinking of the other thread with BCguitar’s set up cards.

• @knp7765:

Missed one NO for Germany: +5 IPCs for Axis control of the Caucasus.

fixed
    @mattsk:

2.- error on NO chart- Germany "+5iPC: Germany controls Novgorod (Leningrad) "

fixed

@knp7765:

Also, on the Chinese NO symbol, I wondered why you didn’t have the crossed swords and the little Japanese symbol on that one.
    I also noticed none of your US NOs had any Axis symbols. The first and third US NO should have all three Axis symbols in them, the second and fourth should have just Japan’s symbol and the fifth should have Germany and Italy.

according to the rulebook, there are no specifications about with whom the US is supposed to be at war to gain the advantage of the NO’s

@mattsk:

1.- what paper size should i print it on?

the small charts are 1.5x A6; the two big ones are A3
    @cyanight:

I was using a NO chart but the problem arises when you count for all the European Axis territories for Russia.  If you can see in my previous post’s photo that we use cards.  I made a card for each possible territory that Russia can take.  The cards seem to work better for us.

I see the problem… I’d use the grey/green/red chips in this case, but there are certainly advantes with the card system

@cyanight:

Thanks for all the work on these. We used them at our last gaming weekend. I put magnetic paper under the charts and glued washers to a few roundels of each power.

Thank you so much for the pictures! I’m really really happy, somebody has some use for that material ;-)
    @ch0senfktard:

I’m happy you enjoy them! Thanks for the comment.

• These charts are great, I have them printed out and laminated. But we noticed an odd thing, namely that on the order of play sequence France is missing.

• What do the roundels inside the NO circles represent? Who you have to be at war with?

• These guides are amazing!  Thank you so much for creating them!

Sorry to post on an old thread, and I don’t expect the changes to be made but I did notice a few things about the National Objective sheet:

Missing bonus for Germany: +5 IPC: 1 German Land unit in Axis-Controlled Egypt
    Typo for Germany bonus: +5 IPC: Axis controlled Caucasus
    Typo for Russian bonus: +5 IPC: …no Allied units in original Soviet territories
    Typo for Russian bonus: +3 IPC: Per territory controlled by Soviet Union

• Wait, where is the NO for the Caucasus? I can’t see it anywhere, but I may be missing it…

• hello, sorry to dig up an old thread but does anyone have a NO sheet with the corrections above?

thanks!
    -Z

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m