Should IL settle his case on the Judge Judy show?

• I sued this Tenant last year got rid of her then finally sued her. The case was decided by binding arbitration and a judgement entered in my favor. However, an abstract of Judgement is not possible in an arbitration. If the defendant does not pay, and latter owns property of record, a writ of attachment can be made. This has important consequences for me to collect my judgement because when she ever sells this property, my judgement must be paid before the sale.

So i got this letter hand delivered and got a good laugh for like 10 minutes, because i record and watch that show every day ( unless it is a repeat).

They pay a per diem for me and any witnesses i might bring, but this shows location is only 25 miles away. The other issue is Judge Judy generally doesn’t award anything to either side and her judgements are loosely based on law, but also quite arbitrary. I have a slam dunk case, but anything is possible with Judy.

I wonder if i can use my public Imperious Leader as the plaintiff? hmmm

• It simply doesn’t sound like the best course for your legal action. I’m also not sure that it is a dramatic enough case to end up televised (it seems likely they film a lot of cases that don’t then get picked.) It also sounds a bit too technical for the show.

Unless by appearing on the show you can be assured of payment. The way it sounds the writ would be akin to making a point in craps that never craps out but also may never come in. By appearing on the show are you increasing your chance of being paid quickly? And if so why would the defendant agree to also appear?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

In general the cases don’t matter, so much as they want cartoon characters as the plaintiff and defendant.

We know IL qualifies, and it sounds like the tenant qualifies too.

Regardelss - I want to see IL get in an argument with Judge Judy.  You know it’s going to happen, and he won’t be able to help himself.  I’m speculating a contempt of court charge.

So… Judy it up!

• Unless by appearing on the show you can be assured of payment. The way it sounds the writ would be akin to making a point in craps that never craps out but also may never come in. By appearing on the show are you increasing your chance of being paid quickly? And if so why would the defendant agree to also appear?

It says in the paper that they guarantee any money awarded to me. I will ask the producer today about what happens if the other party does not appear.

I don’t think they put up extra cases or don’t show some of the ones they filmed. This lady gets 47 million a year and any filming for boring, straightforward cases would really be a waste.

I want to see IL get in an argument with Judge Judy

That won’t be happening, because if i appear hostile that woman will just render a big zero judgement. I have seen it too many times. However, that post case interviewer will get no respect because he always has some smirk about him or he rolls eyes.

I’m speculating a contempt of court charge.

She never orders those. That would be Judge Joe Brown show. People do say things sometimes and she just ignores them.

Il, you and I both know you are not going to be able to help yourself.

She’s going to do something like forget to dot an I or cross a T, and you’re going to be all over her - then you’re going to get slammed.

You’re like a scorpion, it’s just in your nature to sting man!

• I will not be correcting her in any fashion. The thing is you must look in her eyes when you speak and arms must be at your side. No fussing with papers. Just tell her what happened and acting glib or confrontational will get me a big goose egg. Not going to happen. I love that Judge and im not going against her in any way. The post case interviewer is another story. :evil:

• @Imperious:

It says in the paper that they guarantee any money awarded to me.

Seems like the way to go then. Especially, if the show ponys up and then handles collecting the award from the loser. Plus you’d get to collect expenses for traveling to the show even if they’d be minimal since you’re close.

• Do it, bring Judge Judy into our ranks on this site.  :lol:

• Judge Bitch, you mean.  I like the lady with People’s Court better…and not just because she’s hot.

That being said, just go for it.  I haven’t seen her show in a while but would watch it for this.  Also, frimm brought up my thoughts but you seem to have addressed them.

• Customizer

No way IL, you’d lose. I heard Judge Judy is actually Harry Larris on the boards. Not only that Garg and his “connected” freinds have her on thier payroll.

• The epilogue to the story is the defendant never returned any phone calls from the producer, so the appearance is off.  I will just get a normal judgement and after 30 days get an abstract of Judgement. Judge Judy is not ready for Imperious anyway. Judy is essentially a modern day Roland Freisler and i would have told her as much if it appeared her judgement was biased.

• IL would you ever risk a months rent on a game of A&A?  :mrgreen:

• I bet on sports, not rent already being paid to me :-(

• '12

I will bet you a month’s rent on a game of G40 IL - you game?

• Not unless Labron James is playing.

• '12

does Labron play?  if so we’re on.

• Joe Brown would be better. Seems to be the most balanced judge out there. But it’s fun to watch the snapper!

• Yea but his show is in the Midwest. He is fair as well as peoples court. Judge Mathis is more like Judge Judy. It’s like rolling dice with them.

• So IL, if a renter wagered doubling up their rent over a game of A&A would you accept the offer? However if they defeated you, they got a month free. They would provide drinks and appetizers.

I would offer pro-bono services for the Renter.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m