Friends - I'm in trouble - and I need your help

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

:-P

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Hours wage donated for Mr. Bear!

Change Mr. Bear’s name to “Steve Yzerman” Garg, and I’ll cover the surgery JK!!!

Get well buddy!!!

• I hope the dog will get his treatment. But due to past difficulties with you, i must decline the help. I am sorry for that, but i felt at least i wanted you to know i do feel for your problem. Hope all goes well in the end.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Imperious:

I hope the dog will get his treatment. But due to past difficulties with you, i must decline the help. I am sorry for that, but i felt at least i wanted you to know i do feel for your problem. Hope all goes well in the end.

IL,

Thank you for your positive comments and support.  It is my experience that “difficulties” are overcome by “heroics”, and just making the attempt to cross party lines brings you there.

Your positive thoughts/considerations make you one of us in the fight for the win - so thank you for joining.

• I gave out of pity for the dog, knowing who his owner is.

@Jermofoot:

I gave out of pity for the dog, knowing who his owner is.

AAA HAH HAH HAH HA HAHA!!! A fair comment in this place friend. :)

Do know that I love Mr. Bear as if he was my own son, and that we are an inseparable team; which is why I am so committed to his full recovery.

Jermofoot - thank you for weighing in and standing to be counted. A&A.org has raised one of the largest groups of support so far.  I don’t know what to say, other than thank you!!  I hope everyone at AA.org knows that I would and will be there for them, and I am so grateful - that so many of you, are here for me and Mr. Bear now.

I’m in awe gentlemen… awe.

@hkytown1:

Hours wage donated for Mr. Bear!Â

Change Mr. Bear’s name to “Steve Yzerman” Garg, and I’ll cover the surgery JK!!!

Get well buddy!!!

What would happen if I told you… Bear was a Canucks fan?

… lol …

Don’t worry, he’s not :P

Hockey Town, thanks for joining the team.  It’s a distinct honor to have you here as a defenseman!

• Well that’s a nice thing to say. Thanks!

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

I’m in France at the moment and one day a year everybody goes to work and donates their pay for that day to the elderly to purchase air conditioners and new appliances and generally things to make their lives more comfortable. It’s called “the day of solidarity.”

In light of the recent unfortunate circumstances to befall Mr. Bear and Joel I propose those who can, work June 6th (D-Day) for Mr Bear. It’s one day to help save a life and if we all pitch in we can do it.

This June 6th I will be fighting all day in France to save a life! (Donating my day’s wage for Mr. Bear’s Surgery) Who’s with me!?

@Imperious:

Well that’s a nice thing to say. Thanks!

As soon as you posted that, a mysterious donation from “Richard Berry” showed up for $50.00…

Although I recall your name being Anthony…?  could it be that IL has committed his forces to join that of Gargantua’s and the others? Resulting in the most epic win on the 21st century?

@Canuck12:

I’m in France at the moment and one day a year everybody goes to work and donates their pay for that day to the elderly to purchase air conditioners and new appliances and generally things to make their lives more comfortable. It’s called “the day of solidarity.”

In light of the recent unfortunate circumstances to befall Mr. Bear and Joel I propose those who can, work June 6th (D-Day) for Mr Bear. It’s one day to help save a life and if we all pitch in we can do it.

This June 6th I will be fighting all day in France to save a life! (Donating my day’s wage for Mr. Bear’s Surgery) Who’s with me!?

Wow Kyle… Thank you… I don’t know what else to say!! Mr. Bear and I look forward to spending a day with you when you get back home.

Thank you…

We’re going to be looking just like them right after this surgery gentlemen.

• Customizer

Good luck brother. I’m looking into see what I can do.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Glad to help out brother, keep us posted.

I’d have to specifically count it all up, but AxisandAllies.org has raised something to the tune of $700 for Mr. Bear… and several of you have made serious commitments to fight for even more.

I don’t know what to say guys… other than I am so honored and humbled by all of you and that I am running out of words to express how this feels. Thank you again.

Many of you I have never met in person, but our friendships are very real and clearly know no bounds.  You have all made the effort to stand and be counted with me, Even some of us who don’t normally get along are all now on the same team; and look at what has been accomplished in just a few short days….

Just those few short days ago I was very concerned about how alone I was with this issue; and I am so appreciative of all of you who are travelling this road with me.  This is incredible.

I’m forwarding this to Larry Harris as axis-and-allies is the common denominator for us, he has to know.

I’m just in awe with all of this… thank you gentlemen.

To celebrate the incredible teamwork so far - I threw this together for fun.

I don’t think I’ve missed anyone, but there are a few anonymous donors… so I can’t say for sure.

Buzz me to get in before we’re out of spots on this photo!

AAorg.png

FYI EVERYONE!!!

Larry Harris just joined us and donated!

• I just donated.

For those who haven’t spoken with Gargantua on the phone, he comes across as a laid-back, cool guy, in a Canadian sort of way. But he’s also capable of getting excited about things; and is incredibly passionate about Axis and Allies. He likes the game even more than I do, which is saying a lot. If you were gathering up a group of guys to go on a hike or camping trip, he’d be one of the first people you’d want to ask. Mostly because you’d want to surround yourself with people who’d be happy and excited to be out there doing something; not people who’d gripe over every little thing.

To those who haven’t donated due to past online disagreements with Gargantua: you have every right to make whatever decision seems best to you. But before making your final decision, ask yourself which is more important. Punishing Gargantua for past disagreements and differences of opinion? Or saving the life of an innocent animal?

• @Imperious:

I hope the dog will get his treatment. But due to past difficulties with you, i must decline the help. I am sorry for that, but i felt at least i wanted you to know i do feel for your problem. Hope all goes well in the end.

You’re willing to let a dog potentially die because you have had issues with it’s owner? You’re not much of an animal person are you?

Gentlemen, Thank you VERY much for stepping up to be counted, I really appreciate it.

As for my ever-long arch enemy Imperious Leader… you know what - the dude showed up and wished me well.

That is certainly more than I ever expected from him, and I’m grateful for his support all the same. That is why I consider him included as part of our team for Mr. Bear; because there are things that greatly transcend our petty differences.

As you all know, I haven’t always been on the right side of moral color around here. So I accept all the help, friendships, concern, support, and prayer that everyone is offering. That’s what has made this whole thing such a success…

So let’s avoid any derailments or further discussion on negative items, and avoid anything that will take away from what this whole thing is about - please. All the disgruntlements are left behind.

Kurt, Seth, glad to have you both with us! It is an honor to be able to call you my friends.

• @Gargantua:

FYI EVERYONE!!!

Larry Harris just joined us and donated!

I’ve met Larry Harris in person. He seemed like a genuine, good man. Easy to like and trust. His recent action reinforces my opinion of his personality and character.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m