Finally! Non-Moscow Axis victory! Do the Allies stand a chance?

• Yes, that should be correct.

The way the rules should read in the book is:

The rule book (on page 6 – HOW THE WAR IS WON) will eventually be corrected to read:

On the map are thirteen victory cities crucial to the war effort. As the game begins, the Axis controls 6 of these cities and the Allies control 7 of them. The Allies begin the game controlling Washington, London, Leningrad, Moscow, Calcutta, Honolulu, and San Francisco.  The Axis powers begin the game controlling Berlin, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Manila, and Tokyo. The standard victory condition is if your side controls three more total victory cities than it started with (9 for the Axis or 10 for the Allies) at the end of a complete round of play (after the completion of the U.S. turn), you win the war.

Page 23 (WINNING THE GAME) will also be corrected.  The third column in the chart will read “9 for Axis and 10 for Allies” (or something similar) and “13”.

You should also note that the German and UK starting IPCs as listed on page 6 are incorrect.  Germany should read 41 (not 40), and the UK should read 31 (not 30).

Hope this helps…

• Customizer

And on the back of the book it should read in huge font: this book is most likely filled with enormous and unforgivable errors. Please visit WotC.com/forums/wescrewedupagainbecauseweonlycareaboutMtG/ for how to REALLY play the game.

• @Most:

And on the back of the book it should read in huge font: this book is most likely filled with enormous and unforgivable errors. Please visit WotC.com/forums/wescrewedupagainbecauseweonlycareaboutMtG/ for how to REALLY play the game.

You can say what you want.  I just report it.  I didn’t write them…

• Customizer

Never said you did.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Wow, we need the third edition, before the second edition is out of it’s first month of release.

….

• Official confirmation from Larry’s site….

http://harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9209

• I’m confused on how long you need to hold the 9th city for, for example if Japan takes India for the 9th city do the Axis win after US turn or do you need to hold it for a complete turn back to Japan’s next turn to win?

• TripleA '12

At the end of the current round (after the end of the US player’s turn) which would be the end of entire round of play.

• Damn, I think Global 1940 is the other way and I assumed 1942 was the same, I would’ve won the game already.  Now it looks like the Allies are going to rebound for the win… grrrrr

• TripleA

total victory or a 10 standard victory is better than 9. I can’t trust these guys to print decent rules anymore, then again 10 is the same as total victory, if axis got 10 allies may as well concede anyway, because it means they don’t have berlin and russia is axis.

Come to think of it, I don’t think anyone played the VC variant rule in revised.

VCs are an optional rule in this imo.

• Honolulu should be taken out in my opinion, it worked when you HAD to capture a Major Capital to achieve victory, if they balanced out the Soviets with Germany it could work

• I’m so glad i can to this forumn and found out the extra Allied VC! Our latest game is going to be played different again! Which is good.

• Don’t think I’ve played to a 9 VC win. Agreed that Hawaii being a VC makes it almost impossible for allies to win, or at the very least it forces America to go pacific or give up a free VC, and then all the axis need to do is hold onto easy to take VC’s.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m