If you were in charge… how you would manage a WWII Era FOOD Crisis?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

:)

You’re people are starving!  What are you going to do to balance the equation, and feed the masses?

• Marie Antoinette supposedly considered that such a situation could be easily remedied.

• No work = no food.

• Surrender, wait twenty years, better prepare and try again

• Tell my People the Enemy has food and they must go liberate it from the enemy.

What about STARVING the enemies of your people that surrender?

• @Gargantua:

You’re people are starving!  What are you going to do to balance the equation, and feed the masses?

(your people)

Well, this is obviously a trick question.  Kill some and feed the bodies to the others.  What’s so difficult about that?

• NO Gargantua you didn´t… :-D :-D :-D

Building Alliances could be an Idea…but it depends on so many circumstances and the Nation you are representing…
    But still I would try a Diplomatic way!..

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@Gargantua:

:)

Now, that depends on whether I care about them starving.

If I don’t - then it’s not a problem. Letting them starve is a method applied by such leaders as Josef Stalin and Mao Zedong. And it worked for them: they stayed in power for a long time, until their own deaths in fact.

If I do - then I’ll need to fire myself from office for gross incompetence. My people were obviously not starving before, or there wouldn’t be so many of them. So as their leader, I must have messed up pretty badly. Did I send all the peasants to the front to fight? Or did I make war with a former trade partner that I needed badly for food imports? Or did I neglect to stockpile food while still at peace? In each case, I’ve obviously handled the preparation for this war very poorly.
    My successors might consider various measures, such as:
    (a) Rationing. This seems like a very obvious thing to do.
    (b) Making domestic food production a priority and assigning more people to it if necessary.
    © Eating all the remaining cattle and not raising any new until the food situation improves.
    (d) Finding new trade partners. Neutral or friendly countries could provide some relief.
    (e) Stealing some food from conquered lands, but only as a last measure. Former enemies should become new subjects.

• Nonworkers and enemy stock to be transported to central processing plant for dismemberment.  Arms and leg sections to be disarticulated by circular saw cuts to waist, knee, ankle, shoulder, elbow and wrist.  Roasts to be grilled at 350 degrees for 1 hour using fat from torso waste meat as fuel.  Workers to be fed ad libitum once daily until they no longer work at which time they will themselves will be processed.  Bones to be crushed and used as gravel in road construction.

• “Non-workers and enemy stock to be transported to central processing plant for dismemberment.  Arms and leg sections to be dis-articulated by circular saw cuts to waist, knee, ankle, shoulder, elbow and wrist.  Roasts to be grilled at 350 degrees for 1 hour using fat from torso waste meat as fuel.  Workers to be fed ad Librium once daily until they no longer work at which time they will themselves will be processed.  Bones to be crushed and used as gravel in road construction.”

sounds like either Soylent Green or The Wannsee Conference…

This is what i figured this thread would become

• LOL soylent green.

Wow, great responses.

I wonder what an EXPERT on the German WWII food crisis would think.  Too bad we don’t have one of those on the forums anymore…  :P

• No Vance is still here.

• '12

Wow, miss a few days drinking and dancing…well watching others dance anyways…but I digress.  We no longer have an expert on the WWII food thingee/justification whatchermacallit?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m