• Classic had 2 battleships, 2 carriers, 6 or 8 subs, about 6 transports, 10 fighters, 10 tanks, 3 bombers, and 12 or 15 infantry…

• TripleA '12

At 4 each of Inf., tank, fighter, bomber, battleship, sub, carrier, and transport that is all you get.

Crikey, I hope we get more than 4 Infantry per power!

• @Lozmoid:

At 4 each of Inf., tank, fighter, bomber, battleship, sub, carrier, and transport that is all you get.

Especially Russia, Germany, Japan (how do you do islands?), America and Britain!

• @Lozmoid:

I’m sure there will be more than 4 Inf. per, but I was just using the breakdown of 4 per sculpt to show that there will not be much in this version to begin with. The announcement said 160 pieces. With that said, 32 per power x 5 powers = 160 pieces total. Sure you may get more Inf. and less, say battleships and carriers, but the point is it willbe bare bones. I think that Gargantua stated earlier it will be for beginners, a kids version if you will.

• TripleA '12

I see what you mean, Larrie. Thanks for clarifying.

• The game has 160 new pieces, and 370 total playing pieces. You people are all wrong!

Its basically the same total as AA42 and plays the same…just 1941 scenario with VC conditions that are probably easy to get

• @Imperious:

The game has 160 new pieces, and 370 total playing pieces. You people are all wrong!

Its basically the same total as AA42 and plays the same…just 1941 scenario with VC conditions that are probably easy to get

IL, I’m hoping so as well, but the announcement/order only says 160 pieces, total.

• I did not see the word “new” after 160 pieces total either

but in all honestly … speculation is just that.  we will know when it’s released.

** Edit … here, from the announcement (copy/pasted)

Game Components
    160 plastic pieces (32 per nation)
    16 new combat unit sculpts
    New map
    Rulebook

That does not say 160 new playing pieces … it does say 16 NEW sculpts, but nothing about those totaling 160 pieces … anywhere, either in the announcement or the pdf.

• Oh dear Lord… I wish people would read the ENTIRE PDF… just once…

The PDF does say…

Game Components
    � 160 plastic pieces (32 per nation)  
    � 16 new combat unit sculpts
    � New map
    � Rulebook

New Units:
    A key feature for enfranchised players is an entirely new set of unit sculpts. There are 16 all-new designs such as the P-40 Warhawk, Tiger Tank, AVRO Lancaster, FW-190, IS-2 tank, HMS Hood, He-111, and the Akagi Aircraft Carrier. These playing pieces can be used in any other A&A game, and will be desirable to players who seek to expand their A&A collections.

But that is talking about what is NEW to the game as opposed to the standard stuff. It does not say it comes with a box or tokens for the nations, but obviously they are included. If you want to get stuck on semantics THEN assume the game has no box, no chips, no dice, no other tokens, no other pieces, no setup charts, etc…And add to that it uses the same mechanics as AA42 which means that is impossible without those components…you basically can’t play the game without parts from other games? I don’t think so. WOTC does not make games that require parts from other games. Each game stands on its own two feet, so obviously the 160 pieces listing refers to NEW SCULPTS AND NOT THE TOTAL GAME PIECES INCLUDED…

The 32 pieces are NEW PIECES PER NATION THAT ARE NEW SCULPTS, IT DOES NOT MEAN ALL YOU GET IS 32 PIECES…that is ridiculous.

Again the people at WOTC just don’t have any skills at explaining the product.

Item
    Contents
    SKU
    UPC
    ISBN
    Size Wt.
    MSRP
    Axis & Allies 1941
    Game
    Game board, play components, rulebook, 370 game pieces
    6 53569 70534 5
    978-0-7869-6016-3
    tbd
    3.44 lbs
    $30.00
    Axis & Allies 1941
    Case
    4 games per case
    NA
    NA
    NA
    tbd
    15 lbs
    NA

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Sarcasm

Sorry IL, you’re just not making any sense!  It clearly says 160 Pieces! Only 32 per Nation!

• Axis & Allies 1941
    Game

• @Imperious:

Oh dear Lord… I wish people would read the ENTIRE PDF… just once…

Yeah, sorry IL, but I DID read the entire PDF, more than once.  Either they are contradicting themselves in the summary table at the end, or there are 160 combat units total with 32 per nation as it says first.

Game Components
    • 160 plastic pieces (32 per nation)
    • 16 new combat unit sculpts
    • New map
    • Rulebook

And later in the table at the end says “Game board, play components, rulebook, 370 game pieces”

So again … contradictory or 160 PLASTIC pieces (32 per nation) (not 160 NEW plastic pieces (because it clearly does not say “new” anywhere in that 160 pieces.  If that’s what they meant they should have said “160 NEW plastic pieces (32 per nation)”)) with a total of 370 game pieces and then we can wonder what are the other 210 game pieces?  Well since it specifies PLASTIC for the 160, you would have to assume the other 210 are not plastic pieces.  Control tokens, AA/Factory tokens, etc?

I understand where you are coming from IL, but again … we won’t know for sure until we know for sure, right?

The PDF does say…

Game Components
    � 160 plastic pieces (32 per nation)  
    � 16 new combat unit sculpts
    � New map
    � Rulebook

New Units:
    A key feature for enfranchised players is an entirely new set of unit sculpts. There are 16 all-new designs such as the P-40 Warhawk, Tiger Tank, AVRO Lancaster, FW-190, IS-2 tank, HMS Hood, He-111, and the Akagi Aircraft Carrier. These playing pieces can be used in any other A&A game, and will be desirable to players who seek to expand their A&A collections.

But that is talking about what is NEW to the game as opposed to the standard stuff. It does not say it comes with a box or tokens for the nations, but obviously they are included. If you want to get stuck on semantics THEN assume the game has no box, no chips, no dice, no other tokens, no other pieces, no setup charts, etc…And add to that it uses the same mechanics as AA42 which means that is impossible without those components…you basically can’t play the game without parts from other games? I don’t think so. WOTC does not make games that require parts from other games. Each game stands on its own two feet, so obviously the 160 pieces listing refers to NEW SCULPTS AND NOT THE TOTAL GAME PIECES INCLUDED…

The 32 pieces are NEW PIECES PER NATION THAT ARE NEW SCULPTS, IT DOES NOT MEAN ALL YOU GET IS 32 PIECES…that is ridiculous.

Again the people at WOTC just don’t have any skills at explaining the product.

Item
    Contents
    SKU
    UPC
    ISBN
    Size Wt.
    MSRP
    Axis & Allies 1941
    Game
    6 53569 70534 5
    978-0-7869-6016-3
    tbd
    3.44 lbs
    $30.00
    Axis & Allies 1941
    Case
    4 games per case
    NA
    NA
    NA
    tbd
    15 lbs
    NA

• Game Components
    • 160 plastic pieces (32 per nation)
    • 16 new combat unit sculpts
    • New map
    • Rulebook

This list refers to what is new to this version of AA….It has 16 new sculpts and 160 new sculpts which comes out to 32 new sculpts per nation  ( 160 divide by 5 is 32)… The 370 pieces is the total included in the game. Nothing is contradictory except the noob who wrote the caption leaving out the word NEW.

It should read 160 new plastic pieces, new map, 16 totally new sculpts

• Customizer

Not to add to the confusion but I’m surprised no one has noticed that the image of the box clearly states “200 playing pieces” along the top of the box. This could mean that there as indeed 160 PLASTIC pieces and 40 other (likely cardboard complexes etc) pieces. This is purely an observation as I’m not taking sides. If in deed this is a real game. The contradictions make me a bit dubious.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

The contradictions legs me a bit dubious.

There are more contradictions than broken links.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

Not to add to the confusion but I’m surprised no one has noticed that the image of the box clearly states “200 playing pieces” along the top of the box.

That as well, thanks for pointing it out.

It may simply be a mess-up by someone as Imperious Leader has said, since the info on the .pdf is simply contradictory - it mentions 160 plastic pieces, 200+ playing pieces on the image and then 370 game pieces. In any case until there’s an official acknowledgement we won’t be sure of how many pieces there will be.

• That’s a keen observation Bob…

over 200+ pieces right on box…hmmm

Why does the PDF say 370 game pieces

Then is says 16 new sculpts and 160 pieces with 32 per…

That is 3 different stories but consider two of these point out more than 160 pieces total, so that is bunk.

• thanks for the info guys

• TripleA '12

Phew! We’ll get there eventually.  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m