What was original retail price of A +A Anniversary Edition?

• Just saw the Spring 1942 edition for the first time.
    Very cute map (I like the small look) and cool how the income chart is on the board.  Also how the pieces look like the Anny pieces (especially Germany) for such a low price.  Anny rules on a slightly different map, and with no Italy or China - it’s like a mix of Revised and Anniversary.  Now I want one.

• @Gamerman01:

Just saw the Spring 1942 edition for the first time.
    Very cute map (I like the small look) and cool how the income chart is on the board.  Also how the pieces look like the Anny pieces (especially Germany) for such a low price.  Anny rules on a slightly different map, and with no Italy or China - it’s like a mix of Revised and Anniversary.  Now I want one.

I just use my Revised board (I guess I’m wierd as I’m actually really fond of the super graphic color blocking and dark water) and play with Anny or 1940 pieces.  The only board revisions were in central US and the arctic icecap in Alaska blocking the polar express as far as I could tell.

Thing that bugs me about 1942 board (aside from the size) is that I believe they kept the color tones unchanged from AA50 and just changed/deleted territory borders.  Which means part of original russia is german color and part of original germany is russian colored, as the border gets moved around for fewer territories.

lazy.  lazy I tell you.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Gamerman01:

@Cmdr:

@Gamerman01:

Hm - $450 new

Not enough.

Yeah, really!  I only have one and I use it, so I would only sell it if I could buy another one from somebody else for less!

I have 5, I use 1.  The other 4 are factory sealed condition awaiting news (as grim and horrible as it would be) that Larry died.  I have 4 of each of his global games all in pristine condition just as they came out of the factory so I can have 3 “box” sets to sell on eBay and 1 to keep all for myself.

I don’t wish him harm, but the dude is human, and all humans die.

• You are free entertainment, Jenn.  :-)

• @Cmdr:

I don’t wish him harm, but the dude is human, and all humans die.

You probably are in a ‘Dead pool’ too, right?

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

I had a copy in my dirty little hands in a mall in Scottsdale AZ and was about to get it, then i saw the $99.99 retail price at this game store.  My wife gave me that look and I made the mistake of putting it back thinking I would get it later but unfortunatly, I didn’t.
    She hates the game, calls me a tool for playing and gets bent when I’m gone all day playing.  I tell her It’s my geography lesson and ask her to show me where Malta is on a map…she can’t…Who’s the tool now???

• You should get her a copy of A&A for her birthday.  To show you care about her learning geography.
    No need to thank me.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Indeed!

• I wonder what someone would pay for my copy of the game these days?  :-D

• Customizer

@Captain:

I wonder what someone would pay for my copy of the game these days?  :-D

I wondered the same Kiwi…

• TripleA '12

I have but one copy of this title and I would never sell. Not unless it was for a LOT of money…  :wink:

• @Viracocha:

@Captain:

I still dont think we would get back enough to justify the time and energy spent making them though

• Customizer

@Captain:

@Viracocha:

@Captain:

I still dont think we would get back enough to justify the time and energy spent making them though

Truth.

• my Anniversary edition when it first came out.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m