What was original retail price of A +A Anniversary Edition?

• Just purchased a copy and I’d like to ask what was the original retail price of the Anniversary Edition? Wow 2008 seems like such a long time ago.

• Customizer

@militaryman077:

Just purchased a copy and I’d like to ask what was the original retail price of the Anniversary Edition? Wow 2008 seems like such a long time ago.

I paid $80 on sale before Christmas in a shop in the Mall of America.  In hindsight, wish I would have purchased several…

• I remember $29.95 or $39.95 back in 1984.

I bought the NOVA game version in 1981 for about $20.00

• @Imperious:

I remember $29.95 or $39.95 back in 1984.

Look at the question again, IL  :wink:

• ok. I paid $59.95 each for 6 copies and free ship and tax ( coolstuffinc). Latter sold 5 for $250 each. Should have bought all 2,000. If i knew it was limited i would have.

• It was around about $100 here in Canada when it was released.

• @Imperious:

ok. I paid $59.95 each for 6 copies and free ship and tax ( coolstuffinc). Latter sold 5 for $250 each. Should have bought all 2,000. If i knew it was limited i would have.

Indeed, a rare golden opportunity to make a lot of easy money.
    In many players’ opinions, Anniversary is still the best playing version of A&A ever released, too….

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Imperious:

ok. I paid $59.95 each for 6 copies and free ship and tax ( coolstuffinc). Latter sold 5 for $250 each. Should have bought all 2,000. If i knew it was limited i would have.

Tell me about it!

I won’t dare let go of my 5 copies!  Those bastages at corporate won’t release more!  Maybe I should go join Occupy Wall Street and DEMAND MORE COPIES OF ANNIVERSARY!  (That’s what it’s all about, right!?!  :wink: )

• I got into the board game too late to buy the 50th Ann :(.  Did not know the game (A&A in general) even existed untill 2004/2005.  They know how to keep a low profile.  First copy i ever got was spring 42 in 2009

• @Imperious:

I remember $29.95 or $39.95 back in 1984.

Imperious one, lol, I was referring to the Anniversary Edition.  I did find out the original list price by reading the articles on this site from way back when the game was on preorder on amazon for as low as 69.99 and when it sold for a retail price of $100.00.  I wish I had purchased five of them at 69.99 back in '08.  Thank you all for your replies and for the warm welcome to this wonderful forum.

• @ghr2:

I got into the board game too late to buy the 50th Ann :(.  Did not know the game (A&A in general) even existed untill 2004/2005.  They know how to keep a low profile.  First copy i ever got was spring 42 in 2009

Spring 42 is a good game!  It’s like the Anniversary edition rules with its own map (resembling Revised the most) but without NO’s or tech….  If Anniversary did not exist, Spring 42 would probably be my favorite.

• TripleA '12

I paid £50.00 in the UK for my Anniversary edition when it first came out.

• @Gamerman01:

@ghr2:

I got into the board game too late to buy the 50th Ann :(.  Did not know the game (A&A in general) even existed untill 2004/2005.  They know how to keep a low profile.  First copy i ever got was spring 42 in 2009

Spring 42 is a good game!  It’s like the Anniversary edition rules with its own map (resembling Revised the most) but without NO’s or tech….  If Anniversary did not exist, Spring 42 would probably be my favorite.

Yes, but then you wouldnt have the Italians.

• TripleA

I’m 90 percent sure that it was $100

• @mastermind93:

I’m 90 percent sure that it was $100

That sounds right to me too.

• That was retail in hobby stores.

• @Imperious:

Is that right Imperious Leader?  They only produced 2000 copies of AAA?  No wonder prices are so high…

• TripleA

collector item. I got one for $60-$100 pre ordered on the day of release. It was under $120 so I bought it. Otherwise you count your lucky charms I would get a cardboard box, smack kinkos up, spray paint some pieces for italy, and call it a day.

• Customizer

@luftwaffe8476:

@Imperious:

Is that right Imperious Leader?  They only produced 2000 copies of AAA?  No wonder prices are so high…

Wait… Imp, could you answer this?  How do you know?  Or were you just taking a guess?  I’ve looked everywhere on two different copies of the game, can’t find any print number or other indicator…

• they said it sold out three months after it came out so the production level must have been really low.  They said it was to stay in print for six months or until it sold out.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m