• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

The question is, if super submarines upgrade convoy damage to 3 for everyone, do they upgrade convoy damage to 4 for Germany?

• Official Q&A

Axisplaya, please change the title of this thread.

@ViribusUnitis:

Is the Italian NO for Caucasus gone?

Yes.

@Cmdr:

The question is, if super submarines upgrade convoy damage to 3 for everyone, do they upgrade convoy damage to 4 for Germany?

No.  Germany gets only the increased combat capability.

• Official Q&A

@gamerman01:

A good question came up on another thread.  What about aircraft in Manchuria/Korea?  Could they accompany an amphibious assault, without incurring the wrath of the Mongolians?  Do they have to follow a flight plan that goes out to sea and back so they’re not crossing the Amu/Kor or Amu/Man borders??

They may not originate from Manchuria or Korea.

• Sponsor

Has the set-up for Western Germany been shorted 1 Tac Bomber or is it a typo.

• It was a typo and has been corrected already.  W. Germany still has 3 tactical bombers.

• Sponsor

AA Guns fire 3 dice each, all at once, and before all combat, right? Or do they fire 1 dice each before all combat, for a maximum of 3 rounds of combat?

• @Young:

AA Guns fire 3 dice each, all at once, and before all combat, right? Or do they fire 1 dice each before all combat, for a maximum of 3 rounds of combat?

The former.  UP TO 3 dice each, all at once before combat.  So if 10 aircraft fly over your 3 AA guns, you roll 9 dice before the attacker rolls, and the AA guns are done (but can be chosen as casualties).  If 2 aircraft fly over your 3 AA guns, you roll 2 dice before the attacker rolls.

• In SBR do you still add 2 to the roll of a Strategic bomber?

If Amur is attacked via amphibious assault, and all invading units were loaded from a territory other than Manchuria or Korea, is the Mongolian penalty (bonus depending on your point of view) still activated?

• Official Q&A

No to both.

• Now that AA guns can be taken as casaulties, this question actually has some relevance.

What comes first, AA guns firing at planes, or shore bombardment?

• @kdfsjljklgjfg:

Now that AA guns can be taken as casaulties, this question actually has some relevance.

What comes first, AA guns firing at planes, or shore bombardment?

Page 17 says Step 1 is sea combat.
    Step 2 is Bombardment
    Step 3 is land combat

AA guns are part of the land combat.

Please explain (it’s late) how this question has relevance.  Even if you select AA guns as casualties, casualties of bombardment still get to fire…

• Me and my friend and dad, occasionally, when new rules come out, if we run into one that we don’t like, run a game with and a game without. I don’t remember exactly when that rule was changed, but I remember being taught back on the original version of casaulties being removed immediately, and we stuck with it that way.

• @kdfsjljklgjfg:

Me and my friend and dad, occasionally, when new rules come out, if we run into one that we don’t like, run a game with and a game without. I don’t remember exactly when that rule was changed, but I remember being taught back on the original version of casaulties being removed immediately, and we stuck with it that way.

Yeah, it’s gone back and forth.  In AA50 and 1940 they fire back.

IIRC (might be mixed up - just woke up) in “Revised”, bombardment blew them off the map (no counter-attack), however, air units were immune.

• May I build a Major IC in Kiangsu or Manchuria as Japan?

If you read page 9 of the Pacific Rulebook: Chinese territories on the game board have a Nationalist Chinese nationality symbol on them. Some of these territories begin the game already under Japanese control. They still are considered Chinese territories for purposes of original ownership.

Alpha-Rules say: Major industrial complexes can only be built on originally controlled territories (this includes upgrading minor ones). Likewise they may not be upgraded when captured. Major industrial complexes are reduced to minor when captured. The original owner of the territory may upgrade it if the territory is recaptured.

• Official Q&A

No.  You may only build a major IC in a territory that has your power’s emblem printed on it.

• Under Alpha 2+ rules (pertaining to a game I started before I knew 3 was out), regarding the 12 IPC NO between Russia and Japan, if the US takes Korea, can the USSR move into it without triggering the NO?

If so, would Japan trying to retake Korea trigger the NO for the Soviets?

If possible, I’d like to have an answer soon, as it is likely coming up in an hour or two.

• @Krieghund:

@Ruanek:

I think that if Japan took a Japanese territory Germany could enter it without declaring war on China.

True.

this is a similar situation, and since the germans can occupy japan-controlled china, w/out DOW on china, i think ussr can occupy usa controlled korea, w/out DOW japan.

• Official Q&A

@kdfsjljklgjfg:

Under Alpha 2+ rules (pertaining to a game I started before I knew 3 was out), regarding the 12 IPC NO between Russia and Japan, if the US takes Korea, can the USSR move into it without triggering the NO?

No.  Unless USSR declares war on Japan, it is under the restrictions of a neutral power on the Pacific map, so it may not leave its own territories.

• '17

This question is for Alpha 2.

A US transport, loaded with UK soldiers, and some US warships sit in SZ112.  The UK does not have any warships in or move any warships into SZ112.

1. If the UK unloads its soldiers into Denmark, Germany has no scramble option because US transports can’t be casualties during the UK’s turn.

2. However, if a German sub sits in SZ112 the UK troops cannot unload because no UK warships are present (the presence of non-UK Allied warships is irrelevant).

3. If the UK and US are both at war with Japan, but the US is still neutral to Germany, a UK amphibious assault against Germany via US transports is still permitted.

Did I understand these 3 points correctly?

• Official Q&A

1. No.  Germany may scramble in response to the amphibious assault.  Since UK has no attacking units, the sea zone cannot be cleared and the assault cannot proceed.  However, since the US ships are not involved in the battle, no casualties will result (a stalemate).

2. Correct.

3. No.  Transports belonging to a power not at war with the target may not participate in an amphibious assault.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m