• Who is attending?

• I’m going……

though Origins is first in Columbus Ohio in June…

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

I will be there!

• @squirecam:

I’m going……

though Origins is first in Columbus Ohio in June…

NOOOOOOOO!!!

Not Charles!!! :wink:

Brother!  8-)

• Who will be doing the global 1940 tournament?

• '17 '16 Customizer

Me and my son plan on attending Global.

• I’m thinking about going since Indy isn’t that far away. It will depend on how much work I have going on though.

• I’m gonna try, dunno with work, etc.

• Call in sick….see if Gargantua will write you a letter of absenteeism, maybe we’ll find someone to kidnap ya for the weekend, and there is always amnesia
    Sorry if I mis spelled some of these words

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Give me your bosses phone number. And it’s all over… :P

do it…

• I’m going up to GenCon 2013. Before, I have always gone up to play in the Heroscape tournaments all 4 days.

This year, I am considering to play in an A&A tournament. However, unlike in Heroscape, I’m not a very good A& player. :lol: (25% win rate in A&A, as compared to 55% in Heroscape.)

So, any suggestions for me? I’m not familiar with how the A&A tournaments work up there. I’m considering playing the AA 1914 WWI or 1941, as they are newer and less complicated, respectively, which may help me out. I don’t know.

Thanks for the help.

• 1914 is pretty complicated.  Maybe just play Spring 1942?  1941 is too simple for me.

• @BJCard:

1914 is pretty complicated.  Maybe just play Spring 1942?  1941 is too simple for me.

I know 1914 is complicated. I said it was new in my post, which will help me out some. ;) I play Global 1940, too. It’s not that the rules are complicated which keep me from wanting to play them in the tourney, since I understand them completely, it’s the more complicated strategy that’s keeping me away for the moment.

I really would like to play Spring 1942 1st edition if it’s still there at GenCon, as I have A LOT of experience with it via GTO. 2nd edition looks like the most fun out of all of them, but I’ve only played one incomplete game on it…

• Fair enough. I doubt they will be playing Spring 1942 1st edition- probably only 2nd.

• @BJCard:

Fair enough. I doubt they will be playing Spring 1942 1st edition- probably only 2nd.

I figured as much. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I’d really like to play 1914 or 1941, as (hopefully) my odds will be better for me, as of right now they are not. :lol:

• Founder TripleA Admin

I’ll be at GenCon again this year and this time I hope to do a better job of meeting people.

• I believe the following tournaments will be run at GenCon:

a) Anniversary (AA50)
    b) Classic (2nd edition - the old, bright colored board with the foam storage trays)
    c) 1942 - 2nd Edition (tournament also being run at Spring Gathering this weekend)
    d) 1914 - I think
    e) G42
    f) 1941

So - we got a TON going on. We attempted to keep overlapping to a minimum, but, as you can expect, it really was impossible. In addition, there will be plenty of casual game slots open for people to play as well.

Hope everyone considers coming out - GenCon is a blast - lots of A&A playing. Greg also has wonderful prize support and a raffle for really cool (if that is possible) A&A stuff.

MM

• @suprise:

Call in sick….see if Gargantua will write you a letter of absenteeism

There’s an old joke about an elementary school teacher who gets a phone call one morning telling her that “Tommy won’t be at school today.  He’s sick.”  The teacher asks “Who’s speaking please?”  The voice on the phone answers “This is my father.”

• @miamiumike:

I believe the following tournaments will be run at GenCon:

a) Anniversary (AA50)
    b) Classic (2nd edition - the old, bright colored board with the foam storage trays)
    c) 1942 - 2nd Edition (tournament also being run at Spring Gathering this weekend)
    d) 1914 - I think
    e) G42
    f) 1941

So - we got a TON going on. We attempted to keep overlapping to a minimum, but, as you can expect, it really was impossible. In addition, there will be plenty of casual game slots open for people to play as well.

Hope everyone considers coming out - GenCon is a blast - lots of A&A playing. Greg also has wonderful prize support and a raffle for really cool (if that is possible) A&A stuff.

MM

No tournament for global?

• G42 - a 1942 variant that Larry came up with. I do not think (I will double check) there is a G40 tournament planned.

MM

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m