Science Fiction/Fantasy Book Forum

• @dezrtfish:

Asmov is one of my favorites the foundation series is a good read, I read the trilogy in 4 days…

Second that. Those first collections are wonderful.

• skinny1… I relied on a faulty memory! I read those books when I was 15 or 16, and I’m 40 now… you’re up to date with them!

I guess… in my (spmewhat faulty) defense, it was Paul’s genetics transformed into a worm…  :-)

• '19 Moderator

@Stalingradski:

By Crom, what was I thinking? Every Conan book ever written, with Robert E. Howard’s originals being the best by far, of course.

I used to play the Original A&A with a guy named Conan, I thought that his parents must have been awesome…  His screen name was/is IntocableX (Spanish for untouchable with an X for menace LOL)

• @Stalingradski:

skinny1… I relied on a faulty memory! I read those books when I was 15 or 16, and I’m 40 now… you’re up to date with them!

I guess… in my (spmewhat faulty) defense, it was Paul’s genetics transformed into a worm…   :-)

I have read them within the past year. In a faulty defensive way, you are right. :)

• Reading Planet of the Apes. So far a lot better than the Tim Burton movie. Tim Burton movie changed a lot of things just within the first few chapters of the book.

• Burton set the bar pretty low for Planet of the Apes movies.

• @frimmel:

Burton set the bar pretty low for Planet of the Apes movies.

One thing that Burton’s movie did was show that there is still an interest in the movies.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes, the new one coming out next month, looks really good. Since I saw the movie poster i watched the Burton version and then ordered the original movies in the Legacy box set as well as the tv series and cartoon series. I should be up to speed by the time i go to the new one.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@skinny1:

@frimmel:

One thing that Burton’s movie did was show that there is still an interest in the movies.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes, the new one coming out next month, looks really good. Since I saw the movie poster i watched the Burton version and then ordered the original movies in the Legacy box set as well as the tv series and cartoon series. I should be up to speed by the time i go to the new one.

It’s got to be good… at least I sure hope so… Andy Serkis is playing Caesar. Although, James Franco needs to fits his role too.

• @LHoffman:

@skinny1:

@frimmel:

It’s got to be good… at least I sure hope so… Andy Serkis is playing Caesar. Although, James Franco needs to fits his role too.

Even if he doesn’t, John Lithgow is in it and he never disappoints. Andy Serkis is a plus. I think it will be all good.

• @frimmel:

Very true, but I’m wanting to watch this new Ape movie.

• @ABWorsham:

@frimmel:

Yes the premise has my attention. It looks like they might have something to say as well as a bunch of cool cgi.

• @frimmel:

@ABWorsham:

@frimmel:

Yes the premise has my attention. It looks like they might have something to say as well as a bunch of cool cgi.

I read somewhere that with the new movie they are supposed to be setting up a lot of sequels. Hopefully it does well at the box office and the sequels get made.

• it’s old, i’m young
    but i like it a lot :P

War of the worlds, HG Wells ^^

• Ïðèâåò ïàðíè.   
    Î÷åíü õî÷åòñÿ ïîäèñêóòèðîâàòü íà òåìó ñîôòà.   
    Êòî êàêèå çíàåò ñàéòû ñ áåñïëàòíûì ñîôòîì: ïðîãðàììàìè, âàðåçíèêîì?

• Ïðèâåò ïàðíè.   

• Ïðèâåò ïàðíè.   

• Read War of the Worlds when I was a teen - scared the heck out of me for weeks!  :-D I’ve heard good things about Rise of the Apes movie, but I’m afraid it’ll be another one that disappoints after reading the book. Been on a more comic book style kick lately, and dl’d a copy of a new one out called HEROS - Metamorphisis by Kevin Rau. New author, never know what you’ll get with those, but was actually pretty entertaining. Story about 3 people turned into superheros but set in a more realistic world. Not too heavy which is what I was looking for, but engaging enough to have me waiting for the 2nd in the series which should come out this month.

Morph

• Have any of you heard any details about the upcoming Star Wars book about Darth Plagueis?

• I´m about to finish “Order 66” Novel of Karen Travis (Star Wars)…and I have to say its not what I expected out of it but reminds rather of Schindlers List…I like the Strong characters of Walon Skirata and his unconditional Love for People he don´t even has to care about but he is JUST doin it…and I like the other Characters like Obrim, Dar and Niner as well…it was a good job for getting the Idea of Clone troopers who are Diffrent to each other but still have this drilled bond to each other…what I don´t like is the beginning ,it´s like a bubble gum,a lil bit chewie…
    After all still a good read and worth to read it again…

“Rise and Fall of Darth Vader” dissapointed me because it has not much detail on how Vader changes inside and getting soaked up with hate, its more of starting the rivaly of him and his master immediatley, Darth Bane Novel “rule of two” is working it way more out then Vaders Story…

@ AB Worsham…no I haven´t yet…

By the way ,George Lukas is not really planning on bringing out the Blue Ray DVD´s and then getting out each of a 1/2 year pause episodes I -VI in 3-D?..I´m not gonna go for all of that!..maybe Episode III on 3-D but thats it…he rather should complete the saga with Episode VII ,VIII, and IX…

• … and back again…

I’m glad to see all of the interest in Asimov’s books.  So many of his books are great!

I’ve read a good many of them, but not all.  I hope to re-read his “Foundation” series again sometime in 2012 along with his young adult “Norby” series which is simply wonderful.

For the “Dune” novels, it’s been a long while since I’ve read them (probably 15-20 years or so), and I remember that I enjoyed the first one or two, but that the later books got a little “weird”.  Because I haven’t had much inclination to re-read the series since then, I can’t classify this series as ‘great’, just ‘decent’.

With Brandon Sanderson’s release of Robert Jordan’s “The Wheel of Time” series’ 14th and final book coming up in March, I’m planning to start with book 1 soon so as to time my reading of the entire series so that I’ll finish book 13 right as book 14 comes out.  Is anyone else planning on doing likewise?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m