• Sponsor

For all you young cats, and old school fans out there, thought I would share two performances from one of the greatest guitarists to ever live… put it on full screen, crank the volume, and prepare to have your face melt, if you don’t get goose bumps… you might be dead.

Live at the Apollo “Riff Raff”…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErXbMB9R5-0

Then later during the same concert at the Apollo “Let There Be Rock”…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3nEAmt5AZ8

• The real frickin AC/DC.  Angus still wearin his powerback.

• ANGUS!

don’t forget the immortal Bon Scott too!

• Sounds like the music from the live CD “If You Want Blood…”

AC/DC is my favorite band, especially the early Bon Scott songs

Someone had posted on youtube 4.7 hours of all Bon Scott AC/DC songs.
    The link is gone now :(

• Sponsor

@axis_roll:

Sounds like the music from the live CD “If You Want Blood…”

AC/DC is my favorite band, especially the early Bon Scott songs

Someone had posted on youtube 4.7 hours of all Bon Scott AC/DC songs.
    The link is gone now :(

For myself… Bon Scott and Brian Johnson are both equal legends, I enjoy what both bring vocally. The concert at the Apollo is definitely the live recording of “If you want blood, you got it”, you can tell by the mistake Bon made in the first chorus of “Let there be Rock”. I’ve been enjoying a lot of “behind the music” episodes on youtube lately… Black Sabbath, Metallica, Guns and Roses, Pink Floyd etc… However, AC/DC was my first real music love from the moment a cassette of “Back in Black” was put in my hands when I was 12 years old.

• I agree it is hard to compare lead singers (when bands change them) because they each have their own styles, and in this case, they both bring allot to the table.

Good to hear of more AC/DC fans.

It is interesting to see, as an older man, youngsters (the age of my daughters) wearing AC/DC shirts and the Sat youth bowling league.

Like these older rockers, I have been rock~n~rolling for 4+ decades!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Yeah, Bon Scott’s voice was way better. He was way more dynamic in range and inflection than Brian Johnson is. Scott had a slimy snarl and a wry cheekiness that Johnson just can’t match. It is unfortunate for the legacy of AC/DC that Bon Scott died so early; everything on Back in Black (except for the title song) would sound better with Scott on vocals.

After watching some interviews of him on Youtube, I was surprised at how intelligent and articulate Bon Scott was. AC/DCs music can give the impression that he was as base as the lyrics and as simple as all the riffs in their songs, but much the contrary; he seemed very much to be quite a thinker. Too bad he lost it all.

Not to rip on Johnson too much, but he really only has two levels of singing: high pitched scream sing-song and that unmelodic rasp which at times borders on a rap. Scott was a great icon for AC/DC and by far the better of the two singers. That I believe is the objective truth, but one is entitled to personal preferences.

• Sponsor

I would have phases where I would listen to a ton of Brian Johnson AC/DC for months ( favorites are: Shoot to Thrill, Hells Bells, Nervous Breakdown, Guns For Hire, Deep in the Hole, Snowballed, Sink the Pink, Thats the way I wanna rock and roll, For those about to rock, The Razors Edge).

Then I would switch into a Bon Scott phase that would last for months as well (favorites are: Let There Be Rock, Walk All Over You, Overdose, Squealer, The Down Payment Blues, Whole Lotta Rosie, Shot Down in Flames, Dog Eat Dog, Hell Ain’t a Bad Place to Be, Ain’t No Fun Waiting Around to be a Millionaire).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m