WW2 Path to Victory - Rules Discussion

• '19 '17 '16

Is it intended that you can’t scramble to land where there are air units only?

• @simon33 You can scramble to a land territory that contains only defending air units. Any defending units at all enable the scramble.

• '19 '17 '16

@regularkid said in WW2 Path to Victory - Rules Discussion:

@simon33 You can scramble to a land territory that contains only defending air units. Any defending units at all enable the scramble.

The notes say “land units”.

• @simon33 ah thanks i’ll fix this

Is there a post where we can read about the changes to the initial units relative to either OOB or BM3? Just getting into P2V for the first time here.

• '19 '17

@mikawagunichi Changes are all written in the game notes for the PTV map.

@adam514 Thanks I’ll check it out

@adam514 I read through the game notes but I still haven’t found what I am looking for. The change log notes all of the changes since the original iteration of P2V, but does not cover the changes from other versions of the game.

For example, a Japanese cruiser has been added to the Carolines fleet. 1 fig and 1 tac have been removed from Manchuria (Southern Manchuria in this map) and apparently moved to Kwangsi. Is there anywhere that all of the changes to the initial setup are covered? Thank you.

• '19 '17

@mikawagunichi Oh no the setup was changed too much to list the differences with G40.

• Hey, guys. Version 6.1 of PTV is now available for download. There were no substantive changes. We simply corrected game notes and objectives panel to reflect: (1) that the Iraq/Persia National Objectives for Italy and Germany include Southern Persia, and (2) that Japan’s garrison requirement for China excludes AA guns. Enjoy!

• @regularkid said in WW2 Path to Victory - Rules Discussion:

Carrier scramble - 1 per carrier right? And as a follow up to previous question, a ftr on carrier in z116 could scramble to defend Norway, Denmark, Wger, or Ger as well as adjancent sea zones?

Yes. One plane per carrier. And a carrier in sz 116 can indeed do all that. For the land territories, there must be at least one defending unit already in the territory.

Actually, as the rule is written it demands land-units, i e air-planes are not valid.

With land-scramble it only requires defending units.

Haven’t read the whole thread, but a clarification would be good. As it is, I’ll go with the present rule wording, also found in the notes.

• @trulpen said in WW2 Path to Victory - Rules Discussion:

it only requires defending units.
    Haven’t read the whole thread, but a clarificatio

Hey trulpen. Yes, as used in the rule, the term “land units” was simply intended to denote units defending on land (as opposed to sea). But I see that it could be ambiguous. We may include a clarification in future iterations to make clear that defending air units satisfy the rule.

• Thanks for your answer. The easiest is probably to word it the same as the land-scramble. I believe “defending units” works then.

• The rule says 3 planes can scramble to adjacent sz if defending land units. Does this mean amphib assault? ie planes can scramble if amphib assault against a sz if it’s not an empty territory. But they can’t if territory is empty?

• @regularkid said in WW2 Path to Victory - Rules Discussion:

Hey @J-o-C . Its a TripleA map that is different from the Global map–.e.g, Russia, China, and the Pacific are drawn quite differently. But other than the map itself, I don’t think there’d be any obstacle to adapting for tabletop play with Global pieces. I’d be happy to provide a high-def map image for anybody that wanted to try it on tabletop.

I tested it first time yesterday on TripleA. I enjoyed the modification to Global map and ended the game quite historically (just with Russia in Poland and Austria but not in Germany, and Japan hard to surrender).

Any news on the high-def map? I’m looking forward to try it on tabletop.

Thanks, excellent work!

• @mikawagunichi said in WW2 Path to Victory - Rules Discussion:

@adam514 I read through the game notes but I still haven’t found what I am looking for. The change log notes all of the changes since the original iteration of P2V, but does not cover the changes from other versions of the game.

For example, a Japanese cruiser has been added to the Carolines fleet. 1 fig and 1 tac have been removed from Manchuria (Southern Manchuria in this map) and apparently moved to Kwangsi. Is there anywhere that all of the changes to the initial setup are covered? Thank you.

Scanned through the G40 and P2V maps and these were the changes I noted, happy for anyone to highlight if I’ve made any errors or omissions.

Germany

Territory Added Removed
    Germany 1 AA Gun
    West Germany 1 Tac Bomber 2 Mech Inf
    Austria 3 Mech Inf
    Poland 1 Inf, 1 Fighter 1 Tac Bomber
    Hungary 1 Fighter
    Holland 1 Inf, 1 AA Gun

Russia

Territory Added Removed
    Urals Minor IC
    Buryatia 3 Inf
    Amur 3 Inf
    Siberia 3 Inf, Minor IC

Japan

Territory Added Removed
    Manchuria 1 Inf, 1 Fighter, 1 Tac Bomber
    Korea 1 Inf
    Shantung 1 Inf
    Kwangsi 1 Inf, 1 Fighter, 1 Tac Bomber
    Okinawa 1 Fighter
    Formosa 1 Inf
    Caroline Is. 1 Marine
    Sea Zone 33 1 Cruiser
    Marianas 1 Inf

USA

Territory Added Removed
    Central US 2 Mech Inf
    Western US 1 Marine
    Hawaii 1 Marine

China

Territory Added Removed
    China 2 Inf

UK

Territory Added Removed
    Malta Airbase
    Borneo 1 Inf

Italy

Territory Added Removed
    North Italy 1 AA Gun

Neutrals

Territory Added Removed
    Spain 2 Inf
    Switzerland 2 Inf
    Turkey 3 Inf
    Mongolia 2 Inf

• @flyingbadger Great stuff, thanks for putting this together.

• Hey all. Version 6.2 of the map is available for download now.

No substantive changes were made. Just corrected a cosmetic issue with Mexico, and added some clarifications to the Game Notes. You can continue to play the old version, or update to the new one, since they’re cross compatible. Enjoy.

• STREAMING ON TWITCH TONIGHT:

@Adam514 and I will be playing @mikawagunichi and @avandoo in a live game of WW2 Path to Victory. The game will be streamed in its entirety, with live commentary from Adam and me.

Come hang out. Have a snack. Talk some A&A.

Time: 10 pm EST, tonight.

Place: https://www.twitch.tv/dudewithopinions

PTVontwitch.png

• @regularkid even though I don’t get to see it, I wish you a good time. Maybe there is a way to watch it anytime later. European time is killing it…Got to get up early.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m