• What happen if an allied power captured an industrial complex built on Chinese territory?

Let say Japan build an Industrial Complex in Manchuria on turn 1 and later on during the game some Soviet units come and liberate Manchuria.
    Since the territory reverts back to Chinese control and the Chinese do not have an economy do the industrial complex simply ‘‘disappear’’ like in 1940?

• @Soviet-Steamroller From the official FAQ:

Q. If Japan builds an industrial complex in Manchuria and it’s later captured by the Allies, can the US use it to mobilize units?

A. No. Manchuria and Kiangsu are original Chinese territories. If they are taken from the Axis, they are liberated and returned to Chinese control. Since a power can’t use an ally’s industrial complex to mobilize units, the US can’t use a Chinese-controlled industrial complex. Since China has no IPCs, it can’t use the industrial complex, either.

So the IC simply remains in place.
    HTH :slightly_smiling_face:

• @Panther
    Ok i get it!

Of course i knew that no power can use a friendly Industrial Complex but my question came more from the fact that in 1940, in such a case, the complex would simply be removed from the game.

Since it was not clearly stated in Anniversary rules i was curious.

So long story short it is better never to make any assumption when going back and forth from 1940 to Anniversary right?
    If it is not clearly written down then don’t assume it!

• @Soviet-Steamroller said in Captured Industrial complex in China?:

So long story short it is better never to make any assumption when going back and forth from 1940 to Anniversary right?
    If it is not clearly written down then don’t assume it!

Sounds good. However, there are many parallels in the rulesets. But not in this specific case - neither in other cases.
    Better check the rulebooks/FAQ, as “assuming” or “believing” is sometimes misleading indeed. :wink:

In case of doubts just ask of course! :slightly_smiling_face:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m