Which war is the most exciting to learn about

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Again, the Ceasefire was because there wasn’t enough political will to finish the job.

That’s pretty obvious, otherwise the US would have nuked china, like General Mac wanted to, and you would have ended the conflict.

War lost at home, not in the field.

• …otherwise the US would have nuked china, like General Mac wanted to, and you would have ended the conflict.

Yes ended that conflict and started WW3 with Russia, China’s ally at the time

• What WW3?..Just because the U.S. was involved does not neccesariily mean it is another WW…I would call it rather a conflict between a Superpower and a greater Power…other then that ,it is that we are in round ??? of World Wars…

• Just because USA nukes China and USSR NUKES USA and USA and NATO NUKE USSR and WARSAW Pact invades western Europe…. does not mean WW3?

What does killing 75% of the worlds population across the globe mean?

Population control?

• @Imperious:

Just because USA nukes China and USSR NUKES USA and USA and NATO NUKE USSR and WARSAW Pact invades western Europe…. does not mean WW3?

Population control?

That doesn´t justifies a World War if the parties involved only threatning each other!

as long as there is no actual Killing there is no World War , I´m not ignoring the present World wide situation, just trying to be realistic…I agree that there is a hidden War out there but Not a World War…According to the peresnt type of Flag the U.S. shows, she is still at war, but the Federal Russian flag shows a diffrent one.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@aequitas:

@Imperious:

Just because USA nukes China and USSR NUKES USA and USA and NATO NUKE USSR and WARSAW Pact invades western Europe…. does not mean WW3?

Population control?

That doesn´t justifies a World War if the parties involved only threatning each other!

as long as there is no actual Killing there is no World War , I´m not ignoring the present World wide situation, just trying to be realistic…I agree that there is a hidden War out there but Not a World War…According to the peresnt type of Flag the U.S. shows, she is still at war, but the Federal Russian flag shows a diffrent one.

I think IL is referring to the Korean War that was mentioned before, not to the present situation.

• So in 1951-53 do you not think the chance is greater of total war if we NUKE China and North Korea?

USSR is just gonna ignore its close ally and let China get NUKED?

Incorrect conclusion IMO.

It would be like USSR sending ICBM to England and we do nothing.

Not happening.

Y would we save England a third time?  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll:

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

and started WW3 with Russia, China’s ally at the time

Actually, I recall them NOT being that good of allies. You can read about that at a number of places on the internet.

ALSO Russia’s Nuclear Missles at that time, were incapable of reaching Continental USA (Hence why 10 years later missles in cuba “we would be living at the point of a gun” the missles became such a big deal).

So in short, NO I don’t think a nuclear bombing of china, would have started wwiii at the time.

• Let´s assume that China or North Kora get Nuked by the U.S. ,I think the USSR would have no problem with it. They would send an Ambassador to the U.S. with congrats gifts and a simple note with: Thank you for Removing surgical that abscess from our “Behind”, one foe less!..China wasn´t in any pact and still is not in any, like North Korea…we would have an Intermezzo more likely when the U.S. would have had Nuked the Democrate German Rep. …

• USSR sent in some troops: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War

“Strength” 26,000

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m