• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I just heard they are now attacking insurgents in the south east, and have brought in the draft.

Also heard Putin says to leave the south and the east, OR ELSE.

• '21 '20 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13

Now Ukrainian government  is firing the East with short-range ballistic missiles. I feel they would use nuclear weapon if they have it.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/07/29/ath-starr-officials-ukraine-military-fired-at-rebels.cnn.html

• If the Ukrainian government had nukes, I seriously doubt that it would fire them at a section of its own national territory.  This would amount to either the Ukraine launching a nuclear strike against itself, or to a statement by the Ukrainian government that the rebel-held areas constitute a foreign country.  I’m not sure which of those two possibilities would look worse in the local newspapers the following day.  Turning a rebel-held territory into a radioactive wasteland would also be a pretty self-defeating way of reasserting national countrol over the disputed area, since nobody would want to live there anymore.

• Thanks for that Garg. Am in the middle of beyond here, with only children’s TV to sustain us, so is good to hear a news report.
    I am glad to hear this is happening, as I want Russia and Russia’s foreign policies out of the equation. Murder has been committed and justice and the truth cannot be revealed while war continues on the ground near the crash site.
    We all know Putin’s thoughts and policies are contra to any decent human being’s take on the matter.

2 CWO Marc: That was my sarcasm. They would probably not use nukes, but looking on the types of weapons Ukrainian army uses I doubt they properly care about the territory and people leaving there.

Russia will never be out of the equation because of the future of Ukraine that depends on having a strong relationship with Russia and Russians residing in W Ukr.

A terrorist act or committed murder is one of the MH17 crash versions, not prevailing among U.S. and Ukrainian officials btw. The officials said a missile from rebel territory shot it down, most likely by mistake. I personally saw evidence supporting the recent US/Ukr version. A couple hours before the crash I checked the separatist’s public page @ vc.com for news from their side and found a post saying they (pro-Russians) launched a missile and brought down AN-26 Ukrainian military transport aircraft. When I checked the site again shortly after the crash, the post was deleted.  There are several nuances in my story and much in the tragedy and a lot of speculations and fakes in the web incl. photos and phone call records. Investigation is not completed yet. Until than, if anyone thinks it is murder (I am inclining to think so), the best thing we can do is checking for motivations any side involved into the Ukrainian crisis could have to kill the plane.

• @CWO:

If the Ukrainian government had nukes,

…then Putin would never have the courage to try this sort of thing.

• Do you guys beleive that Russia will invade? Or keep supporting ‘sepertist freedom fighters’.

@Hobbes:

@CWO:

If Russia has no nukes, NATO would be in Ukraine already.

• @Me1945:

@Hobbes:

@CWO:

If Russia has no nukes, NATO would be in Ukraine already.

Being a member of the nuclear country club has it’s benefits.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m