• '17 '16 '15 '12

Good point, Commander :-)

Besides, Romulan Empire commanders are second to none, anyway.
    Well, maybe not the one IL mentioned, unfortunately.

• He was the original Romulan and he is a great actor BTW

• '17 '16 '15 '12

he definitly is a great actor. As Keras (not canon, this name, I think) and as Sarek.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Benjami Stinkso has got nothing on the black captain from the last star trek movie, who gets a spear through his heart in the first five minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fy0Eate8k8

Captain Kirk vs Captain Ron Tracey

• Customizer

Captain Dick Jones

Pisses all over Riker.

@Cromwell_Dude:

Ok, I know this post is off-topic, but I don’t know if there is a desire for it with a separate thread…but, if you could create your own Starfleet enemy what or who would it be?

Star Trek vs Predator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIL_J499Esg

I suppose Xenomorph’s would do too?

Star Trek Wars anyone? lol…

• I liked the new movie but can you really top William Shatner? Love it when he is on family guy.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Picard was always my favorite, because I grew up watching TNG. But objectively, Kirk must be considered the better captain.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Cromwell_Dude:

Ok, I know this post is off-topic, but I don’t know if there is a desire for it with a separate thread…but, if you could create your own Starfleet enemy what or who would it be?

Humans.  D@mn beings think they whole universe revolves around them!  I’d love to see the United Federation of Planets turn on Earth and destroy it, or at least subjugate it (since they are all for freedom, it would be great irony!) then have, maybe, an oberth class starship or reliant class starship work to build a new coalition to liberate Earth!

Heck, they altered the timeline anyway with the Romulans going back in time to demo-Vulcan.  This could be natural fallout!

• I voted Picard. Coolest voice ever.

DS9 is my favourite show, but not particulary because of the captain.

I didn’t like DS9.  Maybe because I was such a huge B5 fan and that, in my opinion, they did a far superior job writting babylon 5 that ds9 seemed like a knockoff to me.

• @Cmdr:

I didn’t like DS9.  Maybe because I was such a huge B5 fan and that, in my opinion, they did a far superior job writting babylon 5 that ds9 seemed like a knockoff to me.

It funny, the other day my girlfriend mentioned that when ever she watched the show while it was on the air, it just seemed like a bunch of aliens sitting around the bar. I thought for a minute and said, “oh my god, it was Space Cheers!”  :lol:

@Clyde85:

@Cmdr:

I didn’t like DS9.  Maybe because I was such a huge B5 fan and that, in my opinion, they did a far superior job writting babylon 5 that ds9 seemed like a knockoff to me.Â

It funny, the other day my girlfriend mentioned that when ever she watched the show while it was on the air, it just seemed like a bunch of aliens sitting around the bar. I thought for a minute and said, "oh my god, it was Space Cheers!"   :lol:

Could explain a lot, I really disliked cheers! (only time I know of when the spin off was far better than the original!  Go Fraiser!)

• '17 '16 '15 '12

you cant beat DS9 as a show and continuing story with many branches. Cant beat such a character mix, cant beat Garak :)  Compared to them, Voyager and even NextGen look bloodless.
    Having said that, all have their strenghts and moments, I enjoyed all. Shame that the US audience killed Enterprise.

Enterprise was good.  They did a great job of sticking to the storyline in my opinion.

Garak was nice, but he was hardly the depth and breadth of Susan Ivanova!

• Ok, while I love DS9, the Cardassian in me says I have to “hate” Sisko. Lots of things to respond to in this post, so here it goes:

1. DS9 was the best overall, but TNG did out do on certain episodes.
    2. Best Captain was Picard, followed by Kirk (ok, so he fathered millions, but Orion Herpes is nothing to brag about, even if it is the gift that keeps on giving!), then Sisko, then Archer, then probably Captain Garret, then to reference Moneyball, 10 layers of poop, and then Captain Janeway.
    3. Babylon 5 was good, but DS9 was better at the political/religious storylines of Bajor over that damn Valen BS.
    4. The Defiant is supreme over all Federation ships
    5. After Cardassians, the Romulans past, present, and future guys (sin Nemesis) provide the best storylines for the Star Trek Franchise….Klingons are a waste of a good hour of TV…
    6. Enterprise never gets any respect, especially for the Season 3 arc with the expanse.  It was really going in the right direction, but just never got off the ground.  I would have loved to seen the Romulan/Federation war.

You know, I was thinking about it…

Janeway is not my favourite… but in terms of -credentials- doesn’t Captain Janeway have way more than Kirk?

1. Way more first contacts
    2. Atleast 20 borg cubes destroyed
    3. Formed several of her own alliances
    4. Kept her ship going without resupply or reinforcements for seven years
    5. Fought more battles than Kirk, against harder opponents, and lost fewer crew
    6. First captain to visit fluidic space
    7. Murdered one of her own crew members “Tuvix”
    8. Defeated fear itself “The Thaw”
    9. Built her own ship “Delta Flyer”

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Gargantua:

9. Built her own ship “Delta Flyer”

Most of those are not very impressive… but I take umbrage with No. 9.

I am not Voyager expert, but wasn’t Delta Flyer Tom Paris’ ship?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m