• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Cromwell_Dude:

Ok, I know this post is off-topic, but I don’t know if there is a desire for it with a separate thread…but, if you could create your own Starfleet enemy what or who would it be?

Star Trek vs Predator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIL_J499Esg

I suppose Xenomorph’s would do too?

Star Trek Wars anyone? lol…

• I liked the new movie but can you really top William Shatner? Love it when he is on family guy.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Picard was always my favorite, because I grew up watching TNG. But objectively, Kirk must be considered the better captain.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Cromwell_Dude:

Ok, I know this post is off-topic, but I don’t know if there is a desire for it with a separate thread…but, if you could create your own Starfleet enemy what or who would it be?

Humans.  D@mn beings think they whole universe revolves around them!  I’d love to see the United Federation of Planets turn on Earth and destroy it, or at least subjugate it (since they are all for freedom, it would be great irony!) then have, maybe, an oberth class starship or reliant class starship work to build a new coalition to liberate Earth!

Heck, they altered the timeline anyway with the Romulans going back in time to demo-Vulcan.  This could be natural fallout!

• I voted Picard. Coolest voice ever.

DS9 is my favourite show, but not particulary because of the captain.

I didn’t like DS9.  Maybe because I was such a huge B5 fan and that, in my opinion, they did a far superior job writting babylon 5 that ds9 seemed like a knockoff to me.

• @Cmdr:

I didn’t like DS9.  Maybe because I was such a huge B5 fan and that, in my opinion, they did a far superior job writting babylon 5 that ds9 seemed like a knockoff to me.

It funny, the other day my girlfriend mentioned that when ever she watched the show while it was on the air, it just seemed like a bunch of aliens sitting around the bar. I thought for a minute and said, “oh my god, it was Space Cheers!”  :lol:

@Clyde85:

@Cmdr:

I didn’t like DS9.  Maybe because I was such a huge B5 fan and that, in my opinion, they did a far superior job writting babylon 5 that ds9 seemed like a knockoff to me.Â

It funny, the other day my girlfriend mentioned that when ever she watched the show while it was on the air, it just seemed like a bunch of aliens sitting around the bar. I thought for a minute and said, "oh my god, it was Space Cheers!"   :lol:

Could explain a lot, I really disliked cheers! (only time I know of when the spin off was far better than the original!  Go Fraiser!)

• '17 '16 '15 '12

you cant beat DS9 as a show and continuing story with many branches. Cant beat such a character mix, cant beat Garak :)  Compared to them, Voyager and even NextGen look bloodless.
    Having said that, all have their strenghts and moments, I enjoyed all. Shame that the US audience killed Enterprise.

Enterprise was good.  They did a great job of sticking to the storyline in my opinion.

Garak was nice, but he was hardly the depth and breadth of Susan Ivanova!

• Ok, while I love DS9, the Cardassian in me says I have to “hate” Sisko. Lots of things to respond to in this post, so here it goes:

1. DS9 was the best overall, but TNG did out do on certain episodes.
    2. Best Captain was Picard, followed by Kirk (ok, so he fathered millions, but Orion Herpes is nothing to brag about, even if it is the gift that keeps on giving!), then Sisko, then Archer, then probably Captain Garret, then to reference Moneyball, 10 layers of poop, and then Captain Janeway.
    3. Babylon 5 was good, but DS9 was better at the political/religious storylines of Bajor over that damn Valen BS.
    4. The Defiant is supreme over all Federation ships
    5. After Cardassians, the Romulans past, present, and future guys (sin Nemesis) provide the best storylines for the Star Trek Franchise….Klingons are a waste of a good hour of TV…
    6. Enterprise never gets any respect, especially for the Season 3 arc with the expanse.  It was really going in the right direction, but just never got off the ground.  I would have loved to seen the Romulan/Federation war.

You know, I was thinking about it…

Janeway is not my favourite… but in terms of -credentials- doesn’t Captain Janeway have way more than Kirk?

1. Way more first contacts
    2. Atleast 20 borg cubes destroyed
    3. Formed several of her own alliances
    4. Kept her ship going without resupply or reinforcements for seven years
    5. Fought more battles than Kirk, against harder opponents, and lost fewer crew
    6. First captain to visit fluidic space
    7. Murdered one of her own crew members “Tuvix”
    8. Defeated fear itself “The Thaw”
    9. Built her own ship “Delta Flyer”

@Gargantua:

9. Built her own ship “Delta Flyer”

Most of those are not very impressive… but I take umbrage with No. 9.

I am not Voyager expert, but wasn’t Delta Flyer Tom Paris’ ship?

@Mallery29:

Ok, while I love DS9, the Cardassian in me says I have to “hate” Sisko. Lots of things to respond to in this post, so here it goes:

1. DS9 was the best overall, but TNG did out do on certain episodes.

2. The Defiant is supreme over all Federation ships

1. Mostly wrong, but partly right.  :wink:

2. While it is a “tough little ship”, can in no way be considered better than the Enterprise (any of them). Anyone who wants to throw Voyager on top is a moron.

Anyone who wants to throw Voyager on top is a moron.

Call me a moron then because in regards to Voyager Canon

-With the armor upgrades from the “future” it recieved,
    -the borg technology it used,

• the multispectral multiphasic shielding,
      -and transphasic torpedo’s that can pop a borg cube faster than a zit in one shit.

Voyager was more than capable (on paper) of defeating the Enterprise… and DS9 put together.

Whatever you want to believe, the moron writers of Voyager screwed the storyline and star-trek canon up so bad, that they allowed these kind of kid-like fallacies to exist.

Therby making Voyager the toughest ship in the fleet. Nothing in the federation could match that.

Put the battle of wolf 359 in perspective.  The ENTIRE Federation fleet minus the enterprise couldn’t defeat a single Borg cube.

On the day Voyager flew home, she defeated a dozen Borg cubes and spheres, and destroyed an entire transwarp conduit facility. Without even blinking an eye, or losing a crew member.

@Gargantua:

Anyone who wants to throw Voyager on top is a moron.

Call me a moron then

Okay…

Garg’s a moron everyone!  :-P

Anyway, I thought we were talking standard ships here, not tricked out future-tech which is basically cheating. The writers had to give Voyager all that crap because otherwise it wouldn’t have survived the Delta Quadrant. Like how they conveniently threw in a bunch of space/time warping phenomena/aliens/or future tech for them to get home in a reasonable amount of time.

A) Yes, DS9 did a better religious story than B5; but B5 blew them away with subtlety, politics and above all else, SPACE COMBAT!  Which, honestly, is the only reason to watch science fiction.  Without combat, isn’t it just basically a romance novel with no romance and no novel?  :P

B) In regards to Janeway with the cubes and Kirk, Kirk took out the Klingon Empire.  Not sure if that’s equivalent to a smattering of cubes, but I would have to say it’s gotta be at least as good if not better.  Picard and Janeway together had to work on the Borg situation and even then, they had Klingons and Romulans.  Janeway fought the Hirogen to a stand still but Sisko fought (fine, WORF fought!) the Dominion to a stand still.  Of course, Sisko had a defunct old battle platform while Janeway had the top of the line science cruiser complete with abaltive hull armor.  Meanwhile, poor Kirk is running around in a Constitution Class death trap being held together by spit, prayers and Scotty’s ingenuity!

I guess if it came down too it.  I’d take the crew and captain of the Enterprise and Enterprise-A over that of the Enterprice-C and Enterprise-D or Voyager or heck, even the NX Class Enterprise for that matter.  (Though, if you ask me, Archer was the cutest captain of the enterprise!)

• '17

I have to side with Alex and say Sisko.

Sisko was most ruthless, most human, and most bearded. Also, I would have a beer with him.

Picard, Kirk, and Janeway (all of whom I like) act tend to act like they are gods or robots.

@Mallery29:

Klingons are a waste of a good hour of TV…

Even Martok?!?

• The only good Klingon is a DEAD Klingon!

With Sisko, I love it because it’s the most “human” Captain.  He has a son. He lost his wife, he met a new chick, married said chick, then got burned for it!

DS9 was better ensemble wise and that factored into the show.  I do agree that the other three did act like robots/gods.  My problem with Janeway I guess stems from Voyager being terrible along with most of the cast and storylines.  Besides Caretaker and the Year of Hell, Voyager failed and so many levels.  But the shows mostly revolved around the Captains.  I think it was hard to say that for DS9.  If you add “…In the Pale Moonlight” to Sisko’s resume, you’ll find that what he had to do in that episode put him a step above the others in many ways.

As for the Enterprise vs. Defiant…remind me again who got owned by a lowly bird of prey?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m