• In no order:

1. John Adams, when asked about his British relatives, “I have not one drop of blood in my veins but what is American!”
    2. John Adams, "The true source of our suffering has been our timidity. We have been afraid to think. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write. Let it be known that British liberties are not the grants of princes or parliaments
    3. Thomas Jefferson, “The King is a tyrant whether we call him one or not. We might as well call him one”
    4. Edmund Burke “A Representative owes the people not only his industry, but his judgment, and he betrays them if he sacrifices it to their opinion”
    5. Patrick Henry – “I am not a Virginian, but an American”

(I’m a sap for the Revolutionary War)

• My personal favorite by far is…." Judge a man not by the color of his skin, but by the CHARACTER in his heart"  Martin Luther King Jr

• “Soldiers of the Western Front! Your great hour has arrived. Large attacking armies have started against the Anglo-Americans. I do not have to tell you more than that. You feel it yourself. WE GAMBLE EVERYTHING! You carry …the holy obligation to give everything to achieve things beyond human possibilities for our fatherland and our Fuhrer!” –-Von Rundstedt

stated so well by him at the onset of the great gamble in the west dec. 16th 1944. Very inspiring.

Also:

“Now is the winter of our discontent
        made glorious summer by this son of York…” spoken from Sir Laurence Olivier as Richard III the entire opening soliloquy of act one scene one. Its the greatest thing i ever heard coming from any actor.Its so intense and perfectly done for such a hard bunch of lines setting the tone of where Richard III’s ambitions are. I love that entire movie.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m