If you could create a super-group…

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Gargantua:

The Star Wars picture is aptly titled… however, I am kinda freaked out by this one. I am a Star Trek fan and all… more than I am for Star Wars, but this is disturbing in ways I cannot begin to detail.

• Reminds me of last Wednesday, I talked with Shatner in a restaurant we both happened to be at. Poor man walks with a cane now. He is not doing well.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I hung out with Scotty before he died.

You know what’s messed up? On his right hand he’s missing a finger. But you NEVER see it in the show. Not ever… He’s always got a clipboard, or a panel, or cable, or station, or whatever in the way!

Oops! Turns out it does show up in the show!

http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/quiz120962ddb1f8.html

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@johnnymarr:

Vocals- Robert Plant
    Guitar- Jimmy Page
    Bass- John Paul Jones
    Drums- John Bonham

He cheated too.  I think it is crucial that the rules be applied equally (boo hoo).

This will be my final statement in this thread, as it has now degraded into the dark pit of Star Trek trivia.  For the Love of God, I’m a doctor not a dork.

@variance:

@johnnymarr:

Vocals- Robert Plant
    Guitar- Jimmy Page
    Bass- John Paul Jones
    Drums- John Bonham

He cheated too.  I think it is crucial that the rules be applied equally (boo hoo).

Oh, I gave him what-for earlier… you must not have read that bit. So the rules were applied equally.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

OK as long as the rules were FAIR.  (I’m just joking with you BTW).

Also, I want to add King Diamond to my supergroup.  He would be in charge of cheesy lyrical content and makeup.

• Weird Al Yankovic - Lead Accordion & Backup Vocals
    Justin Bieber - Lead Falsetto and Sex Appeal
    Animal - Drums
    Sheila E. - Everything else and my taxes

• I hung out with Scotty before he died.

You killed him. Figures…

• '10

Well, haven’t heard from the JM in a while… how fitting that our topic is music when he happens back.

I know we all wish Led Zeppelin would be reborn, but this does not even attempt to address in serious terms what I am asking for.

I am kinda surprised that I didn’t see Morrissey, Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce instead.

I think you need to change your name to jimmypage.

Actually, The Smiths are my favorite, but I’ve been listening to Zeppelin for a lot longer.  They are far more superior musicians than The Smiths.  I actually tried to to think of the best people for each job and i really couldnt think of anybody I’d take over those four.  I think every one of them was the best of the best.  The only one i contemplated changing was Eric Clapton over Jimmy Page.

• '10

and i didn’t read the rules, so i’ll try it again.

Vocals- Morrissey
    Guitar- Eric Clapton
    Bass- Paul McCartney
    Drums- John Bonham

@variance:

OK as long as the rules were FAIR.  (I’m just joking with you BTW).

Also, I want to add King Diamond to my supergroup.  He would be in charge of cheesy lyrical content and makeup.

No problems… just like Fox News, I am Fair & Balanced.  :wink:

Unfamiliar with King Diamond… unless that means Neil. Actually now that you mention it, Ben Cheese would be a great frontman for a rock group.

@Jermofoot:

Weird Al Yankovic - Lead Accordion & Backup Vocals
    Justin Bieber - Lead Falsetto and Sex Appeal
    Animal - Drums
    Sheila E. - Everything else and my taxes

A sarcastic take, but some good ideas.

Animal was a wise choice. Weird Al has already demonstrated that he is a master of all genres. Bieber will draw the pre-teen crowd. Don’t know Sheila E… but she does not sound any more promising than the others.

@johnnymarr:

Actually, The Smiths are my favorite, but I’ve been listening to Zeppelin for a lot longer.  They are far more superior musicians than The Smiths.  I actually tried to to think of the best people for each job and i really couldnt think of anybody I’d take over those four.  I think every one of them was the best of the best.  The only one i contemplated changing was Eric Clapton over Jimmy Page.

I agree with you there… I am not sure that I would in all seriousness be able to pick 4 guys who i can say would be better as a group. Best of the best for sure.

That said, I am surprised at your contemplation of Clapton over Page, however brief… Clapton is an icon, but is not nearly as heavy or innovative as Jimmy Page. Wouldn’t have suited Led Zeppelin in my opinion.

Surprisingly, I have never listened to The Smiths before. With the power of Spotify, I shall do so tomorrow.

@johnnymarr:

and i didn’t read the rules, so i’ll try it again.

Vocals- Morrissey
    Guitar- Eric Clapton
    Bass- Paul McCartney
    Drums- John Bonham

All I ask is that you give it a try, and I appreciate that you did. Cannot fault your selections.

• '10

That said, I am surprised at your contemplation of Clapton over Page, however brief… Clapton is an icon, but is not nearly as heavy or innovative as Jimmy Page. Wouldn’t have suited Led Zeppelin in my opinion.

The only reason for this was i needed Bonham.  I think Page is better than Clapton, but there is no one i’d rather have over Bonham.

Surprisingly, I have never listened to The Smiths before. With the power of Spotify, I shall do so tomorrow.

Be prepared.  Complete 180 from Zeppelin.  They are an aquired taste.

• Bryan Ferry-Voice, Piano
    Billy Curry- Electric Violin, Keyboards
    Mick Karn- Bass, Sax
    Florian Schneider-keyboards
    Neil Peart, Yukihiro Takahashi- Drums
    no guitars

• Sponsor

Slash - Guitar (GNR)
    Steve Harris - Bass (Iron Maiden)
    Kieth Moon - Drums (Who)
    Bon Scott - Vocals (AC/DC)

@Young:

Slash - Guitar (GNR)
    Steve Harris - Bass (Iron Maiden)
    Kieth Moon - Drums (Who)
    Bon Scott - Vocals (AC/DC)

Cooool… I considered Bon Scott myself, but went with Plant instead.

• '12

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder - rhythm guitar, vocals (Prussia)
    Helmuth von Moltke the Younger - bass guitar, vocals (Germany)
    Hannibal, Son of Hamilcar Barca - lead guitar, sax (Carthage)
    General George S. Patton - drums (USA)
    Napoleon Bonaparte - percussion (France)
    Georgy Zhukov - mellotron, synths (USSR)

Yrs.,
    R.

• Sponsor

@Raymond:

Yrs.,
    R.

If you add Joan of Ark, it looks like the Wild Stallions band from Bill & Teds excellent adventure.

• '12

@Young:

@Raymond:

Yrs.,
    R.

If you add Joan of Ark, it looks like the Wild Stallions band from Bill & Teds excellent adventure.

Ha! I hadn’t even thought of that.

Yrs.,
    R.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m